Main Menu

my skin base

Started by Skerdilajd Shehi, August 02, 2013, 04:20:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skerdilajd Shehi

now you can make you own skin enjoy it  <_< <_< <_< <_< version  :ff:  :ffvstr:

LINK: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/3DTHINGS/

Tomato

Ummm... it's not a kitbash this time? Really, it's just a weird mix of existing base skins cobbled together for no other reason then for you to say "hey look at me, I did a base skin"

If you look at base skins by practically every other skinner on the net, they personally painted each and every muscle onto the skin. About the only exception to this was the updated c6 base I released for the TM meshes, and I only did that because the original c6 base was horribly outdated and people were still using it despite the obvious flaws (and even then, I asked for permission from C6 first before I released it).

This just seems... I dunno. It's not a kitbash per se (all bases used seem to be base skins that have already been released), so it's perfectly fine to release it but... from a purely critical point of view, it just isn't very good.

AfghanAnt

Cyber Burn

Quote from: AfghanAnt on August 02, 2013, 10:56:10 PM
I am confused.

Sorry AA, let me see if I can help alleviate your confusion...Skerdilajd Shehi is demonstrating "Attention Seeking Behavior"...And I don't think he cares whether or not he gets positive or negative attention as long as he gets attention. That's currently the only explanation I can come up with, I hope this helps.

Tomato

Cyber, dude, no offense, but please tone down the level of snark in your post... it is a bit excessive.

As I said in my post, you really don't need to release a base skin. You seem to be stuck on this notion that every skinner HAS to make his own base to use... which frankly isn't true. Podmark didn't make his own base skin, he uses the modified C6 base that I released with the TM meshes, and there have been a slew of very talented skinners who have used the old c6 base (which is actually part of the reason he did not release the new one, because so many skinners imitated his work for such a long time.).

Now, I'm usually quite a vocal advocate for experienced skinners making their own base skin and developing their own style (I'm still nagging Podmark about that) but in your case, I would honestly take the time and make your own skins using a base skin FIRST, and then worry about making a base. Making a proper base is a very advanced skin technique, and it's a bit too much for someone just learning the craft.

Skerdilajd Shehi

Quote from: Tomato on August 03, 2013, 04:11:35 AM
Cyber, dude, no offense, but please tone down the level of snark in your post... it is a bit excessive.

As I said in my post, you really don't need to release a base skin. You seem to be stuck on this notion that every skinner HAS to make his own base to use... which frankly isn't true. Podmark didn't make his own base skin, he uses the modified C6 base that I released with the TM meshes, and there have been a slew of very talented skinners who have used the old c6 base (which is actually part of the reason he did not release the new one, because so many skinners imitated his work for such a long time.).

Now, I'm usually quite a vocal advocate for experienced skinners making their own base skin and developing their own style (I'm still nagging Podmark about that) but in your case, I would honestly take the time and make your own skins using a base skin FIRST, and then worry about making a base. Making a proper base is a very advanced skin technique, and it's a bit too much for someone just learning the craft.
thats true what tomato says i install podmark mesh with skins i saw all the skin base is similar like C6 Base just he fix the six pack to be biger