News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

DC page updates

Started by SickAlice, February 14, 2014, 01:29:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SickAlice

I'm trying to do as many New 52 characters by spring so expect to see many updates to this page. I worked out some Suicide Squad characters now on to Justice League Dark and Birds Of Prey (and any requests, feel free).

First up is Nightmare Nurse from DC's dark books (Phantom Stranger, Justice League Dark, Constantine and Pandora) is made using Ink's Marvel Girl Rachel 2. I originally wanted the animations of it plus some extras but couldn't succeed in grafting them over. I added some more hair, bandages and a nurse hat and made a skin for it. She's pretty easy to bring into the game using arcane and dagger (scalpels) FX and various hurt/heal/defense magic type abilities.

Madame Xanadu is Ink's whitequeens. I cobbled up a new mapped dress and made some Xanadu bling then a skin.

Black Orchid is Ink's Xtreme Rogue stripped down and a new skin.

Pandora is Gren and JP's Nikki for the super awesome animations. Everything is still included, but everything but the guns and body are turned off. I then added Pandora parts and skins. There's a hooded and hood down skin. The pack also includes a Pandora's Box object which is a tweak of the skull from FFX. It may need more adjustments, I'm pretty new to making objects for FFVTTR.

Zatanna is Ink's Storm Jim Lee 2. It had much of the same direct type animations as his Zatanna mesh and then some so it seemed the go to. I pulled over some parts from his Zatanna mesh, resized and remapped and added a few more. Zatanna comes in a six skin pack being her New 52 look as she first appeared in JLD, the look she had later in Justice League Dark, her stage costume from the Zero issue, her Justice League uniform, her look from the upcoming Bloodspell series and a " classic " look from DCU. There's a bit of clipping a couldn't seem to phase out but as usual it's more present in CTool than in game.

Constantine is Gren's Dr.Fate with the jacket from male hunter added and a few more parts.

Phantom Stranger is Gren's Eternals Druig. I removed everything except for cape, then added two new capes and Phantom Stranger parts. Lastly I brought in Gren's male suit v2.

Frankenstein is Gren's Bloodaxe. I removed nearly everything from the original work, leaving the axes and body. I then replaced the body with a new one,  and a modified male trench mesh and replaced the axes with swords. Finally I added Frankenstein parts as best as I could fit them. I did a real fast sloppy job on the skin, this one could use some TLC if anyone feels inclined.

Killer Frost is Ink's Storm Classic. Most of the extras have been removed except those needed to maintain the meshes integrity which have been hidden. I added a new body and cape with an iced look as well as an ice cape, ice ring and ears.

The base mesh is Shatterstar by Beyonder. Dual sword meshes can be hard to come by especially for females, this has that and then some with an impressive and above the call of duty keyframe set, more than what I wanted for Strix. The female body came from Ewzzy's/Lord Ehmsidy's female basic crymson. I tweaked the head of the original (small chest no heels). I swapped out the original swords for new ones then added Strix costume parts. The mesh conforms to male basic and can be used as a decent base for female ninjas. Usually Strix has one long katana running parallel on her back and a shorter on for parrying hanging from her belt, but is depicted at times with two long swords hung cross style from her back. I had the swords positioned as the former but the animations ended up looking horrible so I went back to the cross style.

This is a modified version of Batgirl Classic by Ink. I hid the heeled teen and added a female bald then moved all the parts to new positions. I added new parts to the mesh to represent her New 52 look. Skins are New 52 and Gothtopia. I also maintained the original mesh parts and added alpha channels to them so one can bring in the original skins or classic look by tweaking the alphas a bit. I added another hair variation as well for those that want to make unmasked skins or civilian and want the hair down rather than up in a ponytail.

Starling is Nikki GOTG mesh by Grenadier and JP. I deleted most of the original parts except the body, guns and holsters. I then added holster straps, a shirt, wrist cuffs and hair. Lastly I moved the gun positions and changed the keyframe idle.

Helspont is based on Grenadier's Magneto. I deleted all the Magneto bits leaving only the cape, then imported two sliced bodies from Renegade's Ultraman to get both the armor look and buffness. I used a chestbeam from Gren's Iron Man and reskinned and sized it to this. The high poly skull comes from a 3d model of a skeleton I found long ago time ago at an education site, which I shaped into Helspont's dome. I added FX to the head and made a few more armor bits.

New 52 Captain Cold is on Ink's Captain Cold. I removed the main mesh and the extras except the belt and glasses. I brought in a male basic and sculpted the belt and glasses to suit New 52. I built a new gun and added costume bits, then changed most of the texture coordinates. Lastly I brought in a modified version of the male hunter meshes trench coat. Skins included are New 52 as standard and an extra hood down skin.

Death Of The Family Joker is using Taskmaster Cordless by Grenadier as a base. I removed all the original geometry and removed the bow and shield animations as they won't be used here. I left the nodes in in case anyone wants they can just reinject the old meshes back in. I made a new body using Irrational's Charles Wilson, a male basic head and Johnny Patch's hands as a base to work from. I made hair by resizing the hair from Ink's Nightwing and brought in some Ink ears which are welded to the main body. I sculpted a face using the 3d model of Joker from DCOnline as a starting point. I then made and added staples, clothing bits and tools (these were a lot of fun to sculpt!). I replaced the original weapons with hand tools as well: the sword became a big pipe wrench, the billyclub replaced with a ball peen hammer and the gun with a cordless nail gun (the pistol clip with a nail cartridge of course). I also replaced the hand grenade with a gas grenade. Lastly I moved around some of the weapon nodes to new locations. If anyone is inclined I would love to see FX for this. I'm not confidant enough in my abilities in FX making to do it myself. It could use a ball peen hammer throw, a joker gas grenade throw and a nail gun shot. I included a single nail in the mesh as a hidden piece for that. Thanks to anyone who considers it and thanks to Grenadier for this and so many other great meshes. None of this would be possible without his fabulous work and gifts to the community.

Duela Dent is on Horus by Grenadier. I removed all of the geometry including all of the extras and the body. I made a new body using Ewzzy's/Lord Ehmisdy's female crymsin and Johnny Patches hands.  I then rebuilt that body into female joker and scarecrone. I added a dress from Tommyboy's wizard (robe) then cut it a bit and re-textured and weighted. I made the rest of the parts and new polearms. I sculpted several new hairstyles for this release using different pre-existing ones as bases. I also sculpted a hat from Ink's penguin as well as borrowed the cigarette from that. Joker's face was made using a shared 3d model from DCUO as a base. I also brought in a cape from Gren's Magneto which I re-sculpted and re-textured and parts of a jacket from INK's Gambit which I previously re-textured and now sculpted a little more for this nif.

I added new keys for the skins that don't use a polearm which came from Gren's Flashback as well as two ranged keys from Gren's Punisher for the Riddler's Daughter  skin. I added some revolvers as well so the rest of the skins would look complete during the gun animation. I then rewrote the keys to account for the new parts.

I put a lot of time and TLC into this one especially into the Ame-Comi costume and I apologize for how thick it is (nearly 100 mb). I really wanted to capture the intense detail of the statue it's based on and attempted to 3d model every part of it that had depth.

Duela Dent comes with eleven skins: New 52 Joker's Daughter as the standard, Harlequin (classic), Harlequin (Teen Titans East), Ame-Comi, and all of the Pre-Crisis one's including Harlequin (original), Joker's Daughter, Riddler's Daughter, Penguin's Daughter, Catgirl, Scarecrone and Card Queen. If a weapon is called for each has a different one that represents their signature one(s). Ame-Comi has her cane, Harlequin Classic has Earth 3 Riddler's cane, New 52 her smile cane, Scarecrone a scythe, Penguin's Daughter an umbrella gun and Riddler's Daughter has question mark pellet guns. I also included a joker-headed cane with it even though it isn't one of Duela's weapons. I had the idea for it based on playing cards and some space to take up on the texture so I went ahead. Pre-Crisis Harlequin is currently using it and it can be removed by changing the alpha channel on the texture.

Getting a joker gas FX to look right: Choose an already existing FX in the Editor (in my test I used the " acid spray " cone FX). Copy it and rename it (in mine it was " acid spray duela ". Change the nodes to " flower " (enter manually). Save. Note: I only tried this with acid spray, I assume other FX will have varied results. I personally the area move looked best in game for this as well as she lifts her left arm out of the way of the spray and sticks her chest out.

The flaw in this mesh is anything attached to the head ghosts badly if the graphics are set to projected shadows. I tried every fix under the sun be it Tom's, the Blender method, using the partition spells and so on with no patch. Sorry it came out that way to anyone.

I think that's everything. I really love this character and especially the visual of the Ame-Comi version and hope I did it some justice.

And of course no one in the world should be without their friend so I whipped up an Enigma as well. Enigma is INK's Gambit. I deleted the body, jacket and all of the extras with the exception of the card which is hidden. I put together a female mesh from Ewzzy's/Lord Ehmisdy's female crymsin and Johnny Patches hands. I added some hair I used for Harley Quinn and recycled gloves and a cane from Duela Dent. I reshaped that E3 Riddler cane into Enigma's.

Last in this line I squeezed another out of the female joker mesh and made The Flashpoint version of Joker. Martha is on Gren's Punisher and includes a redone version of INK's Gambit jacket. I deleted Frank's extras and body but maintained the guns. I then replaced one uzi with a revolver and added new hair.

New 52 Deathstroke is on Grenadier's infamous Deathstroke mesh of course! I removed the extras but left the nodes with the exception of the weapons. I tailored a new male_basic by making changes to the legs then made and added new costume bits. The mask originally started as a model from Injustice. I also took the sword and pistol from that and replaced the ones here with those though I altered the sword more to match the New52 one. I also hid the belt grenade and staff on hip so it would look right, but they are still present. Deathstroke comes with two skins: New 52 as the standard and an unmasked variant.

Fifty Sue is on female basic kid which is a mesh I put together previously using AA's Supergirl 1 Million. For more information on that mesh see the Workbench page. For Fifty Sue I made and added new costume bits which were derived from parts I made on previous releases.

Downloads here:
http://catman.freedomforceforever.com/pages/dc.html

Podmark

Not familiar with her but it's a nice design.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

vorelliwiseau

Damn, SA, you so timely!

I hope you do the auxiliary Justice League Dark. Can't wait for more of these!

SickAlice

Thanks Pod and thanks vorelliswisau and you can count on them. More soon, I'm making a new custom dress which is part of the hold up, busy in life and if course shoveling Narnia. I hope to have some uploads by the weekend.

SickAlice

Added Madame Xanadu, Black Orchid, Pandora and Zatanna.

vorelliwiseau

Holy hell yes! You even added Pandora's Box!

Downloading!

daglob

Quote from: vorelliwiseau on February 21, 2014, 02:48:11 AM
Holy hell yes! You even added Pandora's Box!

Downloading!

Ditto...

SickAlice

Thank you for the compliments.
Added Constantine and Phantom Stranger.

Starman

I'm not familiar with a few of those characters but it's nice to see Phantom Stranger and Constantine getting some love. Good work!  :thumbup:

SickAlice

Thanks. I could have swore John was skinned before but maybe I'm imagining it. I wish I was good with keyframes. I wanted to give him an awkward hunch and walk with hands in the coat pockets.

Added Frankenstein.

SickAlice

Starman

I only just noticed Frankenstein ... sweet! It's good to see someone doing a great job on the newer (and newer version of) DC characters  :thumbup:

SickAlice

Belated welcome and thanks. Eh, Frank turned out " acceptable " but I had too many faults in it. I wish I could brought that one together a little better but it was being a huge pain as it was.

Added Strix from Birds Of Prey.

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

SickAlice

BentonGrey

Hey, some nice stuff here!  I like that Phantom Stranger!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Cyber Burn

Finally got to check out the Batgirl in CTool2, she is fantastic! Did you mesh all the Bat Logos? I was really impressed with the Logo on the front of the cape.

SickAlice

Most of the logos where done by reshaping existing Batemblem 3d models, with the exception of the chest piece which was done by cutting and sculpting a female bald mesh in order to get the skin to line up properly. I think I could make a Bat symbol from scratch but it would be a little time consuming while still working on other stuff. Much of what's there is Ink. I didn't have to add much else since his original Batgirl was so spot on to start with.

SickAlice

Added Starling from Birds Of Prey.

Cyber Burn

Not familiar with the Character, but she turned out very well.

Starman

Im unfamiliar with Starling but she looks cool. I like the arm tattoo!  :thumbup:

SickAlice

Thanks. I got lucky with how well that fell together and with little complications. Same with Phantom Stranger.

Added Helspont.

SickAlice

Added New 52 Captain Cold.

Cyber Burn

Great job on Captain Cold. Is the vest just a vest, or is it the full trench coat with the lower part alpha'd out?

SickAlice

Just a vest. I mean it's a trench technically or originally but I remade the mesh itself. The other parts that were originally the trench are gone and it's reshaped now.

Cyber Burn

Nice, that could come in handy.

SickAlice

Added Death Of The Family Joker.

Cyber Burn

QuoteIf anyone is inclined I would love to see FX for this.

It may take a little while, but I will gladly add these to my list.

(Of course, I won't be offended if someone beats me to it as free time is a bit tight)

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

SickAlice

Thanks both. I'm working on Duela at the same time of course...soon. I suppose I'm lucky. Not to be sick, but the free time that comes with it. This is all working towards a job skill and for a portfolio though so I'd like to think I'm not screwing around. Travel in a week and a half again then back to building houses and uni. Still with winter comes much downtime so I hope to be no less productive.

Thanks if you do get it CB. Like I said the nail is hidden, checked off on the Editable_mesh itself. The nail cartridge is located inside the nail gun as well and doesn't appear to be visible. I only made and included it since the keyframes called for a clip and I was having fun with the completion end of things. Just a standard plastic cartridge with rows of little nails in it at any rate. All parts are assigned to the Joker_extras texture.