News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Batman: Arkham City

Started by Midnite, December 24, 2008, 05:01:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Midnite

Gremlin

The voice acting really makes this pop! I'm so stoked for this! I hope my PC can handle it...

Glitch Girl

Same here.  I noticed that both Conroy and Hamil changed their delivery slightly to suit the mood of the game, and it works so well.

I usually don't go for the stealth twitch games, but I may have to make an exception in this case.
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

Gremlin

Quote from: Glitch Girl on January 30, 2009, 03:01:37 PM
Same here.  I noticed that both Conroy and Hamil changed their delivery slightly to suit the mood of the game, and it works so well.

Hamil seems a shade darker than usual, but I chalked it up to the subtle influence of Heath Ledger; I didn't notice anything different in Conroy's performance. Last thing I heard him in was Gotham Knight, which was itself darker than TAS. Do you think it's tone or time?

Uncle Yuan

Have I mentioned before how much I'm looking forward to this game?
"But there's no use crying over every mistake
You just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake
And the science gets done, and you make a neat gun
For the people who are still alive."

UnkoMan

I hope the gameplay lives up to how incredibly awesome this looks... I'm going to have to break down and get a current gen system, I think. Hey PS3, what's up?

Midnite

Quote from: UnkoMan on March 07, 2009, 08:57:13 PM
I hope the gameplay lives up to how incredibly awesome this looks... I'm going to have to break down and get a current gen system, I think. Hey PS3, what's up?

There's a PS3 rumour, that it will drop to $300 in April.

Gremlin

Not much, Unko, just crying myself to sleep again over how much better than 360 is than I could ever be.

thalaw2

So....I must might have to tell my sister to keep her boyfriend a little bit longer....so I can go home this summer and play this on his X360.
革命不会被电视转播

BWPS

Quote from: Gremlin on March 08, 2009, 05:37:00 AM

Not much, Unko, just crying myself to sleep again over how much better than 360 is than I could ever be.
Name one way that the 360 is better than the PS3. (Please don't use invalid arguments from 2 years ago)

Here are 5 reasons that the PS3 is better than the 360:
BluRay
No monthly fee for online gaming!
MGS4
LittleBigPlanet
Prettier (opinion, I know)
Controller doesn't suck and the D-Pad is usable
I apologize in advance for everything I say on here. I regret it immediately after clicking post.

Uncle Yuan

Quote from: BWPS on March 08, 2009, 02:32:27 PM
Quote from: Gremlin on March 08, 2009, 05:37:00 AM

Name one way that the 360 is better than the PS3. (Please don't use invalid arguments from 2 years ago)

Here are 5 reasons that the PS3 is better than the 360:
BluRay
No monthly fee for online gaming!
MGS4
LittleBigPlanet
Prettier (opinion, I know)
Controller doesn't suck and the D-Pad is usable

I only have a 360 (so I can't compare them head-to-head), and I'm not super-passionate about it beyond the fact that I like it, but how about:

$$$$ - I can buy several cool games for the difference in price between the two systems
Netflix on-line (Movie selection is somewhat limited now, but CDs are dying tech and it's only a matter of time before we stream everything)

BWPS

I understand about the money thing, but for me the BluRay player and big HD makes it a better value.
But a 360 with even a 20gb HDD is $300. And you can't play anything online without one.
PSStore has an online movie rental thing as well, of course it's also extremely limited.
I'm not saying that the 360 doesn't have anything up on the PS3, but I definitely don't think there's much of an argument to make that the 360 is better than the PS3.

Also Batman Arkham Asylum still looks sweet. Sorry for the derail.
I apologize in advance for everything I say on here. I regret it immediately after clicking post.

Uncle Yuan

clownprince

electro

For $300 you get the 60 gig rig now unless you get suckered into getting an old machine & soon it will be bundled with Resident Evil 5 till about August i think - Anyway I have never been more happy with a gamming machine in my life - Microsoft pulled out all the stops for us fans by giving us exclusive only titles or titles that we get months in advance before PS3 where allowed to have them - Not to mention exclusive downloads for certain games that PS3 owners never had the chance to get - Secound I love the controller except the D-Pad but who uses that in this day n' age & it has Rumble which didn't seem like a big deal till I started playing my PS3 for the first time & realized that it was sourly missed when trying to fire guns etc... - Third is Achievments which is gimmicky but, when playing online battle games it's nice to actually have something to accomplish while laying waste to your enemies & let's say that the same game does come out on the same day for both Systems, I would unltimatly get the 360 version over my PS3 version simply for the achievments & for the nice headset so I can smack talk all the babies online with my Brother - Forth paying a one time fee a year for 13 months of X-Box live is no problem at all because it has ensured all the exclusive or early titles that i'm enjoying - Fifth reason is you can't beat the ease to navigate friends, market place & ease to talk to others with the Machine - Last is I got tired of paying 25 to 30 bucks for blueray movie when this format will be dead soon because of the ease of streaming videos now - So I said Audios to the Japanese machine 7 months back & havn't regretted it since - With hype like I just spit Microsoft should give me a year supply of live LoL :blink:

The Phantom Eyebrow

Console Wars, Hoo-Ray!   :P

They're both excellent consoles, both with plenty to recommend them.  In the end it was the build quality and the Blu Ray what swung it for me.

On topic, the game itself looks quitepromising I m ust admit; I do have something of a backlog to get through but this one is bubbling under on my radar.  So to speak. 

Glitch Girl

I missed it, is there a release date yet? 
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

Uncle Yuan

Quote from: Glitch Girl on March 09, 2009, 07:45:05 PM

6/9/09  Gamestop (and many others. I'm sure) is taking pre-orders.  This is only the second game I have ever pre-ordered . . .

Gremlin

Quote from: Uncle Yuan on March 09, 2009, 09:44:23 PM
Quote from: Glitch Girl on March 09, 2009, 07:45:05 PM

6/9/09  Gamestop (and many others. I'm sure) is taking pre-orders.  This is only the second game I have ever pre-ordered . . .

Next month? Really? AWESOME. :thumbup:

EDIT: 3 =/= 5  I'm a freaking moron. :banghead:

Uncle Yuan

docdelorean88

I'm really hoping the grappling hook is used more than when you need to enter vents, pipes, etc
"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"

Gremlin

Uncle Yuan

Quote from: docdelorean88 on March 14, 2009, 12:45:56 AM
I'm really hoping the grappling hook is used more than when you need to enter vents, pipes, etc
Like snagging bad guys and yanking them off of catwalks?

docdelorean88

That and Swing through the air! haha. After i posted that i remebered that he did that! I'm not sure i like the bats as targets when usinga batarang, but then again, i don't mind it in lego batman so i suppose it shouldn't be so different than that.
"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"

TheMarvell

ahh the console wars...

For me, it all boils down to the games, and in my humble opinion, the 360 has way better exclusives than PS3. The PS3 does have really solid titles, but for me, MGS4 is pretty much the only game that makes me want one, and God of War 3 whenever that comes out. But I can't really justify purchasing a PS3 for 2 games I really want, not when compared to like the 10 or so that I wanted on 360 (Halo 3, Mass Effect, Lost Odyssey, Too Human, Gears of War, etc).

But there's no debate when it comes to hardware. PS3 wins hands down, and that's not just because it has blu-ray. I've had three, yes THREE, 360's crap out on me (only one getting RROD), which is completely unacceptable. PS3 failure rates aren't nearly as high. When it comes to the controller, I think the 360's is slightly better with the exception of the crappy d-pad. I don't really like the trigger buttons on the PS3 because they aren't really shaped like triggers, and therefore your fingers can slide off them easily, but that's a small gripe.

In the end, it's the games that matter to me.