Arrow (Green Arrow) TV series

Started by Midnite, March 20, 2012, 05:32:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HarryTrotter

Marc Gugenheim said he wanted Hal Jordan to appear this season,but DC thought it would clash with the upcoming (2020) movie.Maybe they reached an understanding?
''Even our origin stories have gone sour.''
Jon Farmer

HarryTrotter

Somehow the show is decaying more and more with every episode.IDK how thats even possible any more.
Jon Farmer

catwhowalksbyhimself

Which is funny, because I think it's been very good this season and gotten better with each episode.  The characters have stopped shooting themselves in the foot by lying to each other for no reason other than DRAMA! and the villain is genuinely interesting.  This episode was more or less pausing to set up Legends, but it was still good, had the character resolve their differences like actual reasoning adults and sets up things to move forward.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

Tomato

Quote from: catwhowalksbyhimself on October 23, 2015, 10:09:09 PM
Which is funny, because I think it's been very good this season and gotten better with each episode.  The characters have stopped shooting themselves in the foot by lying to each other for no reason other than DRAMA! and the villain is genuinely interesting.  This episode was more or less pausing to set up Legends, but it was still good, had the character resolve their differences like actual reasoning adults and sets up things to move forward.

BWPS

Quote from: Tomato on October 23, 2015, 10:29:21 PM
I apologize in advance for everything I say on here. I regret it immediately after clicking post.

murs47

Quote from: BWPS on October 23, 2015, 10:39:13 PM
Quote from: Tomato on October 23, 2015, 10:29:21 PM

Tomato

Blah, sorry, was posting from my phone... what I meant was that I completely agree with Cat on this. I felt like the show was becoming stale, ESPECIALLY last season with all the soap opera level drama. This year's been a bit predictable maybe, but having him back on the island is good and I like the direction they're going.

I will say though, way to hit us over the head with the identity of the new scientist dude.

Shogunn2517

Agree with the above.  They said they were toning down the drama and angst from last season and putting the characters back to who they were.

My biggest complaint about this episode was from the previous one, Oliver drops a bombshell that he's running for Mayor at the end of the episode... and then they fail to even mention it for the whole hour?  Was it a joke or something?

HarryTrotter

And the angst,generic villains, Thea becoming a vampire(sort of),slow pacing and Laurel.
Jon Farmer

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quote from: Spade on October 24, 2015, 05:24:20 AM
And the angst,generic villains, Thea becoming a vampire(sort of),slow pacing and Laurel.

Angst?   They are actually systematically tearing most of the angst down.  Generic villains? Some of the villains of the week perhaps, but Damien Darhk is anything but generic, and he's the real focus of the show.

Vampire?  She's got killing rage--something the Lazarus Pit has always imparted to those who use it.  It's a slightly different twist on it, but it isn't vampirism.

I also forgot to mention the writers actually remembering that Felicity is more than just the girl and restoring her to the lovable geek who lets nothing go past her that she used to be while giving her a geeky sidekick of her own.  I missed the old Felicity and never ever realized it.

Yeah, it seems odd that the running for mayor thing was never even mentioned, but it would have been hard to fit it in there.

Shogunn2517

True.

And Double Down isn't some generic villain either.

HarryTrotter

Quote from: catwhowalksbyhimself on October 24, 2015, 02:54:22 PM
Quote from: Spade on October 24, 2015, 05:24:20 AM

Angst?   They are actually systematically tearing most of the angst down.  Generic villains? Some of the villains of the week perhaps, but Damien Darhk is anything but generic, and he's the real focus of the show.

Vampire?  She's got killing rage--something the Lazarus Pit has always imparted to those who use it.  It's a slightly different twist on it, but it isn't vampirism.

I also forgot to mention the writers actually remembering that Felicity is more than just the girl and restoring her to the lovable geek who lets nothing go past her that she used to be while giving her a geeky sidekick of her own.  I missed the old Felicity and never ever realized it.

Yeah, it seems odd that the running for mayor thing was never even mentioned, but it would have been hard to fit it in there.

I was kidding about the vampire thing,obviously. :doh:
Now you have to admit Damien shares a few similarities with the previous Big Bads?
We barely see Double Down so its almost hard to judge there.
Jon Farmer

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quote from: Spade on October 24, 2015, 04:37:59 PM
Now you have to admit Damien shares a few similarities with the previous Big Bads?

Not really.  He's a mastermind type--and that's about it.  He has a very interesting personally, is the first outright confirmed magical character, and is threatening in a very different way than any of the others.  Maybe he's a similar generic type, but it's the only villain type that really makes sense for this show, for the most part.  He's certainly not generic.

Sorry, bud, but I fear you may be completely alone on this.

Silver Shocker

To quote Tyrion Lannister "Guess again."

I haven't been that impressed with Damien Darhk so far. He's alright, and his magic powers do make him a legit threat, but I haven't found him all that interesting or entertaining as yet. I definitely liked the other long time villains such as Slade Wilson and Malcolm Merlin more so far.

Not sure if I'd say the season's getting better with each episode, but I am liking it so far. I think Thea makes a good superhero, better than Laurel.
"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quote from: Silver Shocker on October 27, 2015, 12:42:11 AM

I haven't been that impressed with Damien Darhk so far. He's alright, and his magic powers do make him a legit threat, but I haven't found him all that interesting or entertaining as yet. I definitely liked the other long time villains such as Slade Wilson and Malcolm Merlin more so far.

Not sure if I'd say the season's getting better with each episode, but I am liking it so far. I think Thea makes a good superhero, better than Laurel.

I was of course referring to his overall opinion that this season is terrible and nothing it does is right not exclusively to the villain.

Silver Shocker

:rolleyes: I think you guys get way too bent out of shape about Spade's opinion. He's entitled to his just like anyone and I personally haven't had any issue with anything he's said in any thread that I can recall.  I have some unpopular tv/movie/comic opinions of my own but I suppose I should just keep those to myself. 
"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa

Shogunn2517

Totally agree with that last part.  She still sticks out like a sore thumb.  Caity Lotz seemed to fit a lot better (and look a lot better too).

HarryTrotter

@Cat I didnt say EVERYTHING is terrible.There are some good moments,but there are are a lot more not-so-good ones.And the pacing is Netflix-slow.
Jon Farmer

Silver Shocker

Quote from: Shogunn2517 on October 27, 2015, 02:23:07 AM
I think Thea makes a good superhero, better than Laurel.

Totally agree with that last part.  She still sticks out like a sore thumb.  Caity Lotz seemed to fit a lot better (and look a lot better too).
As much as I love the show, I've always felt like the show's struggled with finding stuff for Laurel and Thea to do from season to season. Hence why we had drunk angsty Laurel in season 2, and angsty teenager Thea the same year. They started to give them better material with season 3 but Laurel's been stuck arguing with her dad (which she was doing in season 2 as well) and trying to fill Sara's shoes. Oddly enough, Thea's currently filling Roy's shoes, but for whatever reason (probably better writing and acting) I don't have a problem with that. And I say that, having really liked the developments with Roy, I'm just enjoying Thea's developments in his place.

It is a little crazy though that half the cast is running around in a costume now. Diggle's is the most ridiculousness though.
~Rocky Balboa

HarryTrotter

Quote from: Silver Shocker on October 27, 2015, 07:17:14 AM

As much as I love the show, I've always felt like the show's struggled with finding stuff for Laurel and Thea to do from season to season. Hence why we had drunk angsty Laurel in season 2, and angsty teenager Thea the same year. They started to give them better material with season 3 but Laurel's been stuck arguing with her dad (which she was doing in season 2 as well) and trying to fill Sara's shoes. Oddly enough, Thea's currently filling Roy's shoes, but for whatever reason (probably better writing and acting) I don't have a problem with that. And I say that, having really liked the developments with Roy, I'm just enjoying Thea's developments in his place.

It is a little crazy though that half the cast is running around in a costume now. Diggle's is the most ridiculousness though.

Diggle is supposed to be Guardian,but I guess they thought the shield would be too much.
Jon Farmer

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quote from: Silver Shocker on October 27, 2015, 01:37:48 AM
:rolleyes: I think you guys get way too bent out of shape about Spade's opinion. He's entitled to his just like anyone and I personally haven't had any issue with anything he's said in any thread that I can recall.  I have some unpopular tv/movie/comic opinions of my own but I suppose I should just keep those to myself.

Sure, keep them to yourself if the idea of other people actually not agreeing with you and stating their own opinions bothers you.  I have no problems with Shade having his own opinion.  I also have no problem with arguing against it when I think its just plain wrong.  I am the type who enjoys a good argument as long as it doesn't get hostile.

HarryTrotter

Dont think thats worth the argument.Its just a tv show.So if you want to argue your gonna have to find somebody else.
Jon Farmer

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quote from: Spade on October 27, 2015, 09:08:33 AM
Dont think thats worth the argument.Its just a tv show.So if you want to argue your gonna have to find somebody else.

I want to discuss.  That involved arguing if the two opinions being discussed happen to be opposites or incompatible.  That's generally how it works.

HarryTrotter

Liking something is a subjective matter.You cant prove that somebody should like something or hate something.They like it or not,and it has little to do with you.
Jon Farmer

Tomato

Hrm... I think everyone's starting to get bent out of shape for nothing. Spade, shocker, cat's right... To a point. The whole point of these discussion boards is to discuss. Saying he shouldn't discuss a topic and argue his point is no different than saying spade is wrong to argue his. However, I do think we may have over-done it a bit.

That being said, I understand both points of view: on the one hand, I like that we've toned down the soap opera junk and the only character I don't care for is Laurel, but I think most of us feel that way. On the other... I get spades point about Damian. To be fair, I think it is a bit early to judge right now, since we're only a couple episodes in and I don't think we even saw the other baddies by this point in their respective seasons (maybe Malcolm, but Slade was only in flashbacks). The actor has a good charisma though, and I like that he's more hands on... For all the effort put into making Ra's mysterious last season, he didn't actually do very much.

Shogunn2517

Quote from: Silver Shocker on October 27, 2015, 07:17:14 AM

Yep.  You and I are on the same sheet of music.  Though if Spade's theory was right(re: Guardian) I'd unlike it less.  Either way, I can't see him making it through an entire season without explanation.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quote from: Spade on October 27, 2015, 09:30:57 AM
Liking something is a subjective matter.You cant prove that somebody should like something or hate something.They like it or not,and it has little to do with you.

True, I was a bit strong there and I apologize.

HarryTrotter

Neal Adams is the Green Arrow!  ;) That was cute.
Btw,your not much of a genius if you cant figure out Arrows identity at this point.
Next is the Constantine episode.  :thumbup:
Jon Farmer

JeyNyce

All I'm going to say is....

BRING BACK CONSTANTINE!!
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

Podmark

Really enjoyed Constantine's return. They even brought back the music :D
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page