Da Glob's Skin-A-Rama 06/19/20-Work in Progress

Started by daglob, January 01, 2009, 05:23:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AfghanAnt

daglob

I'm not really happy with his face. It has a sneering, wasted look like I wanted, but I could never find a good picture of Evil Superman from an angle that I could use. He still has a re-painted Chris Reeve face.

But I thank you for the compliment. It is a good face, I just wish it were better. Maybe I should alter the hairline...

Kenn

My Amazing Woman - A Romantic Comedy of Super Heroic Proportions.

Also what Lightning Man and Kenn-X have been doing lately.

John Jr.

I agree with AA, Daglob. Evil Superman's face is great, maybe you could make minor adjustments to the eyebrowns and hair, but you already got a great looking character and he has a great expression, very different for regular Superman.
The Faceless Hunter is great too, I need to read more about this guy...

DoctorRuina

daglob

Here are two stages of the same character. The one on the left side of the screen is "Ardath Bey", but everyone knows he really Imhotep the Mummy. On the right is Imhotep just after he woke up to go for a little walk. The skin on the right is based on a very old skin of mine that has never been posted before. The head is mostly new, and I intend ot re-do the whole thing, perhaps salvaging the hands.

It's sad that Imhotep never got to play in the Universal monster series; he might have made a nice competitor for Dracula.

steamteck

Imhotep!  I can't wait. I've wondered if he would ever show  his face again after your tease many moons ago. Count me in for a early download! I just love thecharacters you choose to do.

docdelorean88

"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

John Jr.

I agree with Pod, the clotwork and the face in the robed versions are perfect.

Outcast

I remember when you showed that Mummy face. Nice to see what the rest of his costume looks like.  I like the work you did on his robe and belt. Pretty nice rock texture too on the other one. Looks as if it was photoskinned. :)

BentonGrey

Wow Daglob, REALLY nice work on your civilian garb Mummy there.  I assume the face is a photoskin, but either way it is very well done.  You've also done a great job with his robe and his hands as well.  The bandaged version is just getting started for a revamp, you said, but your newly done face is exceptional.  Great work!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

billdamn22

I really love how obscure you go. These are fantastic. I can't imagine where you will go next. Keep 'em comin'.  :D

murs47

daglob

Both mummy faces are photos of Boris Karloff, so it's his face you enjoy. It is remarkable, isn't it?

Murder Legendre is the evil zombie maker in White Zombie. For absolute EEEEEvil, Murder actually a bit nastier than Dracula. I think this is one of Bela's better roles (my favorite is the vampire in "The Return of the Vampire").

Outcast

Another fine job with the unique faces Daglob. And i think i can almost feel the texture of that suit. Nice work. :)

laughing paradox

Very cool White Zombie skin. From head to toe, it looks really sweet.

The face on the yellow-robed mummy is dead on. That skin really leaps out at me.

blobula

Sorry for my bad english, I`m still learning.

John Jr.

You're one of our best photoskinners EVER, Daglob and the cloth texture in your latest skins is amazing. You're our own "Master of the Horror" :thumbup:

daglob

Many thanks. These old movie monsters are fun.

Speaking of movies, I was watching The Watchmen today, and it occured to me that I have never seen a skin for this version of this character. I took Tommy's comic book version and hid some parts, and laid some color in. The face is still the one Tommy did, but I've got a decent start on her.

Outcast

That's cool. Silk Spectre's movie costume? I think the hair style might be a bit different though.  :unsure:

Scorpion13mk2

Huh. I dont think she did. I cant really remember, though. Maybe she had a pony-tail or something.

Glob, I gotta tell ya, that Murder Legendre skin is awesome. Any chance of you doing some more old-timey monster skins?

Podmark

Cool, Daglob. Looks like a good start. Has anyone else tackled any of the other Watchmen movie costumes?
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

daglob

I have a scope for Nighthawk, but I thought Tommy did Nighthawk and The Commedian. His Dr. Manhattan could go for either the movie or the comic.

I will probably do a FF1 scope for the vampire from London After Midnight, and am looking at Tommy's Rorsharch with turning him into Christoper Lee's Frankenstein. Lugosi's Dracula, Karloff's Frankenstein, Chaney's Wolf Man, and several others have been done. I've done two Lee Dracula skins and one of John Carradine. The mesh for the London After Mindnight vampire is the same one for the Dr. Calagari skin, just a little hex-edited. I need to finish Barnabas Collins, Count Orlock, and Eric the Phantom.

Scorpion13mk2

You know, a Chaney London After Midnight vampire skin is only a hop, skip and a jump away from The Spider. I dont remember if you did him already, though.

herodad1

put that skin on gren's diamond lil mesh. it would work perfect and the hair is the same plus good fighter kf's. electro did an awsome skope of nightowl 2 here...  http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/ELECTR0FF/files/

steamteck

Quote from: Scorpion13mk2 on October 04, 2010, 08:39:16 PM
You know, a Chaney London After Midnight vampire skin is only a hop, skip and a jump away from The Spider. I dont remember if you did him already, though.
He already did the Chaney london  after midnight  on a PV mesh. The face is GREAT!

daglob

I don't remember if I've ever previewed these skins before. Here is Troy Donahue as The Fly and Brenda Lee as Fly-Girl. Yellow Lantern did the meshes, but he has allowed me to release them at Character Obscura VI. These are the Silver Age versions from the early '60s, so they aren't quite the same as the ones from any other decade (or from the later Mighty Crusaders era).

Podmark

Very nice looking. The colours came out great.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page