News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Double XP

Started by 77, September 30, 2009, 01:36:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

We're celebrating the recent launch of Issue 16: Power Spectrum in style by offering all our players a Double XP weekend! But that's not all, all inactive accounts in good standing will also be given access to City of Heroes and City of Villains? during the Double XP weekend!

Here are the dates and times:

* Starts: Thursday, October 8, 2009 at 8:59 a.m. Pacific Time (11:59 a.m. Eastern Time)
    * Ends: Sunday, October 11, 2009 at 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time (2:59 a.m. Eastern Time)

All participating Hero and Villain characters will receive double the XP, Influence, and Infamy for their accomplishments in game. Just log in to start playing and take advantage of this opportunity to level up your favorite Heroes and Villains twice as quickly as normal!

If you or any of your friends haven't played in a while, visit City of Heroes for all the latest game news and to learn more about Issue 16: Power Spectrum. Download the PC game client or the Mac game client, or visit our official message forums for a wealth of information.

Please note: if your account expires after the reactivation weekend has started, it will not get automatically reactivated. To participate in the Double XP Weekend, you will need to reactivate your account via the usual method. Please check our Knowledge Base for more information on how to reactivate your game account.

MJB

An extra day of double XP, eh? Perhaps this time I can take advantage of it. That is if the servers stay up long enough. >.<;

Don't think that will be a problem

Ephemeris

AncientSpirit

I hope this Double XP/Reactivation weekend pays off for them.   Seems like the servers never have more than a light load on them -- even on Freedom -- ever since CO went live.  (Around the same time, they addressed the problem of AE farms - so I don't know if that helped them or hurt them.)   
AncientSpirit
Plotter and Writer of ... The Legendary (and by that I mean LONG FORGOTTEN) Fantastic Force!!!!

clownprince

Lord Elcorion

gawdangit! at best i'll be able to play thursday afternoon, but the rest of the weekend will be wasted cuase i'm gonna be gone to rennfaire.
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a352/lordelcorion/elcorionbattlearmor.gif[/img]"By the Lords of the Arcane!"[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a352/lordelcorion/nanoElcorion.gif[/img]
thanks to everyone who've made me stuff, or included my avatar in something.

Tortuga

'Tis Thanksgiving weekend up here in Canada.  It would be nice to extend the play time through Monday but 3 days is already plenty.

Lionheart

Quote from: AncientSpirit on October 01, 2009, 11:28:59 PM
I hope this Double XP/Reactivation weekend pays off for them.   Seems like the servers never have more than a light load on them -- even on Freedom -- ever since CO went live.  (Around the same time, they addressed the problem of AE farms - so I don't know if that helped them or hurt them.)   

Actually, the load indicators have been light longer than that -- ever since they upgraded the servers themselves.

Remember that the load indicators are not population indicators, but rather processing load on the servers. By increasing the capabilities of the servers, they reduced the load status significantly. Also note that they have recently introduced a queue system -- which has actually affected some players even though the "server load" showed green.

Uncle Yuan

Oooo - a kidless weekend, too!  I have my only villain at nearly 44.  I wonder if I can get her over the top?
"But there's no use crying over every mistake
You just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake
And the science gets done, and you make a neat gun
For the people who are still alive."

Lord Elcorion

well, as i expected, i didn't get as much use out of this as i would have wanted, but the extension for yesterday gave me more to work with than i origionally expected. in all, i got one villain past a mission that was really cuaseing me a lot of grief when i last played a long while back, Elcorion's energy powers have been changed from the origional blue and white blasts and red fist glows to purple and blue all around to better match his costume colors, and En'Drakus has been brought up to level 20 and is waiting at the door to do his cape mish. i would have run it, but i noticed it was nearly midnight by the time i reached the instance door and there was no way i could have finished the mish before i got kicked off. cest la vie. so who else was able to hit some leveling goals or whatnot during the weekend?
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a352/lordelcorion/elcorionbattlearmor.gif[/img]"By the Lords of the Arcane!"[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a352/lordelcorion/nanoElcorion.gif[/img]

AncientSpirit

I actually got my first ever 50 villian!   

Unfortunately, I moved all my villians to the Pinnacle server in order to create a one-man VG there, so I haven't been able to team with anyone as of late.   Miss that a lot ... but his kind of colsoldated, 1-man SuperGroup worked very well for me on my Freedom heroes, and resulted in more recipes, more crafting, etc.

I was so looking forward to unlocking the special villian ATs, but after doing so, and seeing their powers, now I'm not so sure.   For someone who prefers tankers, brutes, controllers and corruptors, which is better: Widows or Spiders?

AncientSpirit
Plotter and Writer of ... The Legendary (and by that I mean LONG FORGOTTEN) Fantastic Force!!!!

MikeB7

I had a very productive run this time - 16 toons dinging at least once.

Seafarer (db/wp brute) 47-50 after which I promptly deleted him to make space.  I loved the costumes and looks of the toon, but the combo routine got repetitive and too many opponents resisted my [censored].
Doc Freaky (elec/pain corr) 41-42
Prime Catalyst (rad/therm corr) 39-42
Love Bugg (thug/ta MM) 41-42
Dinky Duncan Dempsey (dark/sr brute) 39-41
Stress Point (nrg/wp brute) 40-41
Unt-Sev (ice/dark corr) 38-39
Incan (fire/shield brute) 37-38
Mad Rascal (mace/wp brute) 34-35
Unruly Ghoulie (ice/kin corr) 29-32
Mikhail Sevnik (grav/elec dom) 26-27
Sleeper Zero (fire/cold corr) 17-22
Saul Pikemast (axe/shield brute) 12-17
Sweet Mama Pajama (fire/earth dom) 1-5
Yiminy (stone/wp brute) 1-5
Huey Kablooey (fire/rad corr) 1-5

As for VEATs, the most fun I had was with Fortunatas.  They're like controller/blasters but sturdier.  Crabs are even more sturdy.

Viking

Hrm.  And I didn't even bother logging on this Double XP Weekend.  I wonder if that's indicative that I'm burning out on the game, at last.

Stopman

I'm only burned out enough to log in my toons to move them for the day job badges.  :cool:
Plus, I'm getting into DDO, so that eats up my playtime.

Mikey is da Man!
"The new EAT is a Stalker/Controller mix!!"

Lord Elcorion

i'm on DDO myself. whisper me what server your on and what sort of toons?