Started by Jimaras8, April 16, 2013, 09:56:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Helix

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Helix

Podmark - Thank you! I would much rather see a Pod skin on this sweet skope that Cyber Burn built for me, though! I feel like I'm going to play around with this skin for weeks before I am happy with it.

hoss20

He's all shiny and on the way (at least the shoulders, anyway).  :D

Helix

Jimaras8

You guys rock. Good job all the way. Although i believe that cardiacs hood was white or am i wrong?

Helix

Um, what hood? I have seen about 20 different pictures of Cardiac and he didn't have a hood in any of them.

Helix

STATUS REPORT: I am pleased to announce that I am finished with Cardiac. Despite all efforts to get all of the detail on the cuffs, I found that in the end, simplicity works best. Jamming all of the detail into the cuffs made them look too busy. So, I would like to thank Cyber Burn for the fantastic skope and Hoss20 for his help with the refl. You guys are awesome!

Helix

Smoothed him out and touched up the highlights a little bit. Also, I forgot to thank Tomato for making the amazing male_basic_TM mesh. It is sweet, bro!

Cyber Burn

:thumbup:

Thanks for adding the Reflections to those extra pieces Hoss, I've never been able to figure that out.  :banghead:

Helix, if you want to send the skin my way, I'll update the "Read Me" file so I can include you and Hoss and then I'll release it.

Helix

That would be great! I already did a readme, you can look it over to make sure I didn't forget anyone.

Jimaras8

My mistake helix. i was wrong. Nice mesh guys. really good job. Can i ask if you have given him ranged animations with his staff so he can fire his particle beams?

Helix

I don't remember. It's got the keyframes that came with the original mesh by Tommyboy. You may have to convert and try some other staff wielder keyframes to see if they work with that mesh. I would suggest trying Firelord by Grenadier, Swashbuckler_kx by Kenn X, Gambit by INK, Gambit by Gni, and Checkmate_Knight by Grenadier. Or maybe you can ask someone if they can make some custom kfs using the ones I just mentioned. I'd do it for you if I could, but I don't know how.

Helix

D'oh! Hey, Cyber...I just had an idea. How do you feel about throwing all of those extras onto Gren's Firelord mesh? It's got cool flaming staff FX and some ranged staff attacks. I've already tried the Cardiac skin on it, turned off the flaming head FX, and changed the flaming staff FX. It looks pretty sweet!

Cyber Burn

If you could send me the Firelord mesh, I'll give it a shot.

Edit: I probably won't be able to get back to it till at least next week though. I have a couple of papers that I have to work on.

Helix

Spyder - Thanks man! :thumbup:

Cyber - No hurry at all, bro. Write your papers first.

Cyber Burn

Hey Spyder, is the mesh you sent me for  :ff: or  :ffvstr:? Just so I know if I need to convert it or not before I start skoping.

spydermann93

It's converted and has had he ghosting issue fixed.

Did you need the one for :ff: ?

Cyber Burn

Cyber Burn

Insomnia really bites, but at least I was able to be a little bit productive. I hexxed off the upper leg cuffs so that it better matches the pic that Helix posted, and switched everything over to Gren's Firelord mesh. Now it just needs the staff and flame effect skinned, then it should be ready for a release.

Helix

Nice! Funny how I didn't even notice the lack of leg cuffs in the pic I posted. Huh. Anyhoo...thanks a lot for skoping this, Cyber. Just don't neglect the school work!

Cyber Burn

Quote from: Helix on April 26, 2013, 07:14:52 AM
Nice! Funny how I didn't even notice the lack of leg cuffs in the pic I posted. Huh. Anyhoo...thanks a lot for skoping this, Cyber. Just don't neglect the school work!

I needed a break, the words were just starting to blend together, frustrating.  :banghead:

As for the skope, I sent it back your way to get the staff skinned, then it should be ready for a release. Also, since I've retired from actually skinning, I definitely appreciate you stepping up and skinning Cardiac. It looks great, and we were able to fill someone's request, always a plus for me.

Jimaras8

Aye mates that right. But most important is the fact that you added a hero to the FF pantheon. Maybe not one of the most popular but plus 1 is always better than none.  :thumbup:

Helix

Cyber - Mesh sent back. FX and staff done. Updated the skin too.

Cyber Burn

Cardiac is now uploaded to my second Yahoo Group and ready for download.

laughing paradox

You guys make a great team.

Cardiac looks great!

Helix

I've got to be driving Cyber crazy by now because I keep making changes. I promise this is the last version!

Cyber Burn

Since I'm a sucker for alternate skins, I uploaded the skin as a stand alone skin to be used with the Cardiac skope. After all, variety is the spice of life.