News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

slime

Started by bearded, April 03, 2010, 12:49:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bearded

what was that comic about the universe covered in slime?  i think it was by starlin, but i'm not sure.  and it wasn't valient, and i don't think it was malibu.

Kenn

The Ultraverse (originally an imprint of Malibu) had a character called Sludge, written by Steve (Howard the Duck) Gerber.
My Amazing Woman - A Romantic Comedy of Super Heroic Proportions.

Also what Lightning Man and Kenn-X have been doing lately.

bearded

that's not it.  it was a strange universe, came out maybe a year after valiant started when creator owned comics were the big thing.  plasm!  it came to me just now while i was thinking how to explain it best.  warriors of plasm.  by jim shooter.
http://www.shooterswork.com/defiant/plasm.htm

Glitch Girl

Wasn't that the comic where an entire issue was made out of trading cards?  I seem to recall something like that in the mid-90's.
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

bearded

that's right.  something like that.  every issue made a part of a complete picture i think.
i've always liked jim shooters work.  what else did he do?  did he do archer and armstrong?

daglob

At one time Shooter was a good, maybe even a great writer. He did a run of Legion stories, Superman, Supergirl, The Avengers, Captain Action, Daredevil, Captain America, Harbingers, Iron Man, Magnus-Robot Fighter, Secret Wars, Star Brand, Solar-Man of the Atom, World's Finest, XO, Archer and Armstrong, and the Iron Avengers issue of What If?