AfghanAnt Artistic Advances 7/8/16 - Marvel Adventures Exclusives

Started by AfghanAnt, January 11, 2009, 02:12:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AfghanAnt

I started skinning Meggan and I knocked her out very quickly so I thought why not do Excalibur - I've already done Nightcrawler so Shadowcat just seemed right.

Meggan's hair twinkles. I also plan on doing a changeling version (fur, brown skins, wings, and fangs).

Kitty is a Gren mesh with some of IPS' Shadowcat keyframes thrown in.

I promise once I've completed Rachel, Revanche, and Lockheed I will release my British Invasion.

ShawDAMAN

Podmark

Oh wow I love that Kitty so very much. I was never a big fan of that outfit but you're changing my mind here.
Very nice Meggan as well.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

John Jr.

martialstorm

Very nice AA, for some reason, I thought of Sheldon's 'Soft Kitty' song when I saw your Shadowcat  ^_^

Cyber Burn

Great work on the Excalibabes AA.

On a side note...now I'm going to have "Soft Kitty" stuck in my head all day!  :banghead:

ghazkul

Amazeballs as ever!! are you just doing the classic Excalibre or the modern as well? Looooved Nocturne ^^

laughing paradox

Nice work, AA. I'm glad to see Kitty in her blue costume.

BentonGrey

Ohh, very nice...though, that Kitty is really the stand out one.  That's probably my favorite Kitty Pryde skin I've seen.  Your face work on her is unique and really, really fitting.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Previsionary

Disappear when you least expe--

AfghanAnt

Quote from: ShawDAMAN on August 06, 2012, 03:08:38 AM
Really nice! and the twinkling hair is a great idea.
Yeah it just made sense for Meggan's to have little twinkling lights in her hair when she moved.

Quote from: Podmark on August 06, 2012, 03:22:32 AM
Oh wow I love that Kitty so very much. I was never a big fan of that outfit but you're changing my mind here.
Very nice Meggan as well.
I was always fond of it and all of the 90s costumes. They are so iconic.

Quote from: John Jr. on August 06, 2012, 03:54:05 AM
Beautiful take on Kitty, AA. The clothwork is great!
Thanks JJ!

Quote from: martialstorm on August 06, 2012, 12:33:28 PM
Very nice AA, for some reason, I thought of Sheldon's 'Soft Kitty' song when I saw your Shadowcat  ^_^

Quote from: Cyber Burn on August 06, 2012, 04:35:55 PM
Great work on the Excalibabes AA.

On a side note...now I'm going to have "Soft Kitty" stuck in my head all day!  :banghead:
I have no clue what that is. :/

Quote from: ghazkul on August 07, 2012, 08:28:01 PM
Amazeballs as ever!! are you just doing the classic Excalibre or the modern as well? Looooved Nocturne ^^
I have absolutely no love for Nocturne or any that revolved around or had anything to do with New Excalibur, X-Men Reload, or New Exiles. That was CC at his absolute worse.

Quote from: laughing paradox on August 07, 2012, 09:56:11 PM
Nice work, AA. I'm glad to see Kitty in her blue costume.
It is one of my favorites. :)

Quote from: BentonGrey on August 08, 2012, 03:54:22 AM
Ohh, very nice...though, that Kitty is really the stand out one.  That's probably my favorite Kitty Pryde skin I've seen.  Your face work on her is unique and really, really fitting.
Thanks. She is one of my favorite characters and it was fun skinning her in the costume.

Quote from: Previsionary on August 08, 2012, 04:15:58 AM
MEGGAN! *SWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO---*
So...when are we going to talk about this Excalibur Cross-Time Caper mod?

So, I've had a setback in skinning. I've completely skoped Rach (based on Hoss and LP's) with some additions to make her more like Alan Davis' art (mullet, fiery arm wings, and ridiculously long antenna eyelashes) however I've had yet another issue with my Windows 7 laptop so this weekend I'm going to purchase a new one. Thankfully I backed up everything on my external hard drive and 8gb thumb drive.

But in the mean time, I thought I would let you know on what I've been considering working on:

Definitely:
Lockheed (I know there was a stand-alone mesh but I can't find it for the life of me)
Bishop (90s  Costume)
Jubilee
Maggot*
Cecila Reyes*
Marrow*

*I've always LOVED these three for some reason.

My Wishlist:
Hope Summers
Longshot
Spiral
Mojo
X-Men Gold Team (Storm, Jean Grey, Archangel, and Colossus)
X-Men Blue Team (Wolverine, Cyclops, Rogue, and Beast)
AOA Astonishing X-Men (Exodus, Storm, Quicksilver, and Bishop)
All-Deadly X-Men (Landslide, Rapture, and Mercury)

Tomato

Soft Kitty, Warm kitty

Also, just so you know, I am lurking and being amazed by everything you're doing up in here, I just feel like everyone else is better at expressing that then I am.

ShawDAMAN

QuoteDefinitely:
Lockheed (I know there was a stand-alone mesh but I can't find it for the life of me)
Brown Wolverine
90s Bishop
Nate Grey
Cable (Carey's X-Men Costume)
Maggot*
Cecila Reyes*
Marrow*

90's Bishop and Marrow are favorites of mine also. I also like Cable, not sure which costume that is though but sounds good! :P

BTW that video clip was pretty hilarious lol. "Counter clockwise or my chest hair will mat" bwahaha.

BentonGrey

God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

deano_ue

hope, hope, hope. for all that is holy it has to be hope next

laughing paradox

I look forward to your Cecilia Reyes. I am curious to see how you do her hair. I take it you're going with her blue and gold X-uniform? I still laugh at that issue when Beast gave her a Wasp costume to wear.

AfghanAnt

Spoiler

A former JR superhero who was horribly burnt in a battle now a ruthless anti-hero.
Tommy Matto, formerly Sprout, is now a vengeful hero hell bent on making those who hurt the innocent pay.
Based on FR member Tomato, DC's Jason Todd, and a little bit of Ghost Rider.

The suit is a sort of hyperbaric chamber since 80% of his body was horribly burnt by a yet to be named villain.

Outcast

That is an incredible design AA. The brief background and anti hero theme really compliments it. I like it.

I give it a 10 out of 10 fresh tomatoes rating. :lunarman:

Can't wait to see the flame thrower animation you're gonna give it.

spydermann93

Tomato

Cyber Burn

I love it, that's fantastic AA. Great design and a great story.

docdelorean88

"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"

Podmark

Looks good AA. I'm always astounded by your creativity.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

ghazkul

Blkcasanova247

I can't help it that I look so good baby! I'm just a love machine!

murs47

laughing paradox

Really fantastic work, AA. The design and skin and story are just super-cool.

Tomato

*reads through his AA-verse origin again*

*raises hand*

So, in your universe, you say I was burned by "someone"? Might we perhaps know this "someone"?

Outcast

When AA mentioned he was making two designs. I thought he was designing two versions of the same character. But if it's the villain responsible for Tommy Mato's origin, that's pretty cool too. :cool:

deano_ue

its all a misunderstanding. DJ ate the taco bell special platter and stood in front of an open flame