Da Glob's Skin-A-Rama 06/19/20-Work in Progress

Started by daglob, January 01, 2009, 05:23:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BentonGrey

Ahh, I knew it was him; I don't know why I hedged. :P
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

martialstorm

Brilliant Daglob, I love Miss Thing and your normal Thing is excellent too! Also great capturing of Steve Rudes style on the Hulk, I'm a big fan if his work.

I'm not sure who the male character is, T first I thought he might be Ben Grimm in mid transformation but still very well done!

windblown

daglob

This is  a more-or-less finished Monk Mayfair. I decided that he was not one to wear a "monkey suit" when he was in action. So he has taken off his coat and torn off his dress shirt, and is ready to fight. Renny I'm going to put on Male Muscular tall and have him wear khakis, boots, and a plaid shirt. Ham, Johnny, and Long Tom will probably be in suits. Is there a way to skinny-up one of the Male Suits?

Morbane's Mk II and the promised pictures of the female agents.

Cyber Burn

I wonder when Symon needs the female agents by, I would really like to re-do the skopes for them.

BigD

Amazing :thumbup:! I really like what you did so far with your characters :D, and furthermore they all look fantastic ^_^. Keep up the good work ;)!

BigD
:cool:

Symon

You've plenty of time guys. I have lot's of work to do on this one. Still have to battle road grids.
"You fertility deities are worse than Marxists," he said. "You think that's all that goes on between people."

Roger Zelazny, Lord of Light. 1971.

daglob

WIP of Renny and Ham. Renny ended up on a TV mesh, with the overall size increased and the hands slightly enlarged (and at least the hands weren't re-sized by the keyframes). Ham is on a PV mesh, although I might try a body transplant from Male Suit w/Guns. I wanted the sword manuevers (just wish I could get rid of the crossguard).

This is on Male Muscular Tall, but I'm thinking of putting him on either Renegade's or Grenedier's Superman. I tried to do this from memory, and have a few things wrong (but now have reference material, so...)

BentonGrey

DG, these are all looking really fantastic!  The Demon minions are pretty great looking, but of course, I only have eyes for Doc Savage's crew.

Monk looks fantastic.  You've done some really nice detail work on his face and the hair and everything.  I definitely agree that he's not the type to go into a fight in a suit, that's Ham, after all.  Nope, the suspenders are the perfect look for him.  Those pant cuffs might be troublesome though, as they give me fits in FF2.  They won't lighten properly if the mesh needs to be brightened.  If the mesh doesn't need it, it's fine, however, if it does, there is no way I've found to edit their light emissions. 

Johnny is coming along absolutely fabulously.  You've got the puritanical face, the enlarged fists, and I love the jodhpurs!  I'm liking Ham, but yeah, if you could find a thinner body and retain the keys, that would be ideal.  Perhaps one of our resident skopers, like CB, could help you with the sword troubles?  I've always sort of pictured Ham with a pencil-thin mustache, though there is no indication for such in the books. :)

I found these just now, and they might be of some help to you as references.  They seem like nice illustrations of the characters:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-xzTgXp5voL4/TfktgIbgx0I/AAAAAAAABA0/EUSd98ZJ9eE/s1600/docsavage1.jpg
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120709140949/marvel_dc/images/1/11/Doc_Savage_Vol_3_18.jpg
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

Cyber Burn

Quote from: Symon on June 21, 2013, 06:35:27 AM
You've plenty of time guys. I have lot's of work to do on this one. Still have to battle road grids.

That works since I'm out of town for the time being.

Not sure who the other characters are, but they look well done.

As for helping you with your skope, I may not always succeed, but I'm always willing to try.

martialstorm

Love 'em Daglob! Great work especially on 'X' !

daglob

Something else for Benton. I believe I am going to change the belly plates to fit the musculature a bit more.

BigD

That lizard man with the knife and everything else is oh so cool :cool:, and furthermore it's so awesome :thumbup:. I know you mentioned when you said something about "Something else for Benton.", and if it's for Benton himself I hope it will come out well in the form of a finished version. I hope you make the final finishing touches on the lizard man, and I hope everyone will enjoy as much as you do with everyone else. Keep up the good work daglob, and I hope that you will bring us more of your weird, wacky, interesting and yet coolest characters to life form your own ideas ^_^. Until we meet again, peace out and I'll CUL8TR ;).

BigD

P.S. Don't mind me putting your name in bold size 18pt comic sans MS pink letters font, because I'm doing that on a count that you have a cool avatar picture of a pink alien guy wearing a green suit :mellow:.

Cyber Burn

Loving the texture and facial work on this one, very well done. Also, just out of curiosity, is that Spydermann's skope?

daglob

It is Spydermann's, and it is quite nice.

Maybe nothing will happen for the next few days and I can do more work on it.

And Doc Savage's crew,

and...

BigD

Oh okay ^_^, I didn't realize it was Spydermann's and above all it is quite nice and furthermore it's awesome. I also noticed that you were gonna work on Doc Savage's crew, along with some other projects and some other things. Oh about telling you about that lizard man was yours that was my mistake :mellow:, and :doh: my bad :rolleyes:. Like I said, keep up the good work for the others such as Spydermann plus everyone else daglob and I hope you bring us more weird, wacky yet cool and interesting characters to us from the wonderful world of Character Obscura. Oh about your message at the end saying "and...", what do you mean by and...? Is it because you're holding out on a surprise project you're working on, or is it because it's a special character that you're working on as a secret project. Please let me know about it when you get the chance, and I hope you will impress us with more great stuff :). Check ya later dude ;)!

BigD

spydermann93

Wow! That looks amazing, DaGlob!

I'm really loving how that's turning out :thumbup:

daglob

Sorry, Big D, but the 'and' was just to indicate that I have a lot of stuff I really need to finish and release. To that end, I've been trying to get some help on some scopes that have been just sitting on my hard drive taking up space. Hopefully, I can get them finished and actually release them. Then I need to color correct my base skin and finish some other stuff.

Okay, a lot of other stuff.

I also need to break down and do the readme files or something. I have a Bizarro TAS and Zibarro on my flash drive, and I just haven't done the rm files for them.

It's this whole working thing; it's serously cutting into my free time...

BigD

:blink: Oh sorry :doh:, my bad :rolleyes:! Plus, my apologies as well daglob and I still hope you will amaze us with more stuff including the Bizarro TAS (The Animated Series version) and the Zibarro whenever you get the chance of getting to them when you have the spare time :mellow:. Again, sorry about the mistakes I mad in my messages to you along with the :P confusion :P and I promise that I will take the time to allow you and everyone else to finish everything you need to do at your own pace and time ^_^. Hope you get everything done, and above all keep up the good work ;).

BigD

daglob

Amazo Version 2.2

its always enjoyable seeing what youre working on, you never know what youre going to see.
For anyone, and everyone, who has ever done anything to improve the FF/FFvs3R gaming experience, I want to say thank you. Life is so short, and you have all brought me so much joy. I hope that one day, I am somehow able to return the kindness and generosity that all of you have shown.

BentonGrey

Haha, excellent DG!  He looks positively frightening!
God Bless

daglob

So, despite having hordes of skins I haven't released, I'm still working on new stuff.

We have been needing these. I have, however, no interst in Blip.

billdamn22

BigD

Nevermind about Blip daglob :lol:, I would be better off with Jan and Jayce from the HANNA BARBERA classic Space Ghost and furthermore I think you're right in not having any interest in doing Blip anyway :mellow:. Besides, it would be hard to figure out how to design Blip on a mesh such as TAP43's Monkey Man hexed mesh in the form of mm_detective chimp and it would be hard to perfect it on that mesh and try to get the reference from an image of Blip himself by trying to make a skin of him and make him into the form of a designed skin on that certain mesh :mellow:. Anyways, who needs blip and if you wanna use a mesh for the character Blip from Space Ghost such as the one I mentioned mm_detective chimp go ahead and use the one monkey in the blue uniform but not the one in green use the green one for something else ^_^. Oh one more I forgot to tell you, great job on Jan and Jayce from Space Ghost daglob and I hope you bring us some more great yet weird, wacky and yet interesting characters to the wonderful world of character obscura :thumbup:. Peace out my friends including you daglob, and I will see you soon ;).

BigD

P.S. In case you wondering what I'm trying to talk about the monkey in the blue uniform along with the green monkey themselves, I'm leaving you a picture link of them if you are signed up to the following group underneath the Photos section image link which is above below this message so you'll know what I'm talking about :D. One more thing, Bill I just got notified about you saying both Jan and Jayce are awesome but Blip is a necessity and you might be right on that one for sure :).

Chimps
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TAP43skins/photos/album/404954083/pic/138880609/view?picmode=&mode=tn&order=ordinal&start=1&count=20&dir=asc

Image from the link above is from TAP43Skins at the Yahoo Group via the link below
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/TAP43skins/

daglob

I've been looking at SCD's chimp and wondering how a "realistic" Blip would look.

So, there's these:

I've been thinking of re-skinnig my avatar, and SCD's beautiful new version has goaded me into doing it. This would be the Bronze-Age Glob, while SCD's would be the Modern Age version. The other guy is a British charactrer called Paradax. The concept is that a normal, beer-swilling slob gets superpowers: what happens? Never read a story about him, but the costume and all intrigue me.

Both are still works in porgress.

Amazo Version 2.2

as always daglob, great stuff, i am definitiely a fan of your work.
For anyone, and everyone, who has ever done anything to improve the FF/FFvs3R gaming experience, I want to say thank you. Life is so short, and you have all brought me so much joy. I hope that one day, I am somehow able to return the kindness and generosity that all of you have shown.

martialstorm

Spaaaaaaaaaacccccccee Ghhhooooosssssssst! Love it Daglob  :thumbup:

BigD

Ditto martialstorm :thumbup:! Ditto ^_^! Also daglob, I like it and love it plus the way martialstorm said it like in the intro to the old HANNA BARBERA cartoon of SPACE GHOST ^_^. Keep up the good work everyone :). CUL8TR ;)!

BigD