Area34's Area - BEEP BEEP mandroid BEEP BEEP

Started by area34, January 14, 2010, 05:29:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

style

OK Area is officially the Lebron James of skinning! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
The Ultimate Fan!

area34

Sorry, I must have misread the readme. I did think the suit base looked different when I used it this time but figured it was because it was 1024 to begin with.

I went ahead and moved the UV's so everything is on a single TGA. I have a thing for making skopes as compressed as possible (which usually means I have to move the UV's again when I want to reuse the part on something else). Now all that has to be alpha'd between is tf_extras.tga and extras.tga.

I want to make a couple more tweeks (black fingernails, ect) and then I'll send it your way.

laughing paradox

That Two-Face skin is phenomenal.

But don't slack off on The Hand! ;)

Cardmaster

Hollllyyy crap. You've got some serious skills man! Just read through this whole thread, and it's amazing to watch your progress! You should be very proud of the stuff you're making now; can't wait to see what else you come out with! :D

-CM :cardmaster
Sah-WEEEEET!
www.ericstirpe.com

area34

Sigh, I blew my deadline. I blame the warm weather. My jet ski beckoned me more than the Hand. I'm uploading everything else right now. Of the new stuff that wasn't on my Yahoo groups -

My animated shield spinning avatar - three versions (my Black Lantern variant didn't get finished in time :banghead:).
The Gold Fang Gang (four different guys) with a new Staff FX.
A skin for my Doctor Brother Voodoo skope.
Kevin Matchstick -  Four versions of Wagners classic with six new bat related FX's also.
Luthor - three versions based off the animated series' (the boot jets fx's are still not fixed).
Omega - I moved him to Gren's new Vindicator mesh and while I was doing that I redid the whites on the skin(they always bugged me)
Professor X - New skope with two skins and is set up to be compatible with AA's New X-Men skin
Pyro - was reskoped to be able to be an all-in-one compatible with C6's or AA's skins.
Supersabre - was reskinned to use the newer base I'm been doing. Not a big changed but I prefer it.
The Escapist - Six versions (and one crowed group picture) with keys based off of Kenn's suggestions.
Two-Face - Animated series skin

Things are almost done but didn't make it in time -
The Hand - They are finished but I want to redo the face.
Power Pack - The girls skopes area still a problem that needs some professional help.
Mercy Graves - Fixing the skope
Holocaust - still need to finish the shoulders and I was going to animate the bubbles.
Hammer Agents - nearly done
Damian Wayne - I had to move him to a different mesh (body distorted weirdly with his keys) so I still need to adjust the skin to it.
Kick arse - just need to fix the face seams to line up (not a fan so not very motivated to finish)
David Kohl - Just need to finish his alt

murs47

I just checked out your avatar in CTool...what you did with the shield is spectacular! :thumbup:

Everyone should check that out.

area34

Mandroid

With this one, since I do my metal effects a certain way, I had to do a completely original base. I'm not sure if I should tone down the reflection though.

Xenolith

I posted in Gren's thread, but just so you know, I think that looks great!  It's really got a depth to the color that impresses the heck out of me.

USAgent

That is some of the best metal work I have ever seen on that Mandroid, fantastic work.  That 2 Face is just stunning!

laughing paradox

Area, that skin is really phenomenal so far. The base you created for it is really fantastic. I like how you did the layering of seams, with all the shadow to make it look 3d. Good touch.

murs47

John Jr.

The metal is just perfect! An impressive job!

area34

I went ahead and toned down the reflection some. In game he was just to shiny for a killing machine. There are three versions(just different faces and numbers) so you can set the troops to random and have a bit of variety.

murs47

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

John Jr.

The skins are great and it was a clever idea make more than one "face".

BentonGrey

Great work man!  I love the touch of having different numbers. :)
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

area34

BG- I got the idea for the numbers from the issue I used for reference.

I really like how they came out. It got me in the mood to a similar character. Which leads me to -

*Updated Below*

It's the Mark 1 (or 2 not sure). My Iron Man knowledge isn't that great (I was an X-men guy) so I'm going of the few pics I have. I'm not sure if the eyes/mouth are right. I out of habit did the lip around the eye but I'm not sure if it should just be recessed. I'm not sure if I should add some brushed metal texture on top of it. I try not to do the extra textures to much because A. I tend to like the clean look and B. I can't get it to look as good as Murs (just look at WS's arm). So input would be appreciated.

Xenolith

I wouldn't worry about the texture...he was just yellow in the comics.  Looks cool!

style

Its the Mark 2 Big A, the silver one was the Mark 1... And I have just one suggestion show Toney's eyes through the eye holes(I would even make this an alternate skin) ^_^ I've been waiting for someone to skin him and your doing a masterful job! :thumbup:
The Ultimate Fan!

John Jr.

It's great, Area!
And I agree with Style about the textures and about the version showing  Downey Jr.'s eyes

Shogunn2517

Hey, quick q.

I've tried to download a few of these and it keeps crashing FFvTTR.  Is there something I'm missing? 

area34

I haven't done anything with the face yet but I'll incorporate the eyes as a variant since there is interest. I had hoped to get him done today but I had to do a bunch of UV moving on the body and that slowed me down (every part was the same file in the same corner). I need to do the face, legs, and I still need to move the UV to the bolts on the gloves.

*Updated below*

I wasn't sure which chest to go with though. I've been using Joe Casey's Iron Man as my reference and that has a glowing white circle but in the old comics I thought it was just a his chest.

Shogunn- What ones are giving you a problem? The only skope I've ever done in my entire skoping career that has giving me a problem is Crimson and that is only a problem in CTool. If something is wrong it might just be the RAR.

style

Go with the glowing white circle chest piece. It makes since in light of the movie! :thumbup:
The Ultimate Fan!

Shogunn2517

Hey, thanks Area.

I've actually tried a few that did work fine(Blue Beetle II and Omega), but I tried a few others(Lex Luthor, Dr. Doom and Helfire Goons) that don't convert and/or crash FFX or EZnifconverter. 

Ideas?

laughing paradox

This new (old?) Iron Man is shaping up nicely.

Shogunn, I've had the same issues with the Hellfire goon.. try the skope without converting them.. or are they too dark?

Shogunn2517

That's the thing, I can't convert them.  If I try, it crashers the converter.  If I try to use them in game, it crashes the game.

Tomato

did you try the "Converting Skoped Meshes" tutorial I wrote for http://frworld.wikispaces.com/ ? It might solve your problems.

area34

I thought everything I did was already converted... hmmm the goon's skope was one of my first so I might have left them alone but I know they run in game so I don't think they need to be converted. If it's a problem I can reskope them in  :ffvstr: only format. They are just bobby69 Iron Men skoped onto different soldiers.