AfghanAnt Artistic Advances 7/8/16 - Marvel Adventures Exclusives

Started by AfghanAnt, January 11, 2009, 02:12:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AfghanAnt

Quote from: miguelyanke on February 16, 2009, 03:22:35 PM
Quote from: AfghanAnt on February 16, 2009, 03:12:17 PM
Quote from: miguelyanke on February 16, 2009, 01:57:39 PM
that's lovely!!! XD but the effect of a nose in his face looks strange... U-.-
I'm sorry I have no idea what you are trying to say. Are you talking about the bridge in the nose because there is no actually nose.
that's the mesh has no nose but your skin looks like he has, i think, 'cause there are shadows in the middle of the eyes... i think the light should be reduced a lit not to look as shaping.
[ARGH!!! IT's DIFFICULT]
Anyway it's just my opinion
AH! I see what you are saying now. I think I can fix that.

Quote from: Sledgehammer on February 16, 2009, 03:25:13 PM
Simply brilliant! I can't tell you how much I like Morph, and that active defense is extremely creative. Fantastic work with AoA, overall.

Thanks. The active defense was actually me favorite part because I never skinned bricks before and I thought no way Morph would just be a dull brick wall in the middle war torn Chicago.

miguelyanke

Quote from: AfghanAnt on February 16, 2009, 03:31:52 PM
Quote from: miguelyanke on February 16, 2009, 03:22:35 PM
Quote from: AfghanAnt on February 16, 2009, 03:12:17 PM
Quote from: miguelyanke on February 16, 2009, 01:57:39 PM
that's lovely!!! XD but the effect of a nose in his face looks strange... U-.-
I'm sorry I have no idea what you are trying to say. Are you talking about the bridge in the nose because there is no actually nose.
that's the mesh has no nose but your skin looks like he has, i think, 'cause there are shadows in the middle of the eyes... i think the light should be reduced a lit not to look as shaping.
[ARGH!!! IT's DIFFICULT]
Anyway it's just my opinion
AH! I see what you are saying now. I think I can fix that.

THAT WAS IT!!!!!! XD
I think like this looks betterXD

and yes, this brick form looks wonderfu lXD

The Enigma

That's awesome. I still think the top lip's cleft is a little too pronounced but Morph's face is, well, morphable and those sorts of changes do make sense.
The Enigma skin by Juancho, thanks Jay. Fate skin by Kitt Basher, thanks Kitt. Microhero by Reepicheep, thanks Reep. Fate smiley by Paradox. RIP dude.

AfghanAnt

Wallpapers under the spoiler cuts:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

herodad1

Champion 2 of 11

Megatallica

hey AA AWESOME SKINS!!!! :thumbup:
btw i think i know what they are talking about with morphs nose, with your skin, it still looks like there was one once there (Specifically the detail between the eyes) if you see my skin i got rid of all the detail around the face.

IM JUST SO HAPPY THERES A DECENT AOA Morph skin now  :wub:

Podmark

The AoA X-Men are excellent AA. And the Morph wall is very fun. I'm glad you skinned these characters.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

UnkoMan

What can I say really, that hasn't been said? Excellent job yet again.

AfghanAnt

Skinning List

• Astonishing X-Men
  • Mystery Character
  • Marvel Boy
  • Miracle Family
  • Thor (Modern) I know! I just can't stop skinning him.
  • Ares (Modern)
  • Possible Redesign of a mythological war god. I need to figure out which one though.
  • Weird World Originals
  • Hiveworld Wasps
  • Hiveworld Red Ants
  • Japanese Batman
  • Japanese Superman

Preview of Thor & Ares
Spoiler

I started reskinning Thor and I still have a lot of work to go on him but I haven't even touched Ares yet. That is my old skin on a new skope.

doctorchallenger

I just knew that you would skin Mystery Character one day.

Champion 2 of 11

Since you are going to reskin Ares and skin Marvel Boy how about an Iron Patriot skin to complete the Dark Avengers? :rolleyes:

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

captmorgan72

AfghanAnt, is your Thor using the Beyonder Thor mesh? It sort of looks like it but then sort of not. I don't know if it's the silver armour or what but the Beyonder Thor mesh (with C6 skin)  looks bigger especially in the arms. Then I look at your Thor (which I very much love) and it seems smaller somehow. Is this just an illusion because of a different skin?

docdelorean88

When do we get an update? I NEED that Spider-Boy! Everything is looking great, can't wait to see more!
"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"

AfghanAnt

Quote from: doctorchallenger on February 20, 2009, 04:34:23 PM
I just knew that you would skin Mystery Character one day.
I've been putting off Mystery Character aka Shiny Gun Arm for a while because I want to do him perfectly and it has been an uphill struggle so far with the crystalline shiny oppose to glossy shiny.

Quote from: Champion 2 of 11 on February 20, 2009, 05:22:19 PM
Since you are going to reskin Ares and skin Marvel Boy how about an Iron Patriot skin to complete the Dark Avengers? :rolleyes:
Uhmmm I have yet to a "Ironman" so maybe. I sort of like Daken and Venom has always been on my list so who knows. Moonstone would a walk in the park as well. I'll strongly think about it.

Quote from: Podmark on February 20, 2009, 08:26:33 PM
lol AA I think you love Thor too much!
Me too. I think this is v5 or 6 of this costume for me but every time I read the new issues I just go "man, I should reskin that skin". So I did.

Quote from: captmorgan72 on February 20, 2009, 08:53:18 PM
AfghanAnt, is your Thor using the Beyonder Thor mesh? It sort of looks like it but then sort of not. I don't know if it's the silver armour or what but the Beyonder Thor mesh (with C6 skin)  looks bigger especially in the arms. Then I look at your Thor (which I very much love) and it seems smaller somehow. Is this just an illusion because of a different skin?
I guess it is an illusion because I can't imagine a skin making a mesh smaller. As for the skope, it uses the keyframes, cape, and hammer from Beyonder's Thor but it is different base mesh. It's Ren's Battlestar skoped larger with part made by Yellow Lantern, Ink, Tommyboy, and Ren:).

They look about the same size to me both in charactertool and in-game.

Quote from: docdelorean88 on February 20, 2009, 09:35:46 PM
When do we get an update? I NEED that Spider-Boy! Everything is looking great, can't wait to see more!

I totally forgot! I'll try to get an update out soon. I was holding off because I like to release a large number of skins at once.

captmorgan72

Here is a shot of Beyonder's Thor and your Thor without their capes. http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n301/captmorgan72/Thors.jpg I was right about Beyonder's Thor mesh being bigger, at least in the arms anyway. At least now I know it wasn't an illusion. Any chance you can put your version of Thor on Beyonder's mesh? Just joking...sort of.  :D

Previsionary

Quote from: AfghanAnt on February 20, 2009, 04:12:32 PM
Skinning List

• Astonishing X-Men

AA, be honest with me...you're not skinning that horrible astonishing storm costume and instead will be skinning her Uncanny/World's apart costume, right?
Disappear when you least expe--

AfghanAnt

Quote from: Previsionary on February 21, 2009, 01:33:23 AM
Quote from: AfghanAnt on February 20, 2009, 04:12:32 PM
Skinning List

• Astonishing X-Men

AA, be honest with me...you're not skinning that horrible astonishing storm costume and instead will be skinning her Uncanny/World's apart costume, right?
I should have typed AOA Astonishing X-Men. They are there because I hadn't release yet. I hate the new costumes and the x titles right now. I'm basically only reading Dark and New Avengers for Luke and Ares and Thor.

Quote from: captmorgan72 on February 20, 2009, 11:52:28 PM
Here is a shot of Beyonder's Thor and your Thor without their capes. http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n301/captmorgan72/Thors.jpg I was right about Beyonder's Thor mesh being bigger, at least in the arms anyway. At least now I know it wasn't an illusion. Any chance you can put your version of Thor on Beyonder's mesh? Just joking...sort of.  :D

The new one using a new skope that is more evenly proportioned.  There very little difference as seen in the image below.

Don't get me wrong I love the Beyonder's Thor but it isn't exactly the right shape for the costume I'm doing.

captmorgan72

You know, the more I am looking at your skope and the artwork in the new Thor issues...you really nailed him. What's the ETA on the release?

miguelyanke

AA what hair is he using? because it sounds me a lot

captmorgan72

"Waiting patiently wearing his Thor t-shirt for AfghanAnt's Thor reskin."

AfghanAnt

Thor's hair is from Ink's Emma Frost alphaed out.

I'm trying to skope an anti-force attack for Thor and possibly adding lightning effect.

BentonGrey

Sheesh AA!  He looks fantastic!  You gave him a really unique expression there, something that I imagine has a lot to do with where his character is these days (though I don't know much about that!), and I really like the texture on his hammer there.  He's pretty great, but I think you should add a bit more 'cloth' detail on his chest there.  The lower part looks really good, but the upper part is a bit bland.  I love that belt buckle, though.  That Ares preview looks awesome!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

AfghanAnt

Quote from: BentonGrey on February 23, 2009, 05:24:04 PM
Sheesh AA!  He looks fantastic!  You gave him a really unique expression there, something that I imagine has a lot to do with where his character is these days (though I don't know much about that!), and I really like the texture on his hammer there.  He's pretty great, but I think you should add a bit more 'cloth' detail on his chest there.  The lower part looks really good, but the upper part is a bit bland.  I love that belt buckle, though.  That Ares preview looks awesome!

I thought about making it more fabricy but from the images I used his coat is really form fitting with the lapels very loose. I'm actually very happy to be done with him and he really didn't take a long time. Ares is going to be a complete reskin so I'm probably going to put him on the back burner while I skin some other characters.

BentonGrey

Good enough for me. :D  As I said, I'm not really familiar with how he looks now...or anything going on in modern comics. :P
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Podmark

Looks awesome AA...again lol

I really like that collar you gave him. And the hair looks nice, I'll want to take a closer look in 3D when it's released.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Xenolith

The skin is great, I just wished I liked his new cosutme.  He looks like a cross between Thor, '70s Ghost Rider, and Spidey-armored Spider-Man to me.  That's not a knock on your work at all, AA.

murs47

You forgot to include "New Awesomesauce" in the pic caption. Just sayin'.