News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Big Update

Started by grenadier, April 20, 2010, 06:33:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WyldFyre

Wonderful meshes as always Gren.  The Absorbing Man Pack has one issue though.  The Giant_FX contains your MAX file instead of a character.nif.

Again, thanks for all these great toys.
For Freedom!

FF Museum Website: http://ffmuseum.org/

grenadier

Shoot.  That wasn't my intention.  Oh well.  Anyway the file is fixed, and thanks everybody, I'm glad you like them.
Do I have more planned?  Absolutely.  My creative juices haven't run dry yet.  When is the next release?  Haven't decided yet, so stay tuned. 

Until Further Notice,  

No Requests will be be accepted.

laughing paradox

Gren! You skinned Tiberius, yeah? That came out so well. I love the Inhumans.. Gorgon is awesome.  Ares is great, too. The love you put in the Absorbing Man meshes is evident. I love how they came out.

I have a question.. not a request!.. I was wondering if you were contemplating Medusa? She seems to be the only major Inhuman left.

grenadier

QuoteI have a question.. not a request!.. I was wondering if you were contemplating Medusa? She seems to be the only major Inhuman left.

Yep, I have her mostly made.  Her hair is a pain.  I'm trying different ways of animating it and it's not making me happy.  Worse case scenario, I may have to keyframe it manually.  I would have released her by now if not for that.

I skinned a few others too.  Some good some not so good, but we're working on it.

Until Further Notice,  

deano_ue

superb as always gren, i never can guess what you're planning next

i'm still grateful you meshed one of my fav random guys years ago, which i really need to reskin, but it keeps getting pushed back so i can play with all the new stuff lol

Podmark

I have mentioned lately how happy I am that you returned? Great stuff here Gren, especially Ares and Maximus.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

AfghanAnt

Leir AND ARES! MY God man I love you.

grenadier

Hah! Thanks everyone.  Hey AA,  I was impressed with your skoped Ares and skin, so I had to think hard as to how to make him more bada$$.  I thought a minigun would do the trick.

As a sidenote - being my own worst critic, I wasn't happy with my first she-hulk.  So I remapped her and fixed some of her animations.  She's okay for now, so I uploaded her.   

Quotei'm still grateful you meshed one of my fav random guys years ago, which i really need to reskin, but it keeps getting pushed back so i can play with all the new stuff lol
Boy, do I know how you feel, as tedious as it is making them, it's fun playing them.
I still plan on redoing the silver samurai, along with standard armored samurais. I have been studying  how their armor is setup and it's pretty interesting enough for me to want to try and make low poly version of them for the game.

Until Further Notice,  

hoss20

A giant Absorbing Man? A Maximus the Mad? Boy, that Benton Grey fella has some influence.  :lol:
I really only know the core group of Inhumans, but I keep expanding my collection because your new meshes (Leonus, Timberius, etc.) look so cool.
Thanks for sharing and I'm glad you're feeling better.

grenadier

Quotethat Benton Grey fella has some influence

It's that aquatic telepathy he learned from aquaman.

Him and herodad seemed to be on the same track as my creative urges,

Until Further Notice,  

Xenolith

I'm just happy your interests track my own!  It makes your releases that much more enjoyable.  I like looking at what everyone on FR does, but I get a special thrill when you or another creator pops out an obscure character like Arsenal.  The Eternals and Deviants are some of my favorite characters because I'm a huge Kirby fan, so of course I'm thrilled to see them.

Thanks again, Gren!

BentonGrey

Haha, most powerful mind on the planet, yeah!  Gren, like most humanoids, is descended from sea-life.

Seriously though, Gren, you are amazing.  First, he's generous enough to create that AMAZING Maximus mesh, then I just asked this guy a question about one of his meshes, and BAM, brand new version shows up in my inbox.  I think I've chosen the right time to be working on my Marvel mod, as Gren is just creating an unbelievable amount of amazing stuff.  I'm constantly having to go back and change things out because Gren has created new versions of his already fantastic meshes or specific meshes for characters that have never had them.  It's just awesome!  This new set is fantastic.  I'm going to have to find some way to bring the Greek and Egyptian gods into my stories...ahh, too many great toys to play with.

This latest batch of awesome has also given me some new Inhumans that I haven't come across before, and just like Hoss, I can't resist trying them out.  I'm thinking that Gren's just expanded the scope of my Inhumans related FF missions...Y'all don't know how many times in my modding career I've wanted to tell a specific story or use a specific character, but had to do something different because the art assets just weren't there.  Now, all of a sudden all of these obscure Marvel characters that I wanted to use have their own meshes and skins.  It's so cool!  I STILL can't believe I've got a dedicated mesh for Korath the Pursuer.  Who'd have ever thought that'd happen?

Also, I feel you too TUE, I think my favorite part of modding is building the characters.  I could just goof around in the RR for days, but sadly the missions just won't write themselves.... :D

:EDIT: Ohhh my goodness....I just downloaded you new Swordsman, and I cannot BELIEVE how amazing his animations are!  They are beyond fantastic! :thumbup:
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

deano_ue

Quote from: grenadier on January 14, 2012, 12:12:48 AM

Quotei'm still grateful you meshed one of my fav random guys years ago, which i really need to reskin, but it keeps getting pushed back so i can play with all the new stuff lol
Boy, do I know how you feel, as tedious as it is making them, it's fun playing them.
I still plan on redoing the silver samurai, along with standard armored samurais. I have been studying  how their armor is setup and it's pretty interesting enough for me to want to try and make low poly version of them for the game.

now that i'm looking forward too. its not the modding i mean honestly i have no idea how to create guys in game, its the character choice. my to do skin list just gets bigger, guys i had an interest in but never thought i would do jump up the list, shoving re-dos like hordak down again

keep it up gren, guys like you and tomato keep me working lol

Xenolith

Karnak crashes my CTool.  Is anyone else having this problem? 

With each update to Vista I become less capable of running and enjoying  :ffvstr:.  I also can't load Iron Fist version I and Elektra.  I dont' know what is going on, but I have chalked it all up to Vista because I hate it.

spydermann93

Quote from: Xenolith on January 18, 2012, 10:54:17 PM
Karnak crashes my CTool.  Is anyone else having this problem? 

With each update to Vista I become less capable of running and enjoying  :ffvstr:.  I also can't load Iron Fist version I and Elektra.  I dont' know what is going on, but I have chalked it all up to Vista because I hate it.

Run them through the Conversion Tool and they should work fine :)

Xenolith

Not for me they don't..and I can't figure out why.

Figure Fan

What group/site are these new meshes on? I see a post from Grenadier from December 2011 that doesn't mention anything about Absorbing Man/Zeus/etc, then suddenly everyone is all excited about meshes on January 13, 2012..

I'm lost. Halp? :unsure:

spydermann93

Gren's new meshes can be found on the Champions website (http://ffcenter.net/champions/) or at the last few of his yahoo groups (14, 15, and 16, I think).

detourne_me

Fantastic work on the latest batch Grenadier!!!
Wendigo is just perfect, his power animation is astounding, i can't wait to have some battles with wolverine and hulk now.
The modeling on arcanna's jackets is so great too, her sleeves look amazing.
The only issue i have is with Pluto. for some reason i think his right thumb is connected to his hip. it kind of stretches out during animations. Regardless though, you did a great job skinning him,  his face is fantastic.

Previsionary

Oi, Gren! I needed an updated Pluto mesh sometime ago for... a project I wanted to do. Now you bring one out? You're doing this to torture me. :(
Disappear when you least expe--

grenadier

QuoteThe only issue i have is with Pluto. for some reason i think his right thumb is connected to his hip. it kind of stretches out during animations. Regardless though, you did a great job skinning him,  his face is fantastic

It's odd that it doesn't show in max, but nevertheless, I re-physiqued the hands and tested it for conversion.
It should be fine now, just dowload it again and run eznif to convert to  :ffvstr:.
Thank you for catching that.  Next update will most likely be next month.

Until Further Notice,  

Xenolith

wow.  you sure are a great skinner, gren.  I'm amazed by how quickly you've gotten to that point.

spydermann93

Fantastic work, Gren!

You are a grand master!

Podmark

Great stuff Gren, Wendigo is especially impressive!
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

cmdrkoenig67

OH MY DOG!...A new Wendigo?!...Must check him out!  I'm also digging your Pluto...Great work on all of them, actually, Gren!

Dana

laughing paradox

Thanks for all this fun stuff, Gren! I like how you just make me wanna skin.. them Squadron Supreme ladies are in my sight. I've never heard of Commando before, but that mesh/skin combo is pretty sweet.

Hey, quick question: What does the AS before the Wendigo mesh stand for?

grenadier

QuoteHey, quick question: What does the AS before the Wendigo mesh stand for?

It stands for Alpha Strike, I was reading up on Alpha Flight and the villainous team they were against was called Alpha Strike.
They consist of The Master of the World (Playtesting now), Vindicater II(done), Wendigo(done), Ranark the Ravager, Purple Woman, and Citadel.

Until Further Notice,  

laughing paradox

Ooooh, from the recent Alpha Flight mini-series! That makes sense.. thanks!

Outcast

Sweet new meshes Gren. I really like the new Wendigo. :)

Sioux City Dynamo

Great stuff Bren!  I have been having a lot of fun with your Olympian lords!  Love Pluto!  Are u planning others?  Also, huge fan of the squadron supreme!

Thanks for all u do!
Io