STAR WARS: Episode VII - The Force Awakens

Started by Shogunn2517, November 06, 2014, 08:51:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shogunn2517

BentonGrey

As I've said before, all that I really know about this, as I'm trying not to get too invested, is that Mark Hamill is playing Luke Skywalker again.  It's difficult to express how awesome that is.  I really hope they take full advantage of that fact.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Shogunn2517

Quote from: BentonGrey on November 06, 2014, 10:18:43 PM
As I've said before, all that I really know about this, as I'm trying not to get too invested, is that Mark Hamill is playing Luke Skywalker again.  It's difficult to express how awesome that is.  I really hope they take full advantage of that fact.

From what I'm hearing of what they're going to do, I don't know how audiences will react... but it will be interesting to see.

BentonGrey

God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

Talavar

I want to get excited for this, but I'm not really a fan of JJ Abrams for the most part, and we've been burned before....

Glitch Girl

-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

Reepicheep

SickAlice

Quote from: Kommando on November 08, 2014, 05:30:20 PM
I'm attempting to avoid the hype and more importantly the Fandom Menace. I'll just quietly slip in a theater when it plays and then never discuss it with anyone after that. Much better that way.

Lmao!

Cyber Burn

So far, not impressed. I'm just hoping that this isn't as bad as the last set of films.

BWPS

I apologize in advance for everything I say on here. I regret it immediately after clicking post.

SickAlice

Finally watched it. I'm not going to say the idea that a new Star Wars nor the details thus far aren't exciting whether that's in a giddy or apprehensive way, but just of the trailer itself I'm pretty much not having a reaction since there really isn't anything there. It looks more like a couple test footage scenes slapped together for a demo than an official trailer. I'll be glad to see one that's a little more full.

Podmark

Hard to get too excited about the teaser, because it is just that, a teaser. Doesn't give you anything to go about the story or characters, but the imagery is promisng. The new trooper designs, broadsword lightsaber, and the flight of the Falcon look nice.

Hoping for the best with this project.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Talavar

Personally, I can't get past the broadsword lightsabre.  Lightsabers were already as cool as possible in the first films, apparently, because all of these unique "kewl" ones in the prequels and now the sequels just seem like they're trying too hard. 

Maybe we can get this in the next sequel:  http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/star-wars-7-lightsaber-memes-sith-army-knife.jpg

Shogunn2517

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGbxmsDFVnE

As I'm sure this has been heavily viewed several hundred times already, I do have to say I, like many of you must have several questions:

Spoiler
Where's Luke?  I mean I know we might have seen his hand, but he's not on the poster, he does have a leading role, and he did do a voice over... but was he talking to Finn... or Kylo Ren?  Apparently there is a rumor going around that he is indeed Kylo Ren, which might be a little impossible.  That said, his absence is noticeable.  Speaking of noticing, not sure how many noticed that Finn has Luke/Anakin's lightsaber.

Either way, I am looking forward to it.  As are the record breaking IMAX ticket buyers when it went on sale yesterday.  Kudos to Disney. 

catwhowalksbyhimself

The word I've heard from a while now, is that he's only appear in the last few seconds of the movie.  He's just a cameo, basically, leading into a bigger role for the next movie.  The other characters are spending the whole movie trying to get his lightsaber back to him and only succeed at the end.

This may or may not be true, of course.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

Talavar

Quote from: Shogunn2517 on October 20, 2015, 10:40:42 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGbxmsDFVnE

As I'm sure this has been heavily viewed several hundred times already, I do have to say I, like many of you must have several questions:

Spoiler
Where's Luke?  I mean I know we might have seen his hand, but he's not on the poster, he does have a leading role, and he did do a voice over... but was he talking to Finn... or Kylo Ren?  Apparently there is a rumor going around that he is indeed Kylo Ren, which might be a little impossible.  That said, his absence is noticeable.  Speaking of noticing, not sure how many noticed that Finn has Luke/Anakin's lightsaber.

Either way, I am looking forward to it.  As are the record breaking IMAX ticket buyers when it went on sale yesterday.  Kudos to Disney.

I've heard that rumour too, and if it is, I will freak out - and not in a good way.  JJ Abrams is already on notice for what he did to Star Trek.

Shogunn2517

Actually... I really liked Star Trek.  Yeah this is coming from at best a casual fan, but those were some really good movies I'd say.  Which is why I have high ecpectations for this.

Spoiler
I'm not sure I can go as far as Cat is going. I doubt he'd receive top billing for what amounts to a cameo.  Though I guess it's possible.  And Adam Driver is Kylo Ren.  Andy Serkis is HIS master.  Even the last shot with him about to wail on Finn, it's noticeably Driver's hair and figure.  Definitely not a 60 year old short man.  That said, I'm almost positive SOMETHING happens to Luke Skywalker.  He's missing, he's found, he dies.  He turns to the Dark Side.  He turns from the Dark Side.  Something.  He doesn't share the story with the other characters.

murs47

It could be a large dose of nostalgia, but that was the greatest movie trailer I have ever seen! Goosebumps! Frickin' goosebumps! :thumbup:

JeyNyce

The trailer really didn't excite me.  I'm going to go see it, but I guess I've seen so much hype for it and reading the comics, I'm kind of numb to it now.
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

Talavar

All I keep saying is that the Phantom Menace had great trailers too.  I haven't drunk the Kool-Aid on this one yet.

Silver Shocker

Love the new Star Wars trailer. It did in fact give me the goosebumps. Definitely looking forward to this one.
"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa

captmorgan72

What about Leia? Shouldn't she be just as powerful in the force as Luke?

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quote from: captmorgan72 on October 27, 2015, 09:44:11 PM
What about Leia? Shouldn't she be just as powerful in the force as Luke?

Depends on if she's been training over the last so many years or not.  She has, in theory, the same raw force power, but untrained it wouldn't really mean anything.

BentonGrey

In the EU, she never trained as much as Luke, focusing more on diplomacy. 
God Bless

HarryTrotter

I hear Ewoks might be back,so Im not that excited...
''Even our origin stories have gone sour.''
Jon Farmer

daglob

I was very neutral, due to Abrams' "edgy" Star Trek, but I saw Han standing there with Chewy behind him, and I was home.

HarryTrotter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpSFp-gw6lY
International trailer.It still doesnt really sit right with me.Cant really say why.
Is it just me,or is Kylo Ren modeled after Revan?
''Even our origin stories have gone sour.''
Jon Farmer

catwhowalksbyhimself

Early critic reviews are in and they are overwhelmingly positive.  It seems like a large number of critics and ranking it as the 3rd best in the franchise, and just about all seems to compare it to the original trilogy rather than the prequels.

Sounds like we may be in for a treat.