AfghanAnt Artistic Advances 7/8/16 - Marvel Adventures Exclusives

Started by AfghanAnt, January 11, 2009, 02:12:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AfghanAnt

Quote from: Cyber Burn on November 01, 2014, 03:29:57 PM
Quote from: AfghanAnt on October 30, 2014, 12:18:10 AM
Quote from: Cyber Burn on October 29, 2014, 11:26:06 PM
Question...Is that Belt buckle a shaped Mesh piece, or did you Alpha the Skin to get that look?
Alpha'ed.

Wow, when I saw it, I was wondering if you had used the "S Shield" Mesh piece (By Bearded, I think), just re-sized. Very nice. The double bands that you used on the wrists and ankles and for the belt must have been a pain to line up correctly. I did something like the belt on one of my Skopes a while back, and it frustrated me to no end trying to line it up correctly. Once again, very inspiring.

On a side note, I hope you don't mind me asking, but on your Blog, you had previewed a Character called "Miracle", I was wondering if you had ever finished/released him?

And yes, I know I'm odd, I actually read some of the Blogs our Community posts.  :P

I haven't released him. I actually sort of just dropped him and didn't look back. Maybe I'll dig him up. But...

I skinned the Green Lantern of Earth-20: Abin Sur.

Podmark

Wow he looks great. Some interesting characters in Multiversity.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

SickAlice

Finally got to download your stuff and Pods for that matter. Really happy to have some proper looking modern mutants in game now, thanks.
Looking fore ward to the Multiversity stuff. Any chance your going to do the rabbit?

AfghanAnt

Quote from: SickAlice on November 03, 2014, 04:26:20 PM
Finally got to download your stuff and Pods for that matter. Really happy to have some proper looking modern mutants in game now, thanks.
Looking fore ward to the Multiversity stuff. Any chance your going to do the rabbit?

I've planned on doing one skin from each book to pay homage to the assemble nature of the crossover/event/whatever and doing them in publication order.

For instance, I started working on an Offspring last night and next month I'm going to Captain Allen Adam. There are actually a lot of bell and whistles on these skopes which are based on a lot of other people's amazing work - Avalon, Johnny Patches, Windblown, etc.

windblown

wow I really love the colors, and the face work is awesome  :thumbup: :thumbup:

AfghanAnt

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

AfghanAnt

Quote from: Podmark on November 09, 2014, 10:54:59 PM
Well that just looks excellent!

Thanks. I really hate working on white but I really wanted to do this guy.

Cyber Burn

Quote from: AfghanAnt on November 10, 2014, 12:00:12 AM

I couldn't agree more, White is just horrible to work with, but you really pulled it off well.

On a side note, it is just really awesome seeing life come back to this thread.

deano_ue

First stellar work as usual

Second, damn reed Richards gonna sue somebody

AfghanAnt

Actually Frank Quitely designed this costume in 1996 for the Kingdom: Offspring. It is interesting I never noticed how similar these costumes were.

deano_ue

I know offspring came first mate i just couldn't resist the joke lol

SickAlice

BentonGrey

Wow, nice work, AA!  I love the faces on both of those guys.  Great detail and unique expressions.   :D

Sheesh, that Mr. Fantastic costume is TOTALLY ripped off of Offspring.  Who knew?
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

WyldFyre

Quote from: AfghanAnt on November 10, 2014, 12:00:12 AM

I'm so glad to see some AA skins again. Your faces and attention to detail are just awe inspiring.  Makes me want to find the time to do more practice skinning myself. Love them all, and you make white look easy, (I haven't tried a lot of whites but yours look great).

Glad to see you back.  :thumbup:
For Freedom!

FF Museum Website: http://ffmuseum.org/

Starman

Always cool to see new AA creations, whether it be new comic book stuff or originals ... I love that rubbery, figurine-like sheen they all have.

windblown

He looks really fantastic. I'm so happy that you're skinning again... :)

AfghanAnt

Quote from: windblown on November 12, 2014, 11:21:00 PM
He looks really fantastic. I'm so happy that you're skinning again... :)

Me too, but I forgot how much I hate skoping something and than having to skin it...

laughing paradox

Really great group of work so far, AA.

Nice to see you return with more work!

John Jr.

As a fan of your work, I'm really glad to see you skinning again, AA.
Great work with Abin Sur and Offspring. Looking forward to see more Multiversity.

AfghanAnt

New work...simple, but I made a whole new costume base for this skin. I wanted him be less shiny than my other work.

Releasing List:
Ancient Astronaut
Vampire
Bat-boy
Lady Sasquatch
Mothman
Nunu
The Corpse
Shepard
Ms Amazing
Miss Amazing
Amazium 235
Zenwoman
Superman (Calvin Ellis)
Abin Sur
Offspring
Captain Atom (Captain Allem Adam)

To Do List:
Mary Marvel
Mystique
Pyro
Avalanche
Blob
Toad
Destiny (updated skope)
FXs for Weird World characters
FXs for Multiversity

Podmark

Yeah the costume is pretty basic but the face work and the reflection and glow is very good.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Cyber Burn

Is the glow effect on this from the Skin itself, or is there an outside effect on there (Particle Emitter, Billboard, Plane, Etc.)?

I'm also really looking forward to seeing your Brotherhood/Freedom Force Skins.  :thumbup:

spydermann93

I'm SUPER excited for you to release your Weird World and Multiversity characters, AA! :thumbup:

I always loved yours and Unko's original characters, and these Multiversity characters look top-notch!

WyldFyre

The effects you put on your skins are just fantastic.  You seem to have a mastery of glow and reflections that I am envious of.
For Freedom!

FF Museum Website: http://ffmuseum.org/

style

The Ultimate Fan!

AfghanAnt

Quote from: Podmark on December 04, 2014, 02:22:44 AM
Yeah the costume is pretty basic but the face work and the reflection and glow is very good.

All of the reflection is just highlighting. I only using a glow layer, no reflect.

Quote from: Cyber Burn on December 04, 2014, 02:34:49 AM
Is the glow effect on this from the Skin itself, or is there an outside effect on there (Particle Emitter, Billboard, Plane, Etc.)?

I'm also really looking forward to seeing your Brotherhood/Freedom Force Skins.  :thumbup:
A little bit of both, but mostly highlighting. The light aura gives the skin a halo effect in-game but doesn't light much of the skin. Also the atomic symbol is an effect on his forehead.

Quote from: spydermann93 on December 04, 2014, 03:11:51 AM
I'm SUPER excited for you to release your Weird World and Multiversity characters, AA! :thumbup:

I always loved yours and Unko's original characters, and these Multiversity characters look top-notch!
Thanks! I wish we could have done something more with them, but alas. They have some really neat effects and keyframes that I wanted to share with everyone. :)

Quote from: WyldFyre on December 04, 2014, 03:19:15 AM
The effects you put on your skins are just fantastic.  You seem to have a mastery of glow and reflections that I am envious of.
Thank you. It is mostly just the base color. The glow layer is pretty faint.

Quote from: style on December 04, 2014, 04:21:04 AM
Dr Manhattan! I LOVE IT :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Actually it is Allen Adam, aka the Quantum Superman, aka Captain Atom. Final Crisis and Multiversity seem to have mashed Manhattan and Atom back into one character.

windblown

Loving the face work and the glow effect :thumbup:  and I can't wait to see the Brotherhood skins!!

SickAlice

ghazkul

YAY!!!! I love all the Weird World stuff! Been waiting soooooooooooooo long for them to be released ^^

And loving Multiversity to, especially as they've announced the Bizarro World issue!