The Flash (possible Spoilers)

Started by Midnite, May 15, 2014, 05:31:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bat1987

Quote from: Spade on April 01, 2015, 11:48:10 AM
Axel,I am your father!  :thumbup:
Brilliant

That and "My Breaking bad season 5" line were beyond awesome!

HarryTrotter

A deadly bee weapon.Bees.My God.
I had to say that,sorry. XD
It was an okay episode,actually.  :)
''Even our origin stories have gone sour.''
Jon Farmer

Tomato

Quote from: Spade on April 15, 2015, 08:10:27 AM

If you hadn't, I would have.

bat1987

The whole Eddie/Iris thing felt forced. Wasn't fan of the villain either. Rest of the episode I really liked. Felicity's "never had a nemesis" moment was awesome.

HarryTrotter

Its a bird!Its a plane!Its Ray?
Who looks like Iron man more and more.He comments about going smaller,thou.
Jon Farmer

spydermann93

Quote from: Tomato on April 15, 2015, 01:45:00 PM

Me, too :P

JeyNyce

Quote from: spydermann93 on April 15, 2015, 06:50:54 PM
Quote from: Tomato on April 15, 2015, 01:45:00 PM

Me, too :P

C'mon guys, not every episode is going to be dipped in golden greatness ( I like that!  :thumbup:  )  I think you guys have been spoiled by so many great episodes.
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

spydermann93

Quote from: JeyNyce on April 15, 2015, 08:15:17 PM
C'mon guys, not every episode is going to be dipped in golden greatness ( I like that!  :thumbup:  )  I think you guys have been spoiled by so many great episodes.

I haven't seen the episode, yet (I really hope to, tonight!). ^_^

It's just a running joke from a bad comic reviewer named "Linkara" :P

thalaw2

Is this Ray Palmer or Christian Grey?  It's clear the writers have been taking some of the finer parts of the relationship between Ray and Felicity from the pages of 50 shades of Grey.  LOL! 
革命不会被电视转播

HarryTrotter

Quote from: thalaw2 on April 16, 2015, 06:44:18 AM
Is this Ray Palmer or Christian Grey?  It's clear the writers have been taking some of the finer parts of the relationship between Ray and Felicity from the pages of 50 shades of Grey.  LOL!

Oliver: I think you and Palmer could be related;after hearing Ray go into a rant. XD
Jon Farmer

BWPS

I like that they want to keep it fun and lighthearted but I wish they'd dial back the corn. All of the villains except Wells and Grodd are awful, with the bee lady being the worst yet. Both Ray and Felicity were written too goofy as well. Still a good episode, I just think they could stand to take the show more seriously.
I apologize in advance for everything I say on here. I regret it immediately after clicking post.

thalaw2

Quote from: Spade on April 16, 2015, 07:00:46 AM
Quote from: thalaw2 on April 16, 2015, 06:44:18 AM

Oliver: I think you and Palmer could be related;after hearing Ray go into a rant. XD

Maybe that was a reference to how Einstein married his cousin. 

Was Ray driving an Audi at th end of the latest episode of Arrow? Awesome inside joke if he was.  I didn't know that Stephen Amell was considered to pay the role of Christian Grey.  It all kind of ties in now. 
革命不会被电视转播

HarryTrotter

Anyone reading Season Zero? :)
Who sent those drones after Felicity?Bug eyed bandit?
Jon Farmer

Silver Shocker

I have only one thing to say about this episode:

Even if the character first appeared in the comic 52......"Hannibal Bates". Really with that name? I can't decide if that's lamer than James Jesse.

Next episode's preview however....oh boy....

Spoiler
Is Cisco about to become Vibe? Dis gonna be gud.
"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa

HarryTrotter

AT LEAST Cisko likes Laurel as Black Canary.Thats one...
Jon Farmer

thalaw2

Quote from: Silver Shocker on April 22, 2015, 05:48:11 AM
I have only one thing to say about this episode:

Even if the character first appeared in the comic 52......"Hannibal Bates". Really with that name? I can't decide if that's lamer than James Jesse.

Next episode's preview however....oh boy....

Spoiler
Is Cisco about to become Vibe? Dis gonna be gud.

I was thinking Hannibal Bates was a bit of homage to Norman Bates and Hannibal Lector...
Spoiler
imitated his grandma...lol

Next episode looks awesome.  I haven't felt so giddy in decades.
革命不会被电视转播

bat1987

Quote from: Spade on April 22, 2015, 12:10:46 PM
AT LEAST Cisko likes Laurel as Black Canary.Thats one...

She was more likable here than in past 3 seasons of Arrow.

thalaw2

I think this past episode did a good job of making you almost feel sorry for poor "Dr. Wells."  He just seemed so lonely.
革命不会被电视转播

catwhowalksbyhimself

At least she has something a bit closer to her classic Canary Cry now.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

HarryTrotter

Did you see the comic preview for the next episode?Sometime in the future Barry is the founding member of Justice --
Jon Farmer

catwhowalksbyhimself

Spoiler
So it was basically just confirmed in tonight's episode that Hal Jordan is currently in space as Green Lantern somewhere.  It was mentioned that Ferris Air closed after one of their test pilots disappeared.  I doubt we'll ever see him, but it's still cool.

Tomato

Spoiler
Spoilers cat. Some of us are stuck at work.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quote from: Tomato on May 13, 2015, 01:44:59 AM
Spoiler
Spoilers cat. Some of us are stuck at work.

I really don't see how a side comment which has nothing whatsoever to do with the story of any of the series can possibly be considered a spoiler.  I mean seriously, it has nothing whatsoever to do with anything and was a single side comment.

BWPS

I definitely think that's something you'd rather hear on the show though I definitely don't see why you'd click the thread that warns about spoilers in the title if you weren't up to date on the show.
I apologize in advance for everything I say on here. I regret it immediately after clicking post.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Tomato

First, I read recent posts all the time. I said as much a week ago when I asked that people be careful with the spoilers on AoU. Second, I didn't expect to see spoilers within an hour of the new episodes airing.

That said, to be fair to cat, its not that big a thing in the episode. But the way I stumbled across it and not having seen the episode yet, I was a bit miffed at what I thought was a huge spoiler from the episode.

HarryTrotter

Was Deathbolt supposed to Cyclops or is that changed for the show?
Jon Farmer

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quote from: Tomato on May 14, 2015, 01:34:58 AM
That said, to be fair to cat, its not that big a thing in the episode. But the way I stumbled across it and not having seen the episode yet, I was a bit miffed at what I thought was a huge spoiler from the episode.

I would never do something like that.  I only posted it openly because it was basically an easter egg that had nothing to do with the rest of the episode.  I'm sorry if you misunderstood it to be more than that, but I would never post a major spoiler openly like that.

spydermann93

I have a few questions

Spoiler
What were the Snarts' (both of them) purposes in this episode?  They really didn't add anything to the plan.  My only guess is that Barry asked them BEFORE Cisco thought of the power dampener.  Other than that, they really had no purpose of being there.

Another question that I have is why didn't Barry just run them over to the prison?  They were clearly capable of gassing the metahumans and knocking them out and Barry running them to the prison would have been much quicker.  Perhaps he didn't have the strength to carry them all of the way there?  I'm not particularly sure where that island is, so I can't really tell if it would have been feasible for him to run them there.

Also,

Spoiler
That final fight scene was kind of lack luster.  I mean, it definitely wasn't all bad (THEY DID THE THING WITH THE RING!!!).  Oliver showed off some cool tricks (I don't watch Arrow, so it's new to me :P).  Barry and Wells had their little showdown.  It was nice, but it wasn't as epic as it should have been.  I really wish they focused on their confrontation with Wells rather than that whole metahuman fiasco, or at least separate the two subplots into two different episodes.

I was disappointed that Firestorm didn't do much in that fight.  He was taken out rather quickly, which I didn't mind because I thought that he would be a lot more helpful when he got back, but he only really ever got one or two hits off.  Arrow using that special arrow that the Atom made was pretty neat, but I was really happy to see Wells shake all of the nanites out of him.

In all, I just wish the fight was more of an epic showdown.  It didn't really feel like anything special, other than Firestorm and Arrow showing up.

thalaw2

We have to remember that they're working with a TV budget and not a feature film budget per episode.  That said I totally agree with spydermann93. 
Spoiler
The money used to bring in Snart could have been spent on a more epic fight.  I understand the moral of the story that Flash is Flash and Arrow is Arrow, but the execution was lame. 

I also thought Catlin going off on Cisco should have had a bit of a psychological angle to it.  Cisco didn't seem to mind at all...this was a waste of a very good moment IMO.  I hope the writers plan to do more with it later.

This episode kind of put a damper on my hope that
Spoiler
Ollie would be come the new Rash.  We learn that he's only going to live to be 86?!?!?!
革命不会被电视转播