News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

M25 AI Without FFX

Started by spydermann93, June 04, 2012, 05:20:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spydermann93

Hello,

This may sound like a silly question, but is there any way to have the M25AI tool available for the original Freedom Force v. The Third Reich WITHOUT any of the additions that FFX adds?

The primary reason as to why I am asking this is so that I can play the original game with an improved AI.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Previsionary

Disappear when you least expe--

spydermann93

That's alright. I'll make do.

Thanks for the help, though :)

stumpy

Actually, this may not be exactly what you are trying to do, but it sounds very doable, given a little tinkering, possibly as little as 10 or 20 minutes.

The FFX 3.x mod is mostly IG's FFvt3R campaign with some of the heroes and villains modified with FFX attributes and a few power swaps. So, you can make a copy of the FFX3 mod and go through the heroes and powers in the mod using FFEdit2 to reset them so that they have the IG settings. That's doing it by hand, but it wouldn't be that hard either. And, it may be doable by just merging the original characters and powers DATs in you new mod. I think that would work and it would only take a few minutes, but I haven't tested it. Then, when you play the mod, the AI would still run, but the characters would be as they were in the original game.

You might also have to run the Control Centre (for the new mod) and then maybe the AI configuration Rumble Room sessions (I forget what they're called) as well.

Anyway, give it a shot and see if it works.
Courage is knowing it might hurt, and doing it anyway. Stupidity is the same. And that's why life is hard. - Jeremy Goldberg

spydermann93