Top 5 favorite video games of all time!

Started by electro, February 02, 2010, 06:42:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Podmark

First person games give me killer headaches. I'll play them but only if I really like them or I'm playing multiplayer with my buddy.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Courtnall6

First Person games never gave me headaches or motion sickness. I just always prefered to see the character I'm using.

It always annoyed me that a game company would put all that time and money into designing their main playable character...only to never really see him/her...aside from ingame cinematics and the cover of the game.

Games like Crysis or TimeShift...where the main characters are fantastically rendered and detailed...should have had a 3rd person option so you can actually see that work. I wonder how many hundreds of sketches their art departments must have done to get to those final designs....
Clothes make the man and colourful tights make the Super-Hero.

electro

I agree with yall on the 3rd person view- I never really understood that view for shooters because if you run around with a gun you wouldn't ever really notice it until you aimed so having it stuck at eye level to the bottom right corner of the screen all the time doesn't make much since - Might as well have a character there instead or at least the option to move the camera around ala Fallout - I have had arguments with friends on this topic - Some say they like first person view because it makes them feel more submerged in the game like "There really the character" - Where for me I like to be the "God of the character" :blink:

bat1987

No particular order

Mafia
Half Life
Metal gear Solid
GTA 4
Bioshock

Honorable mentions : Arkham asylum, devil may cry, splinter cell, kotor, mass effect,street fighter

darkphoenixII

1) Final Fantasy VII (Yeah, well. :P)
2) Tomb Raider Anniversary
3) Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance (and yes, I DID like Raiden)
4) Tekken 3
5) Xenosaga: Zer Wille Der Macht
Dark Phoenix: You once told Jean Grey that the greatest joy a teacher has is to be surpassed by his own pupil. Enjoy!
Professor Xavier: In the battlefield of the mind, my will shall prevail!
DP: Do you really think your puny mind is a match for mine? The conceit of you humans! The arrogance!

Zippo

1) Super Smash Bros Brawl
2) Resident Evil 4
3) No More Heroes (1 and 2)
4) Killer 7
5) The Golden Sun Series.