News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Tommyboy's Mesh Release Thread V3.0

Started by tommyboy, January 24, 2009, 01:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blkcasanova247

SIF!!! Finally someone did Sif! :thumbup: Great job on all of your new meshes Tommyboy! And your skinning is fantastic...very cool. Hey what ever happened to M-11. ;)
I can't help it that I look so good baby! I'm just a love machine!

Scorpion13mk2

Wow. That new and improved Hyde is great!

JKCarrier

These are all great, but that Mr. Hyde really stands out. Nice work!

crimsonquill

Quote from: Blkcasanova247 on August 06, 2010, 12:21:53 PM
Hey what ever happened to M-11. ;)

I believe Tommy was having issues with his server or was getting sneaky because M-11 ended up on his page at Alex's Freedom Fortress: http://www.alexff.com/stuffTB.php.. just looks for the flashing NEW graphic below it.

- CQ
"He said let there be light... CLICK! It was a lightbulb. And It was good."

blobula

Really good work Tommy. Love the new Hyde.
Sorry for my bad english, I`m still learning.

herodad1

TrajkLogik

Awesome stuff there Tommy! I like the skinning work on Giant-man Clint and Mr. Hyde.

Podmark

Nice Sif, and just in time for the movie.
The hair on Goliath looks really nice. These are great Tommy, your work seems like it's taken a big step forward with your newest stuff.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

WyldFyre

(Leads a chant -)

Tom...my!, Tom...my!, Tom...my!

Your meshes just get better and better,  Thanks for these.  You ROCK!  (Insert air guitar riff here.)
For Freedom!

FF Museum Website: http://ffmuseum.org/

bevo

Hair on goliath really captured his 70's look. One of my favorite chars. :thumbup:

Cyber Burn

With every new mesh, you seem to get better by leaps and bounds. Love the new stuff Tommy.

John Jr.

WOW!
Your already great meshes are becoming better and better, Tom! And the clothwork in your new skins is just perfect, so real...
Thanks for releasing them, you're one of the main reasons this game is still alive!

Xenolith

Thank you for including Mr. Hyde's Ranged_2 attack, Tommyboy.  It's always nice to have a pick up and throw attack even when there is nothing to pick up and throw.

daglob

That's way the debris some and other packages at FXForce are for. I have a few musclemen throw sewer covers, stop signs, mailboxes, and a character I call Spacewarp who throws a double decker bus. It's all in fun...

Xenolith

I normally just use the Subterrestrial rock attack. It looks like boulders flying through the air.  What I really like though is that you can control accuracy and damage while still having a throw-like attack.

tommyboy

Quote from: Xenolith on August 11, 2010, 02:24:00 AM
Thank you for including Mr. Hyde's Ranged_2 attack, Tommyboy.  It's always nice to have a pick up and throw attack even when there is nothing to pick up and throw.

Thanks, but all praise should be directed at Grenadier, I used his hulk keyframes for hyde. So he's still the man to thank, after all these years..

Scorpion13mk2

Tommy, I dont know if this is the appropriate place for it, but I have a problem with your Red Ronin and Terminus meshes. When I use them in the game, which is  :ff: btw, the meshes are too big to see.

Now here is the problem, when I use the other keyframes you have on the site and with the meshes, you know, the 15ft tall and 30ft ones, they dont work or change the size of the meshes. What am I doing wrong?

tommyboy

Quote from: Scorpion13mk2 on November 13, 2010, 02:00:54 AM
Tommy, I dont know if this is the appropriate place for it, but I have a problem with your Red Ronin and Terminus meshes. When I use them in the game, which is  :ff: btw, the meshes are too big to see.

Now here is the problem, when I use the other keyframes you have on the site and with the meshes, you know, the 15ft tall and 30ft ones, they dont work or change the size of the meshes. What am I doing wrong?

Too big to see?

You probably need to tweak your "init.py" file  so (you can edit it with notepad):

import ff
ff.CAM_MIN_ZOOM = -250
ff.CAM_MAX_ZOOM = 6000

That's how mine is set up, and I can zoom out far enough to see them. You can experiment with the min and max values to your own taste.
Red_ronin_tvlite comes with 30ft, 60ft and the 120ft keyframes that are the standard. You say the keyframes "dont work or change the size of the meshes". I believe that they do work (with red_ronin_tvlite, dunno about terminus), and the point of them is to change the size of the mesh. that is what they are supposed to do.
As to any keyframes not included with the meshes, if they work, they work. If they dont, they don't.
Not every mesh works with every single keyframes set ever made, nor does every single keyframes set work with every mesh ever made. Sorry, that's just the way it is.
I know trial and error keyframe swapping can be a pain, but if you want to use keyframes other than those which came with a given mesh, it's the only option.
I try to make both my meshes and keyframes as compatible as possible, but not everything on my site is compatible with everything else.
I hope that helps a little.

spydermann93

I think he meant in the character creation window where you can see what their moves and powers look like.

daglob

If that's the case, the best thing to do is look over the character in CTool, which you can zoom out in, and write down which animations you want to use.

This does always not work for the REALLY big meshes...

Scorpion13mk2

I was saying that when I used the keyframes that came with the mesh, the ones that would presumably change the mesh's size to something around Mr. Mechanical's size or Val's Godzilla mesh size, they didn't work and I still could only see like the foot of the mesh. The same thing goes for the view in Ctool. I'm just saying that for me, it didn't work. I'm not calling you a liar or anything. I like the meshes, I just want to know what I'm doing wrong. And I do fully acknowledge that its more than likely something I'm doing wrong, here.

tommyboy

Quote from: Scorpion13mk2 on November 13, 2010, 10:54:33 PM
I was saying that when I used the keyframes that came with the mesh, the ones that would presumably change the mesh's size to something around Mr. Mechanical's size or Val's Godzilla mesh size, they didn't work and I still could only see like the foot of the mesh. The same thing goes for the view in Ctool. I'm just saying that for me, it didn't work. I'm not calling you a liar or anything. I like the meshes, I just want to know what I'm doing wrong. And I do fully acknowledge that its more than likely something I'm doing wrong, here.

No, I know that you aren't calling me a liar, or any such thing.
So lets be specific; you are saying that with red_ronin_tvlite, the other keyframes dont work for you. that you only see a foot, in game, and in ctool?
And I'm saying that they do work. You are supposed to see only a foot in ctool, because even the 30 foot keyframes give a mesh that is 6 times the size of male basic. I just checked myself,  and all I saw in ctool was a foot, with the 30ft keyframes, or the 120ft ones. Rotate the mesh in ctool (with holding the left mouse button and moving the mouse), and you'll see the rest of the mesh, (albeit distorted, because neither ctool nor the game was made with this size of character in mind). Or press and hold shift and left-click-drag the mesh down to see it.
As to in-game, (and I mean in-game, not in the "characters" screen), you should be able to move the camera far enough away for the mesh to be visible. In the character select screens, it wont be. Ever. Because it's too big. Same goes for terminus.

Sometimes mistakes get made, and the wrong mesh or keyframes get uploaded, or non-working ones. I don't think thats the case here.
I think that you are mis-interpreting what you see, because only seeing a bit of a boot looks like something is broken, or not working.
Other than that, I got nothing.

Scorpion13mk2

Ah, ok. I see what was happening.

I though that like, 30ft would put him at around Mr. Mechanical height, when in reality, it would be much larger.

Thanks for this. I honest to god thought I was doing something way wrong with this.

tommyboy

Not really making much these days, but I did quickly re-do some Marvel Ultimate Alliance meshes and skins. Some ported over from FF, some altogether new:

Some are released, some not:
http://tommyboymeshes.freedomforceforever.com/Mua%20meshes%202.html

Pod 2.0

Nice stuff Tommy. I never did get into MUA mods, I own a PC copy but played most of it on PS2. Might have to try these out one day.

BentonGrey

Awesome!  Aquaman in MUA...I'm definitely going to have to get my hands on that. :D  These are excellent Tommy!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Cyber Burn

I've never played MUA, but these are fantastic Tommy. Your meshing and skinning skills are always improving.

John Jr.

Your work looks great in MUA, Tommyboy. Aquaman and Kal-L are stunning.

cmdrkoenig67

The skins (and new meshes) look great, Tom.  I don't play MUA either, but your work looks amazing...Bravo!  It's good to see you still at it too.

Dana

martialstorm

Wonderful mods Tommyboy, especially oe the Supermen & Flashes :thumbup: