Marvel's Most Wanted

Started by catwhowalksbyhimself, August 21, 2015, 02:40:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

catwhowalksbyhimself

It hasn't gone to series yet, but the pilot for the rumored Mockingbird show is being made it seems.

http://screenrant.com/marvels-most-wanted-tv-show-abc-adrianne-palicki-nick-blood-mockingbird/
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

Talavar

Interesting.  I like the woman playing Bobbi, but don't really want her to leave Agents of Shield. 

JeyNyce

I think Marvel may be going too far.  While I also like Adrianne Palicki, I don't think she can hold a show by herself, just like Clark Gregg couldn't hold Agents of SHIELD by himself.  What make these shows great is a team effort and the fact that the show isn't focus on just one character.
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

BentonGrey

Yeah, I think she's better off with SHIELD.  I like her, and I suppose I might watch a show with both her and Hunter, but it seems sort of silly to split their focus further.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

SickAlice

Is the SHIELD series worth it? I only saw a few episodes due to time constraints and it being on an oddball channel and time for me here, I think the last one introduced Gravitron or something. I liked the charm of the characters but the plots weren't doing a lot for me. But that's from the perspective of only a handful of early episodes and I've been wondering if I should buy a DVD or nay? Thanks to anyone who gives input.

BentonGrey

Good heavens, SA!  Yeah, you've missed the best stuff.  The second season is about a thousand times better than the first.  The writing is MUCH better, they introduce a better cast of characters, and they are constantly throwing curveballs.  It's definitely worth watching, and in the second half of this season my wife and I would constantly turn to each other and say something along the lines of 'wow this show has improved!'   :D
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Tomato

Quote from: SickAlice on August 21, 2015, 10:22:32 PM
Is the SHIELD series worth it? I only saw a few episodes due to time constraints and it being on an oddball channel and time for me here, I think the last one introduced Gravitron or something. I liked the charm of the characters but the plots weren't doing a lot for me. But that's from the perspective of only a handful of early episodes and I've been wondering if I should buy a DVD or nay? Thanks to anyone who gives input.

It is, but just be prepared for a slog right at first. The first half of season 1 was mediocre at best (I was actually planning on dropping it after the season finished) but around the middle/end of the season things really improved.

Personally, I wouldn't buy the DVD. It isn't worth DVD money, especially since the meat of it isn't until the very end. My advice, if you have the option, is to get Netflix... season 1 is up already, and you can also get Daredevil at the same time. I would save the DVD buying for season 2.

SickAlice

Thanks both of you. That jives with the feeling I was getting around the web about it. Unfortunately I don't have Netflix anymore, I got out before it started becoming Superhero TV and got into a high Dish billing plan which is why I have to weigh out my budget on these things. And I know I'm out of the loop, lol. I'm very behind on most movies and television. Worse with video games. I could probably change that but I spend much time either creating things or reading and I'm not sure I want to give those things up. Also I'd have to retire, basically winter is the time for me to catch up on cinema. But being this one is related to the MCU stuff and I like that it's stayed high on my list for awhile. I think if the price is right I could drop dime and yawn through a mediocre disk for a bigger pay-off later. In fact that's usually the going rate with most mainstream comic runs when you think about it. Plus I just adore Clark Gregg's act, could watch hours of him playing the role but then again who couldn't. I'll probably give it a around Thanksgiving.

Shogunn2517

http://screencrush.com/marvel-most-wanted-mockingbird-spinoff-confirmed/

Bit of an update.  Guess this is an official confirmation from ABC.  No date, but since they have a script and ready to film I would imagine a fall premiere, probably along side AOS.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quote from: Shogunn2517 on January 10, 2016, 08:57:21 PM
http://screencrush.com/marvel-most-wanted-mockingbird-spinoff-confirmed/

Bit of an update.  Guess this is an official confirmation from ABC.  No date, but since they have a script and ready to film I would imagine a fall premiere, probably along side AOS.

That's just a pilot at this point.  I don't believe it's been approved for series yet.

There's probably 5 pilots ordered for every series that actually goes to air, so this doesn't necessarily mean very much.  In fact, spinoffs usually go straight to order with maybe a backdoor pilot, so the fact that they are still ordering a separate pilot is pretty much a bad sign.  They don't have enough confidence in the premise and characters to order it straight up.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.