News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

New Year: X-men- No Lost Cause

Started by Previsionary, January 01, 2010, 01:22:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Previsionary

New Year, new mod. That's right, FRP2 did usher in the new year with a brand new mini-mod featuring two X-men. Whatchu gonna do about it, eh? I'm not going to reiterate the fine points; I'll just link you to the blog and let you have at it. No teases this time. :P

If you have any difficulties, issues, responses, or what have you... here's the space to let open your mind. Shirley (Goggles) will handle all issues.
Disappear when you least expe--

detourne_me

you're right.  it IS difficult!  haha
I really like the herofiles too.  did you give Angel healing though?  i think he should use it, as well as jumper for psylocke

GogglesPizanno

Quote from: Previsionary on January 01, 2010, 01:22:53 PM
If you have any difficulties, issues, responses, or what have you... here's the space to let open your mind. Shirley (Goggles) will handle all issues.

My advanced problem solving system and circular filing apparatus is ready....

Previsionary

Quote from: detourne_me on January 01, 2010, 09:48:22 PM
you're right.  it IS difficult!  haha
I really like the herofiles too.  did you give Angel healing though?  i think he should use it, as well as jumper for psylocke

Pfft, you think it's difficult? You didn't have to play-test it over 20 times and constantly tweak it. :P. Be happy I lowered it as much as I did and gave Psylocke an extra power boost with the "AUGMENT" command.

Herofiles: Since I was setting this in a very modern day time frame, I tried to stick close to what I actually remembered the characters doing in the past 4-5 months. Since I haven't seen any signs of Angel's regenerative factor outside of X-force (Archangel form), it kinda slipped my mind that he had it. Instead, I just made him harder to hit + there's like 2-3 HP canisters on the map.

As for Psylocke, ugh. I actually considered the choice between giving her jumper (or wall crawler at the least) and leaving her as a complete street brawler for awhile. The problem with her, however, is that she's been so un-ninja like since her return to the X-men (and Exiles) that it just wouldn't fit the time frame, me thinks. It's the same reason I neglected to give her flight as opposed to my Psylocke herofile in "Exiles: Aftermath." Be happy I decided to give her the ability to augment her speed/strength because she didn't have that until probably my last three playthroughs. Go thank Chris Yost for remembering she used to do it all the time in the 90s. ^_^

But yeah, I'll probably do a minor update and re-upload the file... one day... maybe.

cmdrkoenig67

Fun short mod, Prev...very nice.

Dana

AfghanAnt

laughing paradox

This was a fun mod. I liked the Psylocke skope, too. Way too many friggin' Hydra soldiers, though!

Previsionary

Thanks for the comments, guys. I really appreciate it.

Quote from: laughing paradox on January 06, 2010, 07:40:08 PM
This was a fun mod. I liked the Psylocke skope, too. Way too many friggin' Hydra soldiers, though!

Hey, it wouldn't be a challenge without Hydra attempting to overwhelm you like they try to do to the heroes in the comics, right? Actually, the original plan revolved around making use of the hellfire goons/cult members + hydra + ninjas (originally The Hand... but it didn't pan out), which would have effectively tied in all the characters involved backgrounds and histories within the mod. Unfortunately, a few things didn't come together as I would have liked and the coding process took more time than I anticipated. But still, considering I put it all together in 2-3 days, I think it came out well. ^_^.

BentonGrey

Hey Prev, this looks like fun!  Finally got to make a mod with Angel in it, hmm? 
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Previsionary

Quote from: BentonGrey on January 07, 2010, 05:19:38 PM
Hey Prev, this looks like fun!  Finally got to make a mod with Angel in it, hmm? 

Ha, don't be silly, Billy. Angel was used in at least 2 of my X-mods. :P. This is just the first time he's been a leading character rather than just a playable character (excluding the abandoned and unfinished X-war mod for FF1).

BentonGrey

That's true, I remember that he was in that awesome original X-Men mod of yours (probably my favorite of yours, by the way), but I just meant that I remembered you having talked about him a good deal in the month or two before Christmas.  I'm glad you got a chance to work with him. :D
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

BentonGrey

That was a lot of fun, Prev.  Great work!  I enjoyed playing with two characters who don't show up in mods very often.  Also, nice cliffhanger.  Dun dun DUN!
God Bless