News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Injustice: Gods among us

Started by JeyNyce, May 31, 2012, 03:03:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

captmorgan72

Zod is pretty amazing and his outro makes sense now that I completed his story ending. Still waiting on PSN to update to get the skins.

Edit: All the skins are great. I am really loving Earth 2 Hawkgirl. She reminds me so much of the angelic warriors from the Darksiders games. Her Blackest Night skin is really cool too, has a fallen angel look to it. Earth 2 Grundy looks pretty awesome and to me looks bigger than normal Grundy, but I am sure they used the same model. Man of Steel Superman looks great, can't wait for Man of Steel Zod to get released. I really like the new 52 skins too, they all look great. How about you guys, any of you picking them up?

MJB

I have the season pass so ill get Zod but I doubt I'll get any of the skin packs. While I would love to have some more traditional costumes I have a hard time justifying the $$ for skins only.

BentonGrey

Thanks for the advice guys, that's very helpful!

I've played a bit more, and I LOVED the cutscene battle:
Spoiler
where Aquaman leads the JLA team to sandbag Superman.  Him leading his army of monsters out of the deeps was super cool...but all I kept thinking about was, 'why am I not getting to play any of this?'  Forget about slap fights with Deathstroke, (by the way, don't you love how the logic of the game completely falls apart when he's shooting invulnerable super beings with bullets?) give me control of Aquaman and let me take the fight to the surface world!  That looked like a great time, one that I couldn't be a part of.  I am enjoying this game, but this scene really brought home to me what was missing from the experience.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

BigAl1775

Actually loving Zod more than my go-to, Shazam. But I refuse to give up on Batson. Batgirl, Shazam, Zod, and Grundy are my list of abusers. I play on 360, so pm me if you want my gamertag (so you can kick my ***).
Dreadlok-Officer of Freedom Reborn on DCUO (PC)
              -Founder of Freedom Reborn on Marvel:Contest of Champions (tablet)

captmorgan72

Quote from: BigAl1775 on July 05, 2013, 12:25:08 AM
Actually loving Zod more than my go-to, Shazaam. But I refuse to give up on Batson. Batgirl, Shazaam, Zod, and Grundy are my list of abusers. I play on 360, so pm me if you want my gamertag (so you can kick my ***).
Come on BigAl spell his name right, its Shazam, two a's.  :) wisdom of Solomon, strength of Hercules, endurance of Atlas, power of Zeus, courage of Achilles and speed of Mercury.

bat1987

So from the guy who leaked the first batch of DLC characters, and turned out to be 100% right comes a new leak for season 2 pass
Spoiler

Martian Manhunter, Red Hood, Power Girl, and Sub-Zero. Cool for MM, Red Hood and Power Girl could be cool I guess, but dear lord I hope he is wrong about Sub Zero. Ed Boon did say no more guest characters but who knows...

MJB

So...

Spoiler
Superman type character, Batman related character, Superman type character & another MK ninja. Way to use that diverse DC roster Netherrelm...

Where did you see that, Bat?

Reepicheep

This is a monumental event. For the first time in history, we're seeing a game slowly get usurped by another franchise!

bat1987

Quote from: MJB on July 12, 2013, 05:50:44 AM
So...

Spoiler
Superman type character, Batman related character, Superman type character & another MK ninja. Way to use that diverse DC roster Netherrelm...

Where did you see that, Bat?

I agree about the diversity 100%.
This is where I found the info btw
http://www.testyourmight.com/threads/rumor-second-injustice-dlc-season-pass-leaked.32302/

He used the same method to leak the first season pass characters, really hoping he's wrong this time around.

Tomato

did some reading for the article, and the way he's "discovered" the choices in both dlcs is that he's found initials for each character that he's assuming are the actual initials of the characters (in this case, "mm, rh, pg, and sz"). Putting aside the fact that he used the exact same method before and Rocksteady could just as easily be effing with the initials in the code to mess him up, if the game even uses 2 character codes and two game characters share initials they could just be using random letters for the dlc character.

To be fair though, I think MM and Hood are pretty much locked in. MM's been demanded since the game's release, and Hood won the dlc poll. Imma be ticked if sub-zero is really wasting another slot though, this isn't Mortal Kombat vs DC.

Starman

It'll be very lame if Sub Zero is included since Killer Frost, for all intents and purposes, is his stand in for Injustice.

I'm also not a fan of including Red Hood and Power Girl in the game. I'd rather see Plastic Man or Metamorpho or Animal Man or any other character that is a bit more visually distinctive with unique powers. Oh yeah, throw in The Demon or Swamp Thing, too.

Starman

.... and Martian Manhunter is the next DLC character. A John Stewart skin / voice has also been revealed for Green Lantern  :thumbup:

BigAl1775

Quote from: captmorgan72 on July 06, 2013, 06:23:45 PM
Quote from: BigAl1775 on July 05, 2013, 12:25:08 AM
Actually loving Zod more than my go-to, Shazaam. But I refuse to give up on Batson. Batgirl, Shazaam, Zod, and Grundy are my list of abusers. I play on 360, so pm me if you want my gamertag (so you can kick my ***).
Come on BigAl spell his name right, its Shazam, two a's.  :) wisdom of Solomon, strength of Hercules, endurance of Atlas, power of Zeus, courage of Achilles and speed of Mercury.
I liked it better when they called him Captain Marvel.

Quote from: bat1987 on July 10, 2013, 10:50:27 AM
So from the guy who leaked the first batch of DLC characters, and turned out to be 100% right comes a new leak for season 2 pass
Spoiler

Martian Manhunter, Red Hood, Power Girl, and Sub-Zero. Cool for MM, Red Hood and Power Girl could be cool I guess, but dear lord I hope he is wrong about Sub Zero. Ed Boon did say no more guest characters but who knows...

I can totally be on board for MM and Power Girl (honestly, regardless of what everyone thinks, who doesn't want to see her???) but Hood and SZ  :doh:

bat1987

Martian Manhunter and John Stewart (GL costume and voice changed not new character) in action:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m61-5a85G4w

BentonGrey

MM is definitely a must, and I wouldn't mind Power Girl, as she's a decent character.  Nice video.  J'onn looks good in action, though I'm not crazy about the modern costume.  It's not terrible, but it's not amazing either.  I liked the previous one better.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

captmorgan72

Has John Stewart ever looked like this in a comic before? I remember him with a clean shaven face and with a goatee and shaven head.

captainawesome

Was MM only released for xbox 360 and ps3? It hasn't shown up on the wii u yet.

Starman

Anyone played as Martian Manhunter? Quite a fun, Dhalsim-style character.

Starman

.... and it seems like Zatanna is going to be the next DLC character, judging by Ed Boon's clues. Interesting pick, although I think I would have preferred a big bruiser like Swamp Thing, or Darkseid.

captmorgan72

Quote from: Starman on August 02, 2013, 11:41:08 PM
Anyone played as Martian Manhunter? Quite a fun, Dhalsim-style character.
Yep, I'm a fan of MMH. One of the few who can take out Superman without magic or kryptonite.

BentonGrey

That's cool.  I'm very pleasantly surprised to see Zatanna...though her...*ahem* 'decolletage' is a tad much in this design.  Still, it is really cool to see the classic costume, and a lot of her moves look perfect.  It's weird seeing her slapping Grundy around with her bare hands, though.
God Bless

captmorgan72

Quote from: BentonGrey on August 08, 2013, 04:26:33 PM
That's cool.  I'm very pleasantly surprised to see Zatanna...though her...*ahem* 'decolletage' is a tad much in this design.  Still, it is really cool to see the classic costume, and a lot of her moves look perfect.  It's weird seeing her slapping Grundy around with her bare hands, though.
I had to look up decolletage to see what Benton meant, but I personally disagree. I for one will never say a woman's decolletage is a tad much, it can never be too much.:) I like Zatanna, but she just looks really strange fighting like a martial art expert. Is she one? I don't really keep up with the character.

BentonGrey

Haha, I'm not complaining about her...shall we say, 'attributes,' merely their somewhat excessive display.   ;)  Characters like Zatanna, Black Canary, and Catwoman, whose costumes are already sexy don't really need to be made hyper-sexualized, in my opinion.  It's one of the reasons I don't much care for the modern 'suit-almost-falling-off-it's-open-so-wide' version of Catwoman.  It's unnecessary and looks tawdry, rather than just confident...but I suppose that's neither really here nor there in reference to the game.

Yeah, she's supposed to have some hand-to-hand skills.  I think Batman trained her a bit, but she's really not a martial artist.  This is one of the problems with a fighting game adaptation of super heroes.
God Bless

BigAl1775

Quote from: BentonGrey on August 09, 2013, 12:48:00 AM
Haha, I'm not complaining about her...shall we say, 'attributes,' merely their somewhat excessive display.   ;)  Characters like Zatanna, Black Canary, and Catwoman, whose costumes are already sexy don't really need to be made hyper-sexualized, in my opinion.  It's one of the reasons I don't much care for the modern 'suit-almost-falling-off-it's-open-so-wide' version of Catwoman.  It's unnecessary and looks tawdry, rather than just confident...but I suppose that's neither really here nor there in reference to the game.

I would dare say though, everyone looks  ;)

Tomato

Eh... while I agree with Benton with regards with Catwoman's neckline (the original version of jim lee's design did not have the neckline so ludicrously low, and I prefer how it looked then) because it serves no practical function, Zatanna's skimpy outfit never really bugged me all that much. Catwoman's outfit is supposed to have practical function, both in combat and in sneaking around. Zatanna's outfit, on the other hand, is 100% for show. She might work with the JLA every so often, but her day job is as a stage magician... and her outfit is designed for the sole purpose of getting a rise from an audience.

That being said... if she picked that outfit out knowing she was going to have to fight solomon grundy, she's an idiot. And not even because of the low cut top, but because of that piece of string I guess is supposed to be a thong.

Starman

She looks cool ... it's a good Injustice take on her "classic" costume. It was never going to look identical to the comics.

Speaking of costumes, I wonder when they are going to release more? A few characters, like Black Adam, Sinestro and Killer Frost, haven't got any yet. I'm also hanging out for Green Arrow's feather-in-cap costume. I would have expected alternate costumes to be more heavily focused on than new DLC characters.

captmorgan72

Starman

Zatanna is pretty good to play, and I also like how Cyborg Superman has his own voice and battle ending, so he's not just a skin.

captmorgan72

Quote from: Starman on August 15, 2013, 03:01:37 AM
Zatanna is pretty good to play, and I also like how Cyborg Superman has his own voice and battle ending, so he's not just a skin.
His own battle ending? He has Superman's battle ending, not sure what you are talking about.