News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Animation question

Started by area34, December 29, 2009, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

area34

When combining animations from two different characters and like say Batman_TD and a Spiderman- objects that are only shown at certain points in animation show up constantly during the new swapped in animations. Is there a flag that has to be added to keep the object invisible or is there more coding that has to be done?

Tomato

Quote from: area34 on December 29, 2009, 05:18:47 AM
When combining animations from two different characters and like say Batman_TD and a Spiderman- objects that are only shown at certain points in animation show up constantly during the new swapped in animations. Is there a flag that has to be added to keep the object invisible or is there more coding that has to be done?

If you go into the keyframe file with nifskope, there are notations in the file (it's completely different for FF1 and FF2 keys) in each animation that denote where each node is controlled... to get everything to vanish you have to create both a node to say "scale batarang to .001" and then another one to tell the animation where that control node is... I've never done it successfully myself, but I'm not exactly the most experienced guy here in terms of skoping.

area34

I don't want you to think I'm not grateful for the help I'm still messing with my skope and if I get things to work correctly I'll let you know how...

White Knight

I've had some luck with this.  I don't have much useful information for you at the moment, because I'll be away from my computer for at least a week.  However,  if you have any questions while trying to work this out.  I may be able to help.  Please feel free to PM/Email me.

Johnny Patches

Kf's are very tricky i ask DM awhile back for a tip or too.. he has more info about KF's