FRP Update - (9-3-2015) - Days of Present Ends

Started by Previsionary, February 19, 2009, 05:57:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Previsionary

More updates:

Disappear when you least expe--

TrajkLogik

Outstanding job on those Star Wars skopes, CmdrKoenig! Thanks for these!

Previsionary

If you were wondering why we had so many updates over the past few days, then you obviously don't know that FRP went public on February 15th and this is our way of celebrating... by giving you more toys to play with. A lot of hard work went into this update, and I really appreciate Cmdrkoenig, MikeB7, Chuckles, Benton, John Jr, Goggles (shirley), Ultimate Evil, and even Murs (really?) for contributing in the planning and/or the actual execution. Of course, not everything went to plan, but I'm pleased with the outcome. And yeah, we do STILL have more in store, so keep an eye out on that. Going into our second year with the new site, we just hope we can keep the updates pouring out as we did in year 1. Is it a long shot? Eh, we'll see. Meanwhile:

BentonGrey

Thanks for putting so much into FRP, Prev.  You've made it a great site and a great FF resource! :D  Also, PFX is just too awesome!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Sledgehammer

What an update! I'm not a fan of Star Wars, but those skopes by Dana are truly great.

Congrats on the anniversary!

Previsionary

My, my... I promise, guys, these updates will calm down soon. In comparison, March will be a nearly dead month for us, I bet! :P. We've a few more things coming up, but as of today:

OK, "The Road of Decadence" is a double perspective piece I did as a challenge from UE. If you'd be so inclined, please check it out and leave some type of feedback on either the story or UE's photo(s). Highlight On: Psylocke is a short comic review on a mini-series that just completed recently. The Ghosting Mesh Tutorial is a write up on how to use python win to fix your FF1 meshes as a response to so many people asking about it. Finally, spotlight on the Honor Brigade writer and fellow FR member, Zapow! Go and read, y'all!

Previsionary

Blkcasanova247

Wow...things are clickin' fast and furious over there at FRP. :thumbup:
I can't help it that I look so good baby! I'm just a love machine!

Kenn

Content looks good.  Too bad I can't use it.
My Amazing Woman - A Romantic Comedy of Super Heroic Proportions.

Also what Lightning Man and Kenn-X have been doing lately.

cmdrkoenig67

Quote from: Kenn on February 26, 2010, 03:14:16 AM

Why not, Kenn?  Are you using only  :ff: ?

Dana

Previsionary

Kenn

Quote from: cmdrkoenig67 on February 27, 2010, 06:20:10 AM

Why not, Kenn?  Are you using only  :ff: ?

Dana

Yup.  I don't even own a copy of FFvt3R.  In fact that's one of the major reasons why I disappeared from the community for so long.

knuckles knick

Quote from: Kenn on March 01, 2010, 02:21:06 AM

Yup.  I don't even own a copy of FFvt3R.  In fact that's one of the major reasons why I disappeared from the community for so long.

Wow, talk about missing out big time.  Thats kinda like someone quit listening to music when CDs were invented.

Kenn

Quote from: knuckles knick on March 01, 2010, 04:05:00 AM

Wow, talk about missing out big time.  Thats kinda like someone quit listening to music when CDs were invented.

No.  It's more akin to continue to listening to music on my record player (the thing old farts like me use to play our LPs and 45s on) even after music started coming out on cassette tape.   When music is released on LP or LP and cassette, I still get the music and listen to it.  But if it comes out on tape, I'm out of luck. 

And then, when 90% of the recording houses stopped making record albums, I stopped listening to the radio, so I didn't know what I was missing.   

But my existing records still play.   And making my own has become easier.  But...

(Keep in mind in this comparison that copying a record to tape is easy, where making an analogue record disc of a cassette tape is difficult).

Tawodi Osdi

I know longer have any records.  I have a lot of rare stuff on cassette in my dad's basement.  I wonder if it is possible to record in a digital format.

Kenn

Let's let this thread get back on topic, please. 

I didn't intend for a threadjacking, and I apologise for it starting to occur.

cmdrkoenig67

Content looks good.  Too bad I can't use it.

Why not, Kenn?  Are you using only  :ff: ?

Dana

Yup.  I don't even own a copy of FFvt3R.  In fact that's one of the major reasons why I disappeared from the community for so long.

I'm afraid creating  :ffvstr: content is my only option, Kenn...I haven't been able to get  :ff: (or it's content-creating tools) to work properly on Vista.

Dana

On that note:  I have more mesh Skopes and a few maps on the way.

BentonGrey

Quote from: cmdrkoenig67 on March 01, 2010, 05:45:19 PM
Content looks good.  Too bad I can't use it.

Why not, Kenn?  Are you using only  :ff: ?

Dana

Yup.  I don't even own a copy of FFvt3R.  In fact that's one of the major reasons why I disappeared from the community for so long.

I'm afraid creating  :ffvstr: content is my only option, Kenn...I haven't been able to get  :ff: (or it's content-creating tools) to work properly on Vista.

Dana

On that note:  I have more mesh Skopes and a few maps on the way.

Ohh!  Maps!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Previsionary

Today on FRP2, we bring you an update to Afghan Ant's wonderful psylocke skope done by Detourne_Me for the X-men: No Lost Cause mod. Go check it out if you haven't got it already.

deano_ue

AfghanAnt

Previsionary

New Highlight by Gogglespizanno! Go show some love and check it out.

Thanks to Goggles for contributing. If anyone else wants to highlight their favorite characters, teams, creative forces, etc., give me/us a ring.

Previsionary

Double Post:

I got in touch with Akyron yesterday and he's graciously allowing FRP2 to re-host his Morituri skins. Unfortunately, I could only collect 9 of the 11 he made, but it's better than nothing, right? I packed all the skins into a single zip, and it also comes with some herofiles (FF1) for your convenience. Enjoy!

Blitzgott

Prev, it's cool (awesome, even) that you'd release a patch for your Crisis mod. However, you didn't address the issue about most character templates missing a value in weight. They all still weight 0 lbs. If you could fix that, that'd be great.

Previsionary

Yes, I'm aware that I skipped that because I didn't want to go through FFedit inputting numbers. After you've messed with ffedit putting together an fx pack, you just really don't want to dabble around with that tool much at all. I now see why Alex stopped updating his pack. :P

Previsionary

Double post!

This week on FRP2 is a particularly big one:

Enjoy all the moddage.

Previsionary

Chuckles makes a contribution to the Highlight pile by writing a feature on The Micronauts. Go, read, comment, enjoy.

Previsionary

Today on FRP2:

Sample below:

Spoiler

Quote from:  Ultimate Trio #2
PAGE 1

RECAP

Previously:

Johnny Storm, aka the Human Torch, is a bit in the dumps after the events of Civil War put his family through the wringer. When The Thing suggests he take some time out for himself, Johnny reluctantly accepts the offer and heads into the city. Of course, no hero can get the day off when they really deserve it. Not even Iceman, aka Bobby Drake, who finds himself teaming up with his old Fan4 buddy to battle off rampaging robots.

Meanwhile, Spider-man, aka Peter Parker, is out patrolling and protecting the city from crime. Well, that was the original plan. When whack job for hire, aka Deadpool, runs by chasing mechanical dinosaurs, Spidey decides to help out. Unfortunately, both "heroes" bite off more than they can chew, which results in Spidey being captured and Deadpool being knocked around the city. And the perpetrator behind this whole plot... Mindy, aka Console, a mysterious little girl who seems to have a lot up her eerie sleeves.

PAGE 2

1) Int. Murderworld - monitor room

Big panel. Open to a small, pale girl (MINDY) with 2 red pigtails dangling from the sides of her head. In front of her is her boss, her inspiration, ARCADE, hidden in his chair watching a monitor showing LIVE FEEDS of his captives. MISS LOCKE is behind Arcade looking over his shoulder and MR. CHAMBERS if off to the side, keeping to himself.

MINDY
WE?VE CONTAINED THEM ALL, SIR. EV?RYTHING?S GOING TO PLAN... >TEE-HEE<

ARCADE
AND WHAT OF THAT BLITHERING FOOL OF SCAR TISSUE?

MINDY
A GOOD PUNCH TO THE HEAD SENT THAT BUFFOON FLYIN? LIKE A BALLOON OV?R WATER!

ARCADE
GOOD! CAN YOU IMAGINE THE HORROR HE?D UNLEASH ON THIS LOONY BIN? IT?S UNFATHOMABLE! UNIMAGINABLE! UNTAMEABLE! EH--?

2) Arcade places his right hand under his chin, considering what could have been. A crazed smile stretches across his face as Mindy continues to admire him to the annoyance of Miss Locke.

ARCADE
AN ABSOLUTE LOSS OF POTENTIAL CHAOS!

3) Arcade smacks Mindy with a rolled up newspaper or alternatively tosses something at her head.

ARCADE
(burst)
YOU IDIOT!

4) Small [INSET] panel. Arcade returns to his content form, allowing himself a moment of respite.

ARCADE
(link)
BUT I GUESS THERE?S ONLY ROOM FOR ONE MANIAC IN THIS ?WORLD?!
(burst)
HAHAHAHA

PAGE 3

1) Int. Murderworld - dark, carnival-esque room.
SPIDER-MAN is tied to a platform that resembles a carousel. No horses or carriages on this ride, Spidey is tied to a thin pole in the middle of the stage.

CAPTION
?LOCKE! CHAMBERS! MINDY LOO! GATHER ?ROUND AND BRING THE SNACKS! IT?S TIME FOR MURDERWORLD TV! HOOOOHAH!?

SPIDER-MAN CAPTION

KNOW WHAT'S FUNNY? WAKING UP IN A STRANGE ROOM WITH NO MEMORIES OF HOW YOU GOT THERE. RAGING HEADACHE... DIZZINESS... YOU?D THINK I WAS DRUNK.

2) Peter?s POV -- The room is spinning and nothing is clear. He?s dizzy and everything?s a giant blur of muted colors. If he were a little more conscious, the whole floor would be covered with vomit.

SPIDER-MAN CAPTION
AND THEN IT COMES BACK TO ME IN A SWIRL OF DISJOINTED MEMORIES. THE LITTLE GIRL BEATING ME... DEADPOOL. NOT ONE OF MY PROUDER MOMENTS.

SPIDER-MAN
(whisper)
WHU?
(bigger)
--WHUT?!

3) Pull out to reveal a spinning Spider-man surrounded by THREE of his deadliest foes (GREEN GOBLIN, MYSTERIO, and SCORPION) with their respective weapons and means of attack at the ready at different angles/sides of the room. To make it completely overkill, ray guns (2) are in the room.

SPIDER-MAN CAPTION
OK... THIS WON?T BE GOOD. NOT GOOD AT ALL.

SPIDER-MAN
(burst)
AGHHHHH!

Previsionary

Today on FRP2:

Go read!

Kenn