News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

The Marvel Thread

Started by Previsionary, December 24, 2008, 11:48:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

murs47

Oh wow, I was not expecting that. I can see why you're wary of the concept. But, I think under Remender it should be good.

detourne_me

As long as Bendis stays the heck away it will be good.
Honestly I can't believe I'm still buying Uncanny and All New.
In the time its taken Bendis to get...anywhere with his plot, or advance Cyclops' storyline, both Aaron and Remender had already accomplished so much with their runs on Uncanny X-Force and Wolverine and the X-Men.

JeyNyce

Sounds interesting,but I won't be picking it up because I'm a little worn out, mentally, from all of Marvel big events.  There was Original Sin, which brings the new Captain America and Thor and the effects are still rippling throughout the MU, then there's the Spider-Verse.  There's so much going on that sometimes I just want to sit down and read a self contain one-shot story.
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

murs47

Quote from: detourne_me on September 19, 2014, 03:46:18 PM
As long as Bendis stays the heck away it will be good.
Honestly I can't believe I'm still buying Uncanny and All New.
In the time its taken Bendis to get...anywhere with his plot, or advance Cyclops' storyline, both Aaron and Remender had already accomplished so much with their runs on Uncanny X-Force and Wolverine and the X-Men.

Agreed. Very much agreed. I like the characters and all, but jeez louise, do something already, Bendis.

Quote from: JeyNyce on September 19, 2014, 03:50:59 PM
Sounds interesting,but I won't be picking it up because I'm a little worn out, mentally, from all of Marvel big events.  There was Original Sin, which brings the new Captain America and Thor and the effects are still rippling throughout the MU, then there's the Spider-Verse.  There's so much going on that sometimes I just want to sit down and read a self contain one-shot story.

Ya, I don't blame you. Especially because Original Sin was so underwhelming.

SickAlice

Wow, NA#34 didn't pull any punches now did it? I don't know where to begin and I mean that literally.

murs47

Quote from: SickAlice on September 29, 2014, 03:25:58 AM
Wow, NA#34 didn't pull any punches now did it? I don't know where to begin and I mean that literally.

Dr. Doom...so boss.

But yes, New Avengers #24 and Avengers #35 are an epic opening for this "8 months later..." story. I also wouldn't know where to begin.

JeyNyce

BentonGrey

God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

SickAlice

* shrug * Honestly, and I think Robinson's run is decent if not heavy handed and disregards continuity, but F4 has been on the lamb for the past decade or more with the exceptions of Jim Lee's Heroes Reborn and Hickman's run. If it wasn't one thing it would be another ending this volume. Personally I think Dr.Doom is traveling outside continuity into the real world and sabotaging the series to spite Reed. Hey don't giggle, he's actually done it already canon and everything.

JeyNyce

Quote from: SickAlice on October 05, 2014, 10:27:22 PM
* shrug * Honestly, and I think Robinson's run is decent if not heavy handed and disregards continuity, but F4 has been on the lamb for the past decade or more with the exceptions of Jim Lee's Heroes Reborn and Hickman's run. If it wasn't one thing it would be another ending this volume. Personally I think Dr.Doom is traveling outside continuity into the real world and sabotaging the series to spite Reed. Hey don't giggle, he's actually done it already canon and everything.

And kids think only Deadpool can break the 4th wall.... :D

SickAlice

Note to whomever it concerns. Don't read the 4th issue of Edge Of Spider-verse right before bedtime. Page after page of nightmare fuel that issue is.

SickAlice

JeyNyce

It's about time.  I will be picking this one up

daglob

Hmmmm... I'm thinking....

spydermann93

Huh, Squirrel Girl and I are both Computer Science majors.

Quote from: Comic Vine InterviewCV: Squirrel Girl's going to be going to college now. What kind of classes will she be taking?

Ryan North: There's actually a conversation about this in the first issue! She and Tippy-Toe (her squirrel friend) are talking, and Tippy is APPALLED that she'd go to college and not study squirrels. And Squirrel Girl explains that she ALREADY knows all about squirrels! She's SQUIRREL GIRL. Why would she go to college to study what she already knows?

Anyway, this is all to say: she's studying computer science.

Interesting :P

JeyNyce

Quote from: spydermann93 on October 08, 2014, 09:19:25 PM
Huh, Squirrel Girl and I are both Computer Science majors.

Quote from: Comic Vine InterviewCV: Squirrel Girl's going to be going to college now. What kind of classes will she be taking?

Ryan North: There's actually a conversation about this in the first issue! She and Tippy-Toe (her squirrel friend) are talking, and Tippy is APPALLED that she'd go to college and not study squirrels. And Squirrel Girl explains that she ALREADY knows all about squirrels! She's SQUIRREL GIRL. Why would she go to college to study what she already knows?

Anyway, this is all to say: she's studying computer science.

Interesting :P

She is going to be Tony Starks assistance and she will become IRON SQUIRREL!  :thumbup:

crimsonquill

One of MARVEL's upcoming big events of 2015 was just teased at NYCC and it looks like we are getting a sequel to SECRET WARS after all merged with CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS at the same time.

Personally, I just saved that image and planning to make it my menu screen for Freedom Force because it looks like something out of our FF modding dreams doesn't it? LOL

- CQ
"He said let there be light... CLICK! It was a lightbulb. And It was good."

SickAlice

Nice art. I would totally make that wallpaper for the month if this one didn't already take the spot.

JeyNyce

Another Secret Wars?  And what is American Dream doing there?  Isn't she from the future/ Alternate Universe?

crimsonquill

Quote from: JeyNyce on October 10, 2014, 07:59:03 PM
Another Secret Wars?  And what is American Dream doing there?  Isn't she from the future/ Alternate Universe?

Rumors are that MARVEL is planning a CRISIS of their very own to merge the Ultimate Universe, MC2, 2099, Earth X, Old Man Logan, New Universe, and various others into a single universe to clean house and undo some damage along the way. Secret Wars is part of that by having the Beyonder return and this time he decides to play fanboy by bringing versions of heroes and villains from every alternate timeline together to see which is the better version. All of these "big event" stories are aftershocks of messing around with time travel and crossing over into alternate universes which ends with the birth of a new universe. Least that is what the rumors coming from NYCC are saying.

- CQ

JeyNyce

Quote from: crimsonquill on October 10, 2014, 08:27:00 PM

Rumors are that MARVEL is planning a CRISIS of their very own to merge the Ultimate Universe, MC2, 2099, New Universe, and various others into a single universe to clean house and undo some damage along the way. Secret Wars is part of that by having the Beyonder return and this time he decides to play fanboy by bringing versions of heroes and villains from every alternate timeline together to see which is the better version. All of these "big event" stories are aftershocks of messing around with time travel and crossing over into alternate universes which ends with the birth of a new universe. Least that is what the rumors coming from NYCC are saying.

- CQ

In other words...
A way to bring back Cap, Thor, Wolverine and anybody else we may have screwed over.  Gotcha! ;)

SickAlice

As of the events of Age Of Ultron time and space where badly damaged. The result has lead to various characters from different timelines/realities bumping into each other as has been the ongoing theme in...well pretty much every Marvel NOW! book since the lines stated shipping with that header.

Speaking of alternate realities I just read ASM#7 and...
Spoiler
After the seeing Spider-man and his Amazing Friends (the cartoons designation is Earth-8107) brutally murdered right in front of Ms.Lion I'm pretty sure part of my own actually died too. I didn't realize " killing my childhood " could come to pass in such a literal sense. Words escape me past this.

President Raygun

Quote from: crimsonquill on October 10, 2014, 08:27:00 PM

Rumors are that MARVEL is planning a CRISIS of their very own to merge the Ultimate Universe, MC2, 2099, New Universe, and various others into a single universe to clean house and undo some damage along the way. Secret Wars is part of that by having the Beyonder return and this time he decides to play fanboy by bringing versions of heroes and villains from every alternate timeline together to see which is the better version. All of these "big event" stories are aftershocks of messing around with time travel and crossing over into alternate universes which ends with the birth of a new universe. Least that is what the rumors coming from NYCC are saying.

- CQ

I'm actually pretty excited about this one. Has anybody else noticed Dr. Zero, from Epic's Shadowline saga? Never thought I'd see that guy again. Hopefully they'll find a way to include the Malibu/ Ultraverse characters in this, a few of those had potential. Heck at this point I'd settle for some Strikeforce Morituri, or Nth Man the ultimate ninja.

daglob

Quote from: SickAlice on October 10, 2014, 11:34:48 PM
As of the events of Age Of Ultron time and space where badly damaged. The result has lead to various characters from different timelines/realities bumping into each other as has been the ongoing theme in...well pretty much every Marvel NOW! book since the lines stated shipping with that header.

Speaking of alternate realities I just read ASM#7 and...
Spoiler
After the seeing Spider-man and his Amazing Friends (the cartoons designation is Earth-8107) brutally murdered right in front of Ms.Lion I'm pretty sure part of my own actually died too. I didn't realize " killing my childhood " could come to pass in such a literal sense. Words escape me past this.

I've been having this feeling for years.

Podmark

Secret Wars intrigues me. Haven't read much except that it's by Jonathan Hickman current writer of Avengers and New Avengers, so one would presume that it's the finale of his run. His run has largely been about alternate universes colliding with the main MU, which fits that image to a tee.
Most exciting for me is that there are several MC2 characters depicted. I'd love to see them in action again!
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

detourne_me

I see Ghost Rider 2099, I am happy, too.
Interesting to point out that there are no x-men in that teaser.

crimsonquill

Fantastic Four and X-Men are oddly absent from all Marvel comic promotions because of that stupid feud in upper management between Disney and FOX. The Fantastic FourEVER storyline occurs just before SECRET WARS which ends the team and introduces a storyline which crosses thru Fantastic Four and X-Men called "No More Mutants" which was previewed at NYCC with a promotional painting of Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch standing in some kind of spotlight looking like they were cornered by something or somebody. Looks like MARVEL has their own event planned for those titles which ties into the new universe reboot.

- CQ

SickAlice

Weird. I'm reading the promotional stuff for the X-Men comics from NYCC right now. Maybe the journalist who originally shared that notion jumped the starting gun a little?

crimsonquill

Quote from: SickAlice on October 12, 2014, 03:32:32 PM
Weird. I'm reading the promotional stuff for the X-Men comics from NYCC right now. Maybe the journalist who originally shared that notion jumped the starting gun a little?

This is what I found on Newsarama so far about the art and newsfeed about the image itself:

QuoteFriday morning at the conclusion of Marvel's "Retailer Exclusive: Meet MARVEL!" panel at New York Comic Con, the publisher posted a teaser slide featuring artwork showing the sibling mutants Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch caught in a red-ish spotlight with the title "No More Mutants" behind them with the date January 2015, according to a retailer in attendance who supplied us the image.

The artwork appears to be by Daniel Acuna, who recently completed a run on Uncanny Avengers – also starring the Scarlet Witch.

We caught up with X-Men executive editor Mike Marts at NYCC and asked about the teaser and he assured us his corner of the Marvel Universe isn't going away.

"No More Mutants" isn't even an X-Men event, but an Avengers story, he told us. The story is "growing out of the events of [their current event] Axis," according to Marvel editor and Senior Vice President of Publishing Tom Brevoort, who was also on hand to clarify.

Marts went on to also reassure fans that the X-Men are even "massively involved" in the spring and summer 2015 event Secret Wars announced Thursday night, despite the lack of mutants in the Alex Ross image that was released with the news.

- CQ