News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

A different type of skinning

Started by Kommando, April 14, 2024, 05:40:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kommando

I made a new texture for the mantle, so I can reshape if I want. I have to look at some of my AI art and see how they are shaped and maybe I can find something that looks nice.

Randomdays

Did a few small adjusts and uploaded it to the requests directory if you want it. You can cut and paste with nifskope as needed.

1) Smoothed out the ponytails

2) Added the rings for the ponytails. They have their own texture.

3) Raised the hem on the cape.

John Jr.

Amazing work, Kommando.
It's an all new look for FF characters.

Kommando

Quote from: docdelorean88 on May 05, 2024, 04:16:46 AMBelt looks great!

Unrelated, id be very curious to see one of the Freedom Forcers done in your style! This is truly gorgeous work

Thanks, I may try one of them at some point.

Kommando

Quote from: Randomdays on May 05, 2024, 05:50:50 AMNot liking the mantle too much, but I realize its a work in progress

Yeah, it's not very good. I have the following image as my desktop and it gave me an idea of how to fix it. I would need to paint part of the cape right onto Blue's shoulders. I have some work to do.

Kommando

Quote from: Randomdays on May 05, 2024, 05:10:54 PMDid a few small adjusts and uploaded it to the requests directory if you want it. You can cut and paste with nifskope as needed.

1) Smoothed out the ponytails

2) Added the rings for the ponytails. They have their own texture.

3) Raised the hem on the cape.

Ah, I see how you changed the shape. I didn't mind them looking poofy. I still have to fix the texture on it. But I have a lot to do especially since I need to rethink the mantle and shoulder bits.

Kommando

Quote from: John Jr. on May 05, 2024, 06:42:43 PMAmazing work, Kommando.
It's an all new look for FF characters.

Thanks. I like your work. I once made a George Reeves Superman skin back in the day. I might try again if I can find a Superman mesh that plays nice with Stableprojectorz. Though I might try even if it doesn't.

Kommando

I added a cape piece to the mantle. This could look nice if I better define the cape and mantle's edges and make the clasps more prominent. I made the cape more blue to match the rest of her costume, and I will try and blend where the cape meets the texture on the body so it looks like the cape is connected to something.

Randomdays

Nice. Are you going to bring the mantle down or the costume up so that there's no gap? And are you going to add the glowing emblem shown in the pic above?

Kommando

Quote from: Randomdays on May 07, 2024, 06:41:10 AMNice. Are you going to bring the mantle down or the costume up so that there's no gap? And are you going to add the glowing emblem shown in the pic above?

The thing on her chest is caused by models trying to make either a Batman or Superman symbol whenever the word Superhero is used. So eventually I would like to make a Lora which doesn't have it at all. The gap might be reshaped, but it's staying. I posted the following images before, but Imgur is convenient.

Kommando

I have over 400 images of her here and quite a few are in her costume. I'd link to My CivitAI account, but it's harder to avoid NSFW content there, even though all MY images are PG or PG-13.

Kommando

Every single edit on this image from the last set was done by hand, even though the textures themselves are AI-generated. I am developing a long-term relationship with airbrush.

Kommando

Randomdays, would you be able to lower this mesh piece so that the top is sunk into her head? I think it would look a lot nicer that way as well as blend better.

Randomdays

Shouldn't be a problem. I'm travelling on vacation for a week or so. I can look at it when I get home

Randomdays

If you just want the bangs I can delete the vertexes that make up the top completely

Kommando

I think just lowering it a tad would do the job nicely. Thanks. I have other stuff I can work on so no rush on the NIF, I appreciate it.

Randomdays

Have you tried lowering it in nifskope? If you select it and right click to bring up the pop-up menu, you can adjust x/y/z location and rotation, and resize it as needed

Kommando

Quote from: Randomdays on May 09, 2024, 12:13:39 PMHave you tried lowering it in nifskope? If you select it and right click to bring up the pop-up menu, you can adjust x/y/z location and rotation, and resize it as needed

Thanks for the tip! We're back in business!

Kommando

I'm making the textures at 2048x2048 so I decided to try the base skin and skirt at 1024x1024 instead of 512x512 since the latter looks terrible. Hopefully, this isn't a problem and no one is trying to run the game on a 2003 Toshiba Satellite.

Randomdays

Looking better and better.

I noticed in most of the reference pics, she looks a bit younger, her face rounder. I can try to adjust the version you're using now to broaden her head in the x axis only, or body swap everything onto a younger mesh.

I had done this a few pages back on my thread where moving an adult skin unchanged onto a younger mesh totally changed it look. Conan, Triton, Tarzan and Turok became much younger versions of themselves just due to mesh shape.

Kommando

No messing with her head! Um... so what happened was I discovered that Paint Shop Pro has a tool to smooth skin surfaces, and it worked quite nicely. However, that may not matter as I have another enhanced image to use.

I did this one for fun, and while the costume is messed up a bit, the skin, hair, and eyes turned out great mostly. The back of the legs and the back aren't so good, but the front and shoulders are nice. The right arm has some errors, but the left arm is near perfect. So I may use some of this to upgrade Blue, which I haven't done yet because it's a big job, and then she won't look so young any more. Alternately, I might use just the eyes, and revert her face from the texture it had before smoothing.

Kommando