AfghanAnt Artistic Advances 7/8/16 - Marvel Adventures Exclusives

Started by AfghanAnt, January 11, 2009, 02:12:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

doctorchallenger

AfghanAnt

I tried Gambit by Ink and Gni and I think for the look I'm going for Tommy's coat works the best. I just need to sit down and figured out how I can make this mapping work for me.

AfghanAnt

So I finished up the Eradicator as he was. I decided to just work around the skinning issue with the cape instead of changing the cape out. I really liked the keyframes I skoped together for him and those other jacket pieces do not get along with my in-game vision. As you mine see above I finished Superwoman too. If you look at my blog you'll see the flats I did. She was really fun to do because 1) I like her and 2) it was really nice to hang paint almost everything rather than selecting and cutting out color pieces.

Anyway, I'm going to try to start on the fxs and get this pack up and ready for download on my blog this week. Eventually they'll make it to HF too.

Gremlin

Wow! Looks awesome. The white is perfect, and the hood in particular looks phenomenal.

AfghanAnt

Quote from: Gremlin on May 11, 2009, 12:58:37 AM
Wow! Looks awesome. The white is perfect, and the hood in particular looks phenomenal.

Thanks. Casanova total suggested I go with a gray instead of a blue and I love it.

Tomato

Yeah, I think a blue would have blended too mcuh with the blue on the outfit.

Great work man, can't wait to see more.

BentonGrey

Hmm, that's a really neat design AA.  Is that your original take on it?  I agree, the gray is a nice touch.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

AfghanAnt

Quote from: BentonGrey on May 11, 2009, 02:52:14 AM
Hmm, that's a really neat design AA.  Is that your original take on it?  I agree, the gray is a nice touch.

Nope, it is Alex Ross' design for Superwoman.

Ash4fire

Blkcasanova247

I can't help it that I look so good baby! I'm just a love machine!

Podmark

She came out very nice AA.

I'm not too familiar with the design, but why not do all the circles as meshed parts? Also the edge of the white area looks weird to me because of the dark outlines on the other parts.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

AfghanAnt

Thanks folks.

Quote from: Podmark on May 11, 2009, 09:21:32 PM
She came out very nice AA.

I'm not too familiar with the design, but why not do all the circles as meshed parts? Also the edge of the white area looks weird to me because of the dark outlines on the other parts.

I didn't skope the circles on her arms because when I tried it, they were floating too much. So I said forget it plus it keeps the file size pretty small.

Blkcasanova247

I was working on a skope for her as well...and those "circles" were a pain in the butt. I think I know how to fix it...it'll just be time consuming. If you want I can give it a try? Either way it looks "fantastic"...hmm I love that word.  :rolleyes: :P

Podmark

Quote from: AfghanAnt on May 12, 2009, 09:22:04 PM

I didn't skope the circles on her arms because when I tried it, they were floating too much. So I said forget it plus it keeps the file size pretty small.

Fair enough.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Blkcasanova247

If you're interested.........

did these and "NO" floating. ;) They were a "PAIN" in the butt to postion though. :wacko: I might do it another way as well. ;)

AfghanAnt

Quote from: Blkcasanova247 on May 13, 2009, 08:22:49 PM
If you're interested.........

did these and "NO" floating. ;) They were a "PAIN" in the butt to postion though. :wacko: I might do it another way as well. ;)

Yes, expect some superwoman, cyke, and xorn in your email later on tonight.

Blkcasanova247

Podmark

AA clean out your pms again.
Geez popular guy...
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

AfghanAnt

AfghanAnt

Updating some of my skins to new skopes.

Billy as Wiccan and Druid.

Billy as Asgardian.

Gremlin

That's awesome. Although I'd suggest coloring that tiny piece that's clipping the same color as the shoulder piece.

AfghanAnt

Quote from: Gremlin on June 23, 2009, 01:18:47 AM
That's awesome. Although I'd suggest coloring that tiny piece that's clipping the same color as the shoulder piece.

Don't worry, I plan on it. :) In fact besides Wiccan's base skin, I haven't started skinning anything yet. All the pieces are my old extras.

Blkcasanova247

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

deano_ue

AfghanAnt

Quote from: Podmark on June 23, 2009, 05:57:37 PM
ooooh pretty.
Pod loves Young Avengers.

Maybe we should work on them together. You still doing Stature?

Quote from: the_ultimate_evil on June 23, 2009, 08:23:30 PM
superb when did he become druid, did i miss that

He never became Druid. I'm doing my own Dark Reign/Young Masters version of the team. It's not really Billy but it a character based on crappy Cap America villain, Dremund Druid - http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix4/dredmunddruid.htm

deano_ue

ahh that would explain it, and guys if you're working on YA count me in if you want, i don't think i've seen someone who doesn't like that comic

AfghanAnt

Quote from: the_ultimate_evil on June 23, 2009, 08:36:25 PM
ahh that would explain it, and guys if you're working on YA count me in if you want, i don't think i've seen someone who doesn't like that comic

Holy crap, it should be a HeroForce event!

Previsionary

Quote from: AfghanAnt on June 23, 2009, 08:40:09 PM

What's a "heroforce"? Who are those guys? Is one of them from canadia? ^^

I'm intrigued thus far, sir AA. Very intrigued.
Disappear when you least expe--

Blkcasanova247

Quote from: AfghanAnt on June 23, 2009, 08:40:09 PM

Most definitely! :thumbup: