News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

What've you skoped lately?

Started by Blkcasanova247, December 24, 2008, 08:01:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daglob

This is NOT my skin. I was going to do a skin for Granny for this mesh, but I found this one from Afghan Ant, and there is really no point. However, I am surprised that no one has done this scope before (Storm Obese+Black Queen's hair). I just wish that I could get the little side curls in, but they clash with Storm's belt.

Podmark

Cool, nice job on Beast. I'd suggest maybe adding some jacket sleeves.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

crimsonquill

Quote from: area34 on January 04, 2010, 07:19:10 PM
Continuing the New X-men...
By request - Beast

Male Heavy is not friendly to skoping. I'm not able to get any jackets to line up without a lot of clipping so I just stuck with adding a collar. He has new hair and glasses.  If anyone has any suggestions on how to do an ascot that won't clip to all hell or where to get cat ears that would work, feel free to share.
The skin is AA's Cyclops Kitt'd with AA's Wolvie Coat with AA's AXM Beast and a bunch of me.

Incredible work on the Beast skope.. exactly how I always pictured him... of course I was the one who made the request :thumbup:

Not sure where you could get compatable cat ears thou. :huh:

Might be easier to skin on the ascot if you can't find a way to stop the clipping but it's a great touch to actually skope that on there.

I'm already drooling on my keyboard for a release..  :drool:

- CQ
"He said let there be light... CLICK! It was a lightbulb. And It was good."

area34

Hey Pod, Do you know a jacket sleeve that would work with a Male Heavy? Everything I've tried has clipped.

Podmark

Quote from: area34 on January 05, 2010, 02:18:14 AM
Hey Pod, Do you know a jacket sleeve that would work with a Male Heavy? Everything I've tried has clipped.

You could try Tommy's Beast_tvlite
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

cmdrkoenig67

Quote from: laughing paradox on January 04, 2010, 09:42:04 PM
Great skopes.

I love the Creature from the Black Lagoon.. aren't there male_basic swimmer keyframes at NPI? Maybe those could work.

I'll check them out LP, thanks guys for the feedback on the Gillman too.

Dana

cmdrkoenig67

Hey...They work pretty good, thanks again LP!

Dana

AfghanAnt

Quote from: area34 on January 02, 2010, 03:03:11 AM
AA's amazing New X-Men set is missing a key person...

The skope is built off of GNI's trenchcoat with parts off of AA's Cyclops (belt/coat). The skope has an all new animation set built out of way to many skopes to remember off the top of my head. The skin is AA's Cyclops kitbashed with an AA's Luthor head that I tried to tweek to make it match with his other New-Xmen skins (blue eyes, more chin definition, non-cocky eyebrows, smaller mouth, color shift).

Quote from: area34 on January 04, 2010, 07:19:10 PM
Continuing the New X-men...
By request - Beast

Male Heavy is not friendly to skoping. I'm not able to get any jackets to line up without a lot of clipping so I just stuck with adding a collar. He has new hair and glasses.  If anyone has any suggestions on how to do an ascot that won't clip to all hell or where to get cat ears that would work, feel free to share.
The skin is AA's Cyclops Kitt'd with AA's Wolvie Coat with AA's AXM Beast and a bunch of me.

These are great but what was the "bunch" that you did exactly? Also if you send these to me I'll upload them to Heroforce with kitbasher credit to you and tweak them a little.

BTW I have a New X-Men skope with the appropriate hair for Beast (slicked back) and catwoman ears.

Also I dont mind kitbashing (it is how most of us started) but just taking all my work and editing all of my work and sending it to people makes me a little upset - I'm just saying.

area34

Avalon

Kinda of a half-blender and half-nifskope on this Batman. Used blender to fix the ears and nose.
He is based off Ren's Captain America Classic. Working on the belt:

Xenolith

laughing paradox

Cmdnr, I'm glad the keyframes worked. :)

Avalon, that Batman skope is really impressive.. the skin is fantastic, too.

Daglob, were you considering skoping other Female Furies members? I know Mad Harriet could use an update.. and I don't think Bernadeth was ever created.

docdelorean88

"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"

deano_ue

i'd add some glove cuffs to give it that extra kick

area34

I was about to say the same thing... Great job.

Avalon

Fixed the ears. Added the glove cuffs.

Xenolith

That is so cool.  I hope you give the "1st appearance" treatment to other heroes.
You skin is really nice.  Impressive.

Tawodi Osdi

It looks like there will be another Batman skin and mesh I will want to get.

AfghanAnt

area34

I need some help. I'm working on a U-Men skope and was going to use tom_helm_space that I have off of AA's astronaut but it does have any texture's with it. Is there old school scuba helmet out there I can use instead or do I need to figure out how to attach texture to objects?

EDITED TO ADD

This is where I'm at with them... Still dealing with the head and now I'm trying to figure out how to get a tube from the mouth to the chest that moves correct in animations....

daglob

You can use Nifscope to change the color and "alpha" quality of an object which, like Bearded's Red Hood's hood, has the color built in.

detourne_me

Great looking Uman dude.
What about taking one of the nipple hoses.  first, from the base mesh,  not from the skope you re already using - change the nifskininstance to be Bip01 Head and Bip01 Spine1.
Then try and post it to Bip01 Spine1.

Just a thought though,  not sure if it will work.

The Hitman

On the helmet issue... you could try the "ball" found in TexasJack's Plastic Man mesh. It's what I used for my Ro-Man the Robot Monster mesh.

area34

I'm using the eightball by tommy for the head now. I'm still having problems with the tube from the head to chest looking right in the animations. I can get it to stay put on one or the other- when he turns his head it doesn't lock to both points.... Arrgh. I've been trying to do what DM suggests but it's still not moving right. Is there a mesh out there that does what I want already?

Here is where it's at now-
I changed up sizes on the parts and moved the pieces to match. I'm not sure which I prefer yet... If I go with the shoulder padless one I'll move the tubes higher.  Any thoughts?

crimsonquill

Guess this makes my official first attempt at skoping.. but I took a shot at making the comic book version of the U-Men using the same ideas that area34 and I bounced between each other when he was asking me how to handle my request.

I found that capturing an image in the Character Tool 2 is quite frustrating because the space helmet is alpha enabled transparent which causes the head or visor or both to disappear since they are separate pieces from the main mesh. I can capture images fine within game so I'll just live with showing what I have done thus far that way.

What do you all think?

- CQ

area34

Okay- based off of suggestions. Shoulderpad version will be the flamethrower version where I'll skope some tanks and the thrower on but I'm still trying to finish the basic guy. I can't get the tube from the mouth to work. If someone knows how to do it I'll be more than happy to send him your way or you post how here so I and others can learn how to do it.

Podmark

cool stuff guys. I'm glad someone is trying to put these guys together.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

crimsonquill

Welp, This is the final result that I ended up with before release... for those that might have missed my posts elsewhere..

I swapped out the space_helmet_globe in favor of mr_freeze_dome because it somehow managed to attach better and come much closer to their look in the comic. Although the U-Men changed in various ways from artist to artist but you could probably explain that away as different suits the U-Men wore depending on what the mission required.

Anyway.. I think later this week I might take on The Purifiers using the Punisher_TJ mesh as a base (since they used all kinds of weapons and even a rocket launcher on that poor bus full of mutant students).. but what mesh has a robe I could skope without driving myself crazy? Mmmm..

- CQ

cascarudo

area34

I tried to take a break from my skoping and just play the game using LP's Hellions vs New Mutants and noticed he was missing two. These guys died immediately after their first appearance so it makes sense not to remember them. Not to mention the awful names...
BEEF and BEVATRON

Beef is a skoped Flex Metallo. Bevatron is a skoped Sunfire so he has lightning. The skins are LP's Hellions KB's.