Requesting body type Requests (O.-)

Started by Tomato, November 03, 2009, 06:44:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomato

going through and doing a few body types for an NPI update (preferably one that'll occur TODAY, but that is entirely dependent on getting my html stuff working *gives program disgusted look*) and I remember something HQ said to me at one point about how he didn't like using fingered meshes because he'd prefer all his meshes to be consistent, and non-fingered meshes are in greater supply. The way I see it though, with the invention of nifskope, the only real limitation is different body-types (well, faces too, but one thing at a time >P) so I just wanted to know if anyone had any suggestions for Body types that I can look in to (we'll go with both male AND female... I'm focusing on male right now, but I'll write down ideas for female as well.

detourne_me

A super skinny body type would be great.  one that could be used for DC's Ragdoll, Some anime characters, or Jack Skellington.
umm, an amanda waller body type would be cool too.

deano_ue

if you can get a hold of some how to draw books they should have a good range of body shapes

freedomgod55

Yes the Amanda Waller body type would be great.  :D  :thumbup:

herodad1

your colossus could be a body type without the extras.( really_tall_muscular). (short_stocky). (male_basic_heavilybuilt). your insperation could be certain characters that would fall into those body types like for example  colossus,wolverine or jsa atom, the thing, luke cage, ect.i know youve got the imagination for the job mater!

AfghanAnt

Tall, thick but muscular male type like this one:

;)

Blkcasanova247

Yes..I'll be the one to put it out there....female mesh with large breasts,taller, and a little muscular (Powergirl..Wonder Woman...Starfire..Frank Cho it up a little :P) and "t-shirt" versions of all your forth coming female meshes.
I can't help it that I look so good baby! I'm just a love machine!

Tomato

deano_ue

herodad1

yeah,now your on fire!how about a big thick mesh without the muscular look.kinda like the blob or the thing.

Tomato

Quote from: herodad1 on November 03, 2009, 10:53:14 PM
yeah,now your on fire!how about a big thick mesh without the muscular look.kinda like the blob or the thing.

*points to the right* Only thing muscular there is the base skin.

doctorchallenger

Robots with pipe/tube like limbes a la MAgnus robot fighter.  Boxy heads, torsos and pelvises can be skoped on.

http://www.comics.pop-cult.com/H-R/images/Magnus-Robot-Fighter.jpg

UnkoMan

I will be glad when you start on female. Not nearly enough female meshes. Lots of different male ones, though.
Are you going to do a dwarf mesh? Or how about any giant meshes? (Or even better, isn't there a way to make the keyframes make regular sizes into giants?)

Tomato

Quote from: UnkoMan on November 04, 2009, 01:54:09 AM
I will be glad when you start on female. Not nearly enough female meshes. Lots of different male ones, though.
Are you going to do a dwarf mesh? Or how about any giant meshes? (Or even better, isn't there a way to make the keyframes make regular sizes into giants?)

Yeah... you can either skope the handle node bigger, or you can use one of Tommy's giant keys.

Dwarf is a bit trickier, simply because the biped needs to be slightly different... hmm. might look into it.

As for females... *cough*

Sioux City Dynamo

Hi Tomato....

Thanks for taking mesh requests. I will focus on female as most are focusing on males and I have a lot of females on the to skope/skin list and would like to move to your new fingered meshes.

I am wondering if you might be able to do a female portly mesh for characters like Granny Goodness and a female obese for characters like Big Bertha. 

Also, would it be possible for your to take a few of your female mesh variations and size them to be compatible with male basic (like the crymsin mesh).  This would allow for a variety of female skopes with weapons.

Lastly, I am wondering if you are planning any female mesh variations with heels.....For some reason (although not to realistic) I am a fan of female superheros with heels....

Anyway, just a few thoughts and suggestions.

Respectfully,
Io

President Raygun

This one's a little wierd, but how about a teen stocky, or more or less a short, stocky male.

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Outcast

A lot of great suggestions already here. Just gonna add a girl sidekick12 or 14. Something you could use like for the Power Pack girls. Renegade already made a male teen sidekick 12 and 14. :cool:

Not sure if a good Mr Incredible body type already exists if not then..
Or a not so muscular male stout (whose belly is not so big?)  :wacko:

area34

Man, I was going to suggest a Power Pack set.... (In hopes AA might skin them since he quit over the skoping issues.)

Tomato

um... guys? There seems to be some confusion here... first off, while I do also intend to add to our library of meshes *points to football, fat, dpmask, etc.* I see many of you are glossing over body types we already have... well, please don't. In regards to this thread, if a mesh does not have fingers it exists as example ONLY.

Second... as much as I want to, I likely won't finish even half of the current requests. I'll try, I really will, but please do not post with the intent of "I want you..." or "I expect you..." We're all human you know(yes, even C6... though he might have gotten alien skin magics somewhere along the way) and there's only 60 things I can do at once.

I will add though, if anyone wanted to assist, it's more than welcome... I release max files of all my meshes in case anybody wants to tinker. I realize meshing isn't an easy thing, but I don't mind writing some tutorials for anyone who wants to try it... though that stuff can be taken to pm.

ok, rant over. Go nuts, kill murs, whatever.

Tawodi Osdi

Would be possible to shape the shoulders like shoulder pads from football?  I think it would be interesting to make ones favorite football teams into skins.  Go, Sooners!  I figure that to skin types would be needed.  One of your huskier skins for bigger players, like linebackers, and something along the line of male_basic for smaller players, like quarterbacks.

Gremlin

One of the body types we sorely lack is a slender female. All existing meshes are pretty darn curvy.

President Raygun

Quote from: Podmark on November 04, 2009, 03:24:29 AM
Quote from: President Raygun on November 04, 2009, 03:03:03 AM
or more or less a short, stocky male.

We want a mesh of George Costanza?

Why not ? He could call himself Independent George.

(Sorry about the threadjack)

Tomato

Just to knock off a few things:

Resizes: I see a few people asking for altered sizes of the same mesh... my suggestion? Open up the regular mesh with nifskope, and change the size of the handle node to however you want it.

Football shoulders or similar: Honestly, for that you're better off 'skoping a separate shoulder pad mesh onto my meshes. That way you can just skope it onto different body types and not have to alter anything.

Tawodi Osdi

That does sound better, regarding the football issue.  I assume helmets would need to be skoped separately, also.

Tomato

Ok, so I just got around to going through and systematically doing a post by post inventory (I've gone through and gotten some rough ideas before, but I've got access to notepad now). There are some good ideas here, including a few I missed my first few times through, but I want to get some clarification on three of them... I kind of understand (at least somewhat) what you're asking, but it would be an enormous benefit if you could give me a visual example, either a character I can look up or an image that you can link to (no posting images please, shorter posts get swallowed that way).

Male_StockyT_TM -Requested by President Raygun
Male_Stout_TM -Requested by Outcast
Female_Skinny_TM -Requested by Gremlin

President Raygun

Hi Tomato, first let me say thanks for considering my request, now I hope I don't lose you on this. Ever since a saw you're male stocky mesh I thought that it would be perfect for say a Ulysses Bloodstone, except that my first experience with the character was in his Marvel Handbook entry in which he looks about 5' 5"http://i614.photobucket.com/albums/tt226/raygunn6/Mesh/bloodstone.gif, even though his height is listed as 6'2"; I think this is the only time he's ever been portrayed that short. So basically I'm talking about a guy with a thick neck, broad chest, wide back/shoulders, short arms and big tree stump legs with a low center of gravity which I think would work really well for the non-powered/ fighter type characters. It might also be good for a Byrne-era Wolverine as opposed to some of the overly muscled versions I've seen of late (in the comics that is). Hopefully I'm understanding what we mean here by Teen (that being a mesh that is shorter in height than the regular male mesh). If I'm wrong (and please correct me if I am) then please disregard and thanks anyways for your time.

Tomato

Quote from: President Raygun on November 05, 2009, 03:20:03 AM
Hi Tomato, first let me say thanks for considering my request, now I hope I don't lose you on this. Ever since a saw you're male stocky mesh I thought that it would be perfect for say a Ulysses Bloodstone, except that my first experience with the character was in his Marvel Handbook entry in which he looks about 5' 5"http://i614.photobucket.com/albums/tt226/raygunn6/Mesh/bloodstone.gif, even though his height is listed as 6'2"; I think this is the only time he's ever been portrayed that short. So basically I'm talking about a guy with a thick neck, broad chest, wide back/shoulders, short arms and big tree stump legs with a low center of gravity which I think would work really well for the non-powered/ fighter type characters. It might also be good for a Byrne-era Wolverine as opposed to some of the overly muscled versions I've seen of late (in the comics that is). Hopefully I'm understanding what we mean here by Teen (that being a mesh that is shorter in height than the regular male mesh). If I'm wrong (and please correct me if I am) then please disregard and thanks anyways for your time.

Not exactly... Teen (at least to me) tends to indicate a more youthful character in general. Rather then just being a shrunk MB, there are changes to both the build and the face as such. When you mentioned a stocky, it indicated maybe something more like current Superboy... which wouldn't so much indicate build per-se, but possibly changes to the face to indicate that we're talking about a 16-18 year old as opposed to a Luke Cage or Superman.

I'm actually seeing a lot of that kind of thing... maybe I should make a mini-tutorial so you guys can do it yourselves.

Failed_Hero

What about a more oval shaped individual like the Penguin short, round, etc.  Something more like The TAS Penguin or De Vioto's Penguin from batman returns.

I second the varied female meshes that sync to male_basic keyframes like the crymsin mesh honestly a reanimated walk and run animation with to your general male basic keyframe sets would make the female forms skoped on male skeletons look more visiually believable. 

What about a female_heavy and female_hulking? I mean if those were made a legion monster girl would be begging to be made.   
At the end of the day all that matter is that I tried, right?

Tomato

Hmm... Honestly I'm not at all opposed to the notion of doing my female meshes on a mb frame, but the issue comes down to the fact that I personally don't get animating for FF... like, at all. So what you'd end up with are females who hold themselves like men. Now, if we had some people here who'd be willing to animate a decent array of "feminine" animations (walks, runs, idles, few melees, etc.) I'd do it without hesitation... centralizing our keys gives us more versatility.

*shrug* who knows though, might come up with something.