Whats your Halloween costume this year?

Started by herodad1, October 21, 2010, 10:27:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alaric

Quote from: Viking on November 05, 2010, 01:54:30 PM
I've never actually attempted this costume idea - merely floated the concept past people to make them laugh.

The costume is a simple cardboard box, and affixing a hula hoop around it.

I call it, "A Square Peg In A Round Hole."

Heh.  :thumbup:

My favorite "play on words" costume was something I wore some years ago, at a Halloween folk music concert- I wore the traditional ghost-sheet-with-eye-holes, mittens, and a scarf around my neck, and on my chest I had a piece of green fabric shaped like Greenland. I was the Cold Ghost of Greenland (the Cold Coast of Greenland being a phrase that pops up in a couple of different semi-traditional songs). Yes, it was an in-joke, but that's why I carefully chose where I'd wear it- I had a second costume for other events- and even without the wordplay, it was a surprisingly effective costume- the sheet was shiny, the mittens and scarf worked surprisingly well on a ghost costume, and I did a good job of quietly, mysteriously looming around while wearing it. I wish I had a picture.

Anyway, as I previously posted, I didn't wear a costume this year, but here are some pictures of my nephews in their costumes (made by their parents):

Fear the "A"!!!