AfghanAnt Artistic Advances 7/8/16 - Marvel Adventures Exclusives

Started by AfghanAnt, January 11, 2009, 02:12:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blkcasanova247

Excellent work! :thumbup: I'm wondering though...if her body is right...body mass I mean. I know that she's supposed to be big (although I most artists these days don't seem to approach her that way) and tall...but is it too big. Also I think you should make the "bottoms" of her "bikini" uniform smaller and define her breasts (clevage) and muscualture a bit more. Just my two cents. ;)
I can't help it that I look so good baby! I'm just a love machine!

Podmark

You can really see your improvement over time with that pic. She looks very good AA.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

herodad1

dont know how big she's suppose to be but i think she looks awsome AA!which cyborg are you going to do?comic or animated version.i really like the big animated version myself.thats just my one cent. :lol:

AfghanAnt

Quote from: Blkcasanova247 on October 15, 2009, 05:10:33 AM
Excellent work! :thumbup: I'm wondering though...if her body is right...body mass I mean. I know that she's supposed to be big (although I most artists these days don't seem to approach her that way) and tall...but is it too big. Also I think you should make the "bottoms" of her "bikini" uniform smaller and define her breasts (clevage) and muscualture a bit more. Just my two cents. ;)

From as far back as I can remember and based on Mike McKone's art, Starfire is a very big woman. She has been consistently shown to be half a foot taller than Dick and by Phil Jimenez taller than Superman (who is 6'2).

An example of her massive stature:
Spoiler
I am still unclear why they made her so tiny in the Teen Titans cartoon. I guess little girls can't look up to giant alien women just tiny childish ones.

I do agree with you on the bottoms though. I actually need to redo they because they aren't the right shape as McKone's drawings.

Quote from: Podmark on October 15, 2009, 05:25:18 AM
You can really see your improvement over time with that pic. She looks very good AA.

Yeah, when I was sorting them Ink's work and I saw all the Teen Titans I did I honestly thought "how dreadful" so that's why I wanted to show how much I've drown over the 5 years.

Quote from: herodad1 on October 15, 2009, 01:12:19 PM
dont know how big she's suppose to be but i think she looks awsome AA!which cyborg are you going to do?comic or animated version.i really like the big animated version myself.thats just my one cent. :lol:

Sorry, I'm doing a McKone inspired Cyborg. Though my Raven will be a little animated, a little Perez, with McKone costume.

laughing paradox

Starfire is supposed to be a big gal! I love the new skin.. it looks great. It makes me anxious for the other Titans...

I do have a question.. does your Starfire have flaming hair when she flies? Would that be near-impossible to skope correctly?

AfghanAnt

Quote from: laughing paradox on October 15, 2009, 02:28:36 PM
I do have a question.. does your Starfire have flaming hair when she flies? Would that be near-impossible to skope correctly?

I'm trying to figure out before I release her.

detourne_me

How about using Ink's Phoenix as a base?  when she flies the Phoenix appears.   just hide the phoenix and add fx to the hair.

PS.  I love the new Starfire skin.

AfghanAnt

Quote from: detourne_me on October 15, 2009, 03:39:10 PM
How about using Ink's Phoenix as a base?  when she flies the Phoenix appears.   just hide the phoenix and add fx to the hair.

Uhmmm good idea. What fx would you use? Nick Fury Jetpak fxs or maybe something that would cast a global light since she's  :ffvstr: only?

darkknight92

area34

Why not use the same mesh/FX you used to make Binary?

detourne_me

Quote from: AfghanAnt on October 15, 2009, 04:01:59 PM
Quote from: detourne_me on October 15, 2009, 03:39:10 PM

Uhmmm good idea. What fx would you use? Nick Fury Jetpak fxs or maybe something that would cast a global light since she's  :ffvstr: only?
I'm not too familiar with the FFVTTR FX, but i think Nick Fury's jetpack FX would be good, because it is a jet-stream that points in a direction. Good thinking!

deano_ue

try using the fx i used on firestar, i skoped over the fx from vxhuman torch

i love the work on the body but i feel the face is too stern, yes i know he is meant to be a battle hardened warrior but she is also meant to be amazingly beautiful

murs47

That's a whole lotta woman!

Very nice skin AA, I'd say add a little more detail/contrast to her chest region.
This TT skin set is so exciting!

miguelyanke

AA why don't you add 3D jimmies insstead of these red spots?

Tomato

I cannot put into words how much I love that Starfire skin. I can't wait to see the rest of your Teen Titans man, your style compliments the characters perfectly.

ghazkul

That's amazing work there AA!!!!
I was only thinking today "I wish somonne would do an updated version of Starfire now she's being put in the JLA" and there you go!

jtharris86

doctorchallenger

Tommyboy's firestar_new has an fx trail when it flies.

AfghanAnt

Quote from: miguelyanke on October 15, 2009, 08:00:26 PM

Because I could skin them faster than I could skope them in place.

Quote from: doctorchallenger on October 16, 2009, 01:02:34 AM
Tommyboy's firestar_new has an fx trail when it flies.

Starfire fiery hair fx when in flight.

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Jakew

Great way of representing a tricky artistic comic book flourish.  :thumbup:

detourne_me

cool,   good job with that tricky FX!

herodad1

tommy's firestar_new is a cool mesh.got a kick where her flame is coming from in flight. :lol:

Ash4fire

miguelyanke

Quote from: AfghanAnt on October 16, 2009, 02:17:10 AM
Quote from: miguelyanke on October 15, 2009, 08:00:26 PM

Because I could skin them faster than I could skope them in place.

If you want i can try to do this, but I need the skin & skope since you continue skinning the rest.

AfghanAnt

Miguel, it's not big deal besides the keyframes for Phoenix_Classic isn't fond of extras (they float away from the mesh during some flight animations).
----------------------------------------------------
Teen Titans - Raven and Beast Boy
Spoiler
I was originally going to make Raven her Teen Titan skin color but I really didn't like it - So she's part McKone part Perez. Only enough doing these Titans made me think about doing the Team Titans I will most like do the animated version of Terra because Ink has an unfinished mesh of her that I wouldn't mind finishing up for him. I might even skin his Speedy (Mia Dearden) mesh as well just so there will be a complete set of Johns/McKone Titans.

Anywho, I'm going to finish Cyborg tomorrow and probably get the first half of these pack out Monday (maybe). I want to do a Soul Self fx for Raven and I still need to finish skinning Beast Boy's animal forms.

Outcast

Great work on the faces of both AA. I really like the colors. Nice and shiny.  :)

miguelyanke

3D Beast boy Teeth!!!!!! (IT's on the head_node so there's no probs with dissapearing or kfs isn't it?)

I now about KF's problems... T_T

AfghanAnt

Quote from: Outcast on October 18, 2009, 05:54:43 AM
Great work on the faces of both AA. I really like the colors. Nice and shiny.  :)

Thank you, shiny is my favorite word. :)

Quote from: miguelyanke on October 18, 2009, 01:05:09 PM
3D Beast boy Teeth!!!!!! (IT's on the head_node so there's no probs with dissapearing or kfs isn't it?)

I now about KF's problems... T_T

The teeth are just skinned on, not 3D.

John Jr.

Raven is impressive, AA.
And Beast Boy looks just like he should be. The teeth looks 3d.
Congrats!