News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

weird issue

Started by hmarrs, June 11, 2012, 11:21:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hmarrs

Lately when I been opening a character in Blender modify things on a mesh then open it again in ctool the character is stiff without keyframe movement.
Why???
Even when I don't do anthing to the mesh but export it into a nif from blender and open it in ctool again the character is stiff without movement can someoone tell me why?????

GogglesPizanno

In my experience you have to make sure when exporting that A) You haven't done anything to the skeleton or biped object and B) You select ALL objects not just the character mesh when exporting. Even then sometimes if you breathe on it wrong, the connection to the skeleton/biped object can become broken.

You also may need to play with the export options as some settings (used for games like Morrowind and Oblivion) can break in the FF engine. Its been a while so I couldn't tell you which ones as it was a lot of trial and error I think I just minimized mine to the most bare minimum options I could.

hmarrs

That's just it in one senerio I opened it then saved it without touching it and still when I opened it in ctool it's just there like in pose mode.