Kyle Rayner
6 (21.4%)
Simon Bazz
0 (0%)
Other
2 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 28

kkhohoho

Out with the red, in with the green. In the spirit of my other polls, this is for who's your favorite Green Lantern. All of the main human ones get their own slots, but I also know there are a TON of alien GL's, so if someone likes one of those better, they've got that option.

Personally, I'm not that familiar with GL, but I am familiar with JSA, so Alan Scott wins by default. Well, sort of. I'm also familiar with JLI, but as hilariously amusing as Guy Gardner is, Alan Scott's an actual decent human being, so I'll be going with him, thank you.
The Golden Age; 'A different look at a different era.'

http://archiveofourown.org/works/1089779/chapters/2193203

Podmark

Kyle. He was GL when I got into comics and he's always been the one I can connect to the most. Plus he's had some pretty cool designs.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Tomato

Quote from: Podmark on August 03, 2015, 10:17:14 PM
Kyle. He was GL when I got into comics and he's always been the one I can connect to the most. Plus he's had some pretty cool designs.

Pretty much this. I always liked the idea of giving a ring with the power to create anything you can imagine to an artist... Plus, like Wally, Kyle struggled with having to step into the shoes of a much larger hero. Where Hal was this cocky, arrogant jock, Kyle was a character who was always doubting himself and having to overcome his fears.

Outcast

I came to know Green Lantern as Hal Jordan. So for me, i thought he fit the role. From saturday cartoons to a few comics, he didn't seem that bad to me.

Least favorite, i think would be (the first guy? who tried to replace him with) Guy Gardner? He seemed quite the opposite to me and seemed arrogant and rough in some ways.

Kyle? I haven't really followed him when he came about. His look reminded me a bit of NightWing? So i had a hard time accepting the new look i guess.  :wacko:

bat1987

Hal is the lantern i read the most, the first lantern i came to know and is definitely the one that first comes to mind when i hear GL. I'm also a big John fan because of JL cartoon and I remember liking the idea of an artist turned lantern when I first read Kyle.

So all 3 have some aspects that i'm  fan of, but voted for Hal.

SickAlice

Salaak. One of my first comics ever was a run of old GLC I checked out from a library. There were mainstays from Earth in the series of course, mainly Hal but as a young child I was more drawn to the alien and monster characters like Salaak and Kilowog and such. Salaak stuck out on the pages of course and had this firm stitched together demeanor about and was played off if upstaged as the guy in charge of everybody of sorts. I've been in and out of the family of books coming back in during the recent hype era of course. These days it's so hard to say because the dynamic is so changed and is ever changing as the company itself frequently switches gears. Like most people I'm sure now I gravitate more towards members of the other spectrum's than the Greens. But for nostalgia's sake it goes back to Salaak.

BentonGrey

Quote from: bat1987 on August 19, 2015, 07:38:04 PM
Hal is the lantern i read the most, the first lantern i came to know and is definitely the one that first comes to mind when i hear GL. I'm also a big John fan because of JL cartoon and I remember liking the idea of an artist turned lantern when I first read Kyle.

That's pretty much exactly how I feel, Bat.  Hal's my favorite, and for me it's a pretty clear margin.  He's the one I like best, and I just love his setting and the dynamic between him and Carol in the old books.  Still, JLU made me love John Stewart.  He's a great character in his own right, at least in the show.  I understand the comic version was originally a far cry from that version.  Kyle interests me less than anyone who isn't Guy. ;)  Still, the idea of an artist Lantern is pretty cool.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

kkhohoho

Quote from: BentonGrey on August 20, 2015, 02:03:02 AM
Kyle interests me less than anyone who isn't Guy. ;)

Hey now, Guy ain't that bad. Sure, he's a misogynistic, right-wing a-hole, but he's an amusing misogynistic, right-wing a-hole, at least in JLI. He also cares deeply for Ice, which helps redeem him a bit.
The Golden Age; 'A different look at a different era.'

http://archiveofourown.org/works/1089779/chapters/2193203

SickAlice

I like current Guy. Classic Guy was hard to stomach but then again he was written then as a character that was supposed to rub the reader the wrong way.

daglob

BentonGrey

:D

I have a soft spot for him too.

Quote from: kkhohoho on August 20, 2015, 02:56:05 AM
Quote from: BentonGrey on August 20, 2015, 02:03:02 AM
Kyle interests me less than anyone who isn't Guy. ;)

Hey now, Guy ain't that bad. Sure, he's a misogynistic, right-wing a-hole, but he's an amusing misogynistic, right-wing a-hole, at least in JLI. He also cares deeply for Ice, which helps redeem him a bit.

Ha!  Kk, I suppose that is true, but I've found a little Guy goes a long way. ;)
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

HarryTrotter

^Thats mostly Guys 80's version,hes a bit better now.One punch!One punch!
[Points to Alan Scott because of JSA.]
''Even our origin stories have gone sour.''
Jon Farmer

daglob

Quote from: SickAlice on August 21, 2015, 05:46:24 AM
I like current Guy. Classic Guy was hard to stomach but then again he was written then as a character that was supposed to rub the reader the wrong way.

My favoreite Guy moment is in the Elcipso Saga, when Superman has been Eclipsed, and Guys is dismissed as a minor threat. So... Guy flies away and comes back with a big bucket of yellow sun and dumps it on Supes.

Lawthfar

Cyber Burn

I never really cared for Guy back in the day, and I don't know Simon at all. Alan would be my first choice because I'm such a JSA Geek, but when I think "Green Lantern", I think of the "Green Lantern Corps".

Quote from: bat1987 on August 19, 2015, 07:38:04 PM

I'm with you guys on this, and since Hal was the Green Lantern when I started reading, he got my vote.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Mogo, but it's sad because he doesn't socialize.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.