News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

DC Comics Reboot

Started by B A D, August 10, 2011, 04:50:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HarryTrotter

Batman Beyond #2 Its Terminator mixed with DoFP.Yeah...not my thing...

Bat-Mite #2 I love the little guy.He cracks me up.  :thumbup:
Bat-Mite: Hawkman,three word...FULL.BODY.WAX.Seriously,dude...manscaping.
The Dark-Mite returns!  :thumbup: :thumbup:

Bizzaro #2 Another great comedy.You should avoid it,because it has no chupacabras at all.Gett it,Bizzaro-speak...not important. XD
Villain of the story is a used car salesman with hypnotic powers.IT IS BRILLIANT.  :D

JL Gods and Monsters #1 Its a Year One story for Batman.Looks promising.

Midnighter #2 Its still just okay.But its the only Wildstorm character with his own comic so we cant really complain.I like that it shows different places.Like Oakland or Moscow.Nice change of scenery.

Detective comics #42 Jim isnt doing that great in his new role. :unsure:
''Even our origin stories have gone sour.''
Jon Farmer

HarryTrotter

Batman 42 At this point I wonder why they bother with the mecha-suit.It always malfunctions,or is incapacitated in some way.   <_<
More news on Bruce.

JLA #2 Its a bit like Divinity,but with a more religious bent.Artwork seems a bit rushed on few panels.But in general,its okay.

Section 8 #2 -Hello,Homeland security?I like to report...  :lol:
Attept to recruit Green Lantern doesnt work out that well.
-No forget it.After what happend to Rayner...You will hear from my lawyer!  :lol:

Starfire #2 I see the story somewhat forming.Still pretty good.
Jon Farmer

SickAlice

It took a bit of consideration but I think I'm going to say Supergirl Matrix was my favorite Convergence title. Probably because Ambush Bug but that's always a direct enough reason imo. Where were the Thrillkiller characters BTW? I'm Brereton-hard and was excited when I saw them advertized but didn't run across them in the ones I read I read.

HarryTrotter

Wildcats were also advertised,but didnt appear in Convergence.I know this was to be an epilogue to older versions of characters,but I would have liked to see Retaliators or Superdemon more then 3 versions of Superman.
Some more stuff nobody cares about:
Red Hood Arsenal #2 If your familiar with Lobdells work on these characters,its still pretty much the same.Its not bad,but its not stellar either.Jokes are kinda juvenile,still.

Justice League G&M Its 10 issues in,and its interesting.Again,not stellar but its okay.And Batman is possibly gay.
Jon Farmer

bat1987

HarryTrotter

Star Trek/Green Lantern was well accepted,so more crossovers with IDW.  ^_^
Wonder if they will crossover with Transformers?  :)
Jon Farmer

BentonGrey

Star Wars and GL crossed over?  Crazy.  :)
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

spydermann93

The thing I'm most excited about the Batman/TMNT crossover is Batman facing off with the Shredder.

I can't think of many matchups cooler than that!! :D

HarryTrotter

Quote from: BentonGrey on July 11, 2015, 07:10:19 PM

Yup,issue 1 of 6 is out.As far as company crossovers go,it was great.
Jon Farmer

bat1987

Quote from: Spade on July 12, 2015, 05:44:20 AM
Quote from: BentonGrey on July 11, 2015, 07:10:19 PM

Yup,issue 1 of 6 is out.As far as company crossovers go,it was great.

Wasn`t it Star Trek?

Quote from: spydermann93 on July 11, 2015, 09:03:24 PM
The thing I'm most excited about the Batman/TMNT crossover is Batman facing off with the Shredder.

I can't think of many matchups cooler than that!! :D

Was thinking the same! There is no way they'd miss on doing that!

HarryTrotter

Yes,I meant Star Trek.I apologise.
Jon Farmer

SickAlice

^ That. The best SDCC news yesterday where the Turtles announcements imo.

Also read that Mutliversity won out. Good for that and Grant, they did a good job and deserve the praise there like I rambled about earlier.

BentonGrey

God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

HarryTrotter

More news.Upcoming Flash Earth One by Straczynski and Aquaman Earth One by Francis Manapul.
Jon Farmer

Silver Shocker

Ohhh yeah. Batman/TMNT. I fanboyed out.

Actually, my non-comics reading friend immediately asked if Batman would fight Shredder. Giving the description of the book, the ongoing plot of IDW's TMNT, and the way TMNT/Ghostbusters was done, I'm not sure if ol' Shred Head would be in it (not caught up in the current issues).
"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa

JeyNyce

PICK UP JUSTICE LEAGUE 42 IS A MUST FOR ALL DC FANS

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/07/14/tomorrow-another-dc-comics-secret-identity-goes-public-spoilers/

Mind Blown!!  It took DC 75years to finally tell us this.
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

HarryTrotter

Quote from: JeyNyce on July 15, 2015, 02:09:21 AM
PICK UP JUSTICE LEAGUE 42 IS A MUST FOR ALL DC FANS

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/07/14/tomorrow-another-dc-comics-secret-identity-goes-public-spoilers/

Mind Blown!!  It took DC 75years to finally tell us this.

Yeah,about that...
JL 42 does reveal the Jokers name.
Spoiler
But ONLY to Batman.Who comments:But...thats impossible.And Batman does become a god by sitting in Metrons chair.
Jon Farmer

Silver Shocker

Yeah, that's kinda making a mountain out of nothing. Great issue though. I'm still really enjoying JL.

Just read Secret Six #4.

Spoiler
I was on the fence about this new SS volume, but the previous issue's ending reveal of Big Shot as Ralph Dibney (never would have guessed that in a thousand years), and Mockingbird as Riddler (unexpected, but neat), my interest was increased. This issue: oh man! Scandal, Jeanette, and Ragdoll? This is like Gail Simone's love letter to the long time fans! Also, Gail's making me want a chili dog, and some pecan sandies.
"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa

HarryTrotter

But its worth mentioning that Batman obviously knew that person,and it could have been somebody close to him.We probably wont find out who is it,anyway.
Jon Farmer

JeyNyce

Quote from: Silver Shocker on July 16, 2015, 01:11:37 AM
Yeah, that's kinda making a mountain out of nothing. Great issue though. I'm still really enjoying JL.

Just read Secret Six #4.

Spoiler
I was on the fence about this new SS volume, but the previous issue's ending reveal of Big Shot as Ralph Dibney (never would have guessed that in a thousand years), and Mockingbird as Riddler (unexpected, but neat), my interest was increased. This issue: oh man! Scandal, Jeanette, and Ragdoll? This is like Gail Simone's love letter to the long time fans! Also, Gail's making me want a chili dog, and some pecan sandies.

I know, but like you said it was a good issue.  It kind of bugs me a little that even though all of this is taking place in the New 52, I'm reading one issue where Supes is all powerful and Bruce Wayne is Batman, then I pick up another New 52 book and Supes is de-power and Gordon is Batman.  Make up your mind already DC!

HarryTrotter

^Thats their new policy of loose timeline.Everything happens,but not at the same time.JL happens before the changes you mentioned.
Jon Farmer

JeyNyce

Which is kind of a Spoiler if you think about it.  Supes, Bats and WW will make it out ok.  I'm assuming that Bats will forget who the Joker really is because there were mention of it during the events in Batman....(well maybe not because he did say that he was going to rest with his friend at the end) Still, it's annoying.

HarryTrotter

I guess you could split the titles as ones happening pre Convergence (JLA,JL) and post-Convergence ones(Batman,Superman etc).And ones you really cant sort like Bizarro and Bat-Mite.
Jon Farmer

HarryTrotter

www.dccomics.com/blog/2015/07/09/dc-entertainment-provides-new-details-for-dark-knight-iii-the-master-race

More news about Dark Knight 3.Good news is that Brian Azzarello is involved,so this actually has a chance.
Jon Farmer

Silver Shocker

I'm kinda curious if they can manage to redeem that series after the bizarre trainwreck that is Dark Knight Strikes Again. Not planning to pick this up unless I hear good things. Wasn't a big fan of the Dark Knight Returns comic to begin with.
~Rocky Balboa

SickAlice

Really liked Secret Six #4 as well, sorry late to the party. I've had good vibes about that book from the start. Glad to see them pay off. I'm betting this book won't last but it's telling a good story. Speaking of late to the party and I'm sure this was covered here already but...what continuity or time is this new Justice League book supposed to be happening in? I swear I'm reading this and it has no correlation to current events at all more it's like a " in spirit " book or something. Also a ton of grade A movie tie-in stuff happening here. I just don't get it but I missed whatever memo going in. I picked it up thinking it was a renumbered of continuation of the JL I was reading but looking at I don't know what or when it is. Anyone?

HarryTrotter

If your talking about JLA,its happening sometimes in the early days of Justice League,I belive.During the first 5 years or something like that.
Jon Farmer

HarryTrotter

JL 3001 #2- I like how DC has enogh spirit to joke at their own expense.
Im Maxwell Lords,but not the maniac who shot Blue Beetle.Im the nice guy from JLI.
Flash is only here to tie into the TV show.But this one is a girl. :D
Cyborg #1- It just seemed kinda generic.Cyborg strugles with his identity while mysterious aliens are doing mysterious things.
Jon Farmer

SickAlice

Yeah JLA would be the one, the one with the Kryptonian God. It seems like pure pre-modelling for the upcoming film and not anchored in New 52 continuity really. I don't really like it and am probably not going to stay with it.

JeyNyce

The new JLA series would be good if DC go their time line together.  I want to enjoy the story but in the back of my mind, I'm thinking:  When did this happen?  Is this going to affect the rest of the 52?  Where does the heck does this fits in the 52 universe???!!