New Spider-man Movie

Started by JeyNyce, July 02, 2010, 02:11:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UnkoMan

I sorta... think they should bring Dylan Baker back. Remember, he cameoed before?
He's got the depth to play a really nice guy and a really awful guy. Plus everyman looks.

Mr. Hamrick

Normally, I would not be one to gripe about a bit of casting but...

I just heard that Sally Field was in talks to play Aunt May and Martin Sheen was in talks to play Uncle Ben.

I could deal with Sally Field.  She could be put in a make-up chair and aged.

But Sheen?  NO! NO! NO!

I cannot express my opinion about Martin Sheen here due to certain language and certain topics that would be brought up.  I can say that even listening to him as The Illusive Man made me cringe.  The bottom line is why do you want such a polarizing actor playing such a sympathetic character.  Especially one who is so important to the development of the Spider Man character.  And a lot of people do find Sheen to be a polarizing character, especially give his activities outside of the entertainment industry.

Talavar

Martin Sheen is polarizing?  Huh.  I didn't know that.  What I do know is that he's a good actor, and the cast for the Spider-man reboot is almost making me interested in it.  Almost.

Mr. Hamrick

Quote from: Talavar on November 06, 2010, 02:43:43 PM
Martin Sheen is polarizing?  Huh.  I didn't know that.  What I do know is that he's a good actor, and the cast for the Spider-man reboot is almost making me interested in it.  Almost.

He USE to be a good actor. 

As for the polarizing part, it may just be that he is amongst friends of mine offline and I. 

And he may do fine being that Uncle Ben will only be in the first 15-20 minutes at best. 

My gut response is being horrified at the thought.  I guess it can be compared to how horrified people were that Heath Ledger was playing The Joker.

captmorgan72

I have to agree with Talavar. I think Martin Sheen is a good actor too. I also am liking the casting for the reboot. Martin as Uncle Ben sounds pretty good to me.

steamteck

Actually I agree with Mr. Hamrick on this one. Martin Sheen absoutely not. he always comes across as a pompous self important con man to me at his very best in recent years. The rest of my opinions like Mr. hamrick I will keep to myself to avoid offense but lets just say his inclusion is often enough to make me skip a film.

captmorgan72

Mr. Hamrick

Quote from: steamteck on November 08, 2010, 12:11:54 AM
he always comes across as a pompous self important con man to me at his very best in recent years.

and that's not necessarily him acting!  (which is part of the problem, in my opinion!)

thalaw2

Martin Sheen was the Illusive Man?  Cool!  I thought he did a good job of that, but I haven't played the DLC yet.
革命不会被电视转播

Previsionary

Disappear when you least expe--

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

murs47

JeyNyce

I like the gloves.  I wonder if they did the boots the same way.
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

BentonGrey

God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

deano_ue

no sir i don't like it, the design is alright but the changes seem to be for the sake of changes and make little to no sense

daglob

Is that a spider on his chest or a rorschach test?

herodad1

i like how slim/scrawny he is. thats how i always pictured spidey.

BentonGrey

Quote from: the_ultimate_evil on January 13, 2011, 11:04:48 PM
no sir i don't like it, the design is alright but the changes seem to be for the sake of changes and make little to no sense

Ahh, you put into words what was little more than a vague distaste.  Thanks TUE.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

oldmanwinters

I want this movie to answer the question as to how Peter Parker became a master tailor who could make incredibly detailed textures and patterns out of spandex. :lol:

Courtnall6

Not overly impressed so far...especially by the gloves...but I'll wait until a better full body shot of the complete costume is released.

That's Hollywood superhero movies in a nut shell right there.
Clothes make the man and colourful tights make the Super-Hero.

docdelorean88

Quote from: BentonGrey on January 13, 2011, 11:46:44 PM

Ahh, you put into words what was little more than a vague distaste.  Thanks TUE.

In adition to these wise men...I DON'T LIKE IT, I DON'T LIKE IT, I DON'T LIKE IT, I DON'T LIKE IT, I DON'T FREAKIN LIKE IT... ahem... I should say that i feel it is overly complex. Why can't we simplify. Less is more, isn't it? And from someone who enjoyed Toby as "Spider-man", but felt his Peter Parker was just a tad off at all times, i must say, the new guy looks much better. But again, as far as the suit goes...I DON'T FREAKIN LIKE IT. :)
"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"

thalaw2

I'm willing to wait to pass judgement, but for now the scales are tipping in the "Don't Like" direction.  I agree its just too much going on.   
革命不会被电视转播

docdelorean88

HOWEVER, there is a small sliver of silver lining in that red and blue mess.
Spoiler
Anybody else notice the web shooters?! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"

RTTingle

Its looks like its patterned like a motorcycle jacket, but textured like a basketball.  -Shrugs- 

steamteck

Well, Martin Sheen pretty much means I won't see it at the theater with my wife. ( unless he's some sleeze bag and not Uncle ben as previously said. but that would be type casting)

The costume's OK, the  Macguire one was better, But that's most likely not where the problems will lie anyway.

BWPS

Quote from: steamteck on January 14, 2011, 03:47:26 AM
Well, Martin Sheen pretty much means I won't see it at the theater with my wife. ( unless he's some sleeze bag and not Uncle ben as previously said. but that would be type casting)

The costume's OK, the  Macguire one was better, But that's most likely not where the problems will lie anyway.

I like it. It's not overly different or complicated, but it looks realistic and it has web-shooters. Him, I just love the look of. He is so high school Peter Parker-y!
I know it seems like stupid idea to reboot and I'm sure the studios will have all kinds of meddling to do, but I have a good vibe about this movie so far from the casting and pictures. I don't like Denis Leary, but if he's playing a jerk cop, he fits -  I mean, he's not a bad actor.  Martin Sheen is a good actor, and I definitely like Emma Stone (and the fact that Gwen Stacy is actually Gwen Stacy). Plus, high school Spider-Man is usually great (see Spectacular Spider-Man). Of course it still could go either way, but I'm always excited to see a Spider-Man movie.
I apologize in advance for everything I say on here. I regret it immediately after clicking post.

deano_ue

Quote from: Courtnall6 on January 14, 2011, 12:27:19 AM

That's Hollywood superhero movies in a nut shell right there.

me and you have disagreed with this in the past, i do not think that every change is stupid. the x-men would not work and wings on cap would look stupid(even in the comics) and grey and blue batman would look like it was made in a basement

this one seems to be that the raimi moves got the costume so close that they had to make a difference to stop the link

though the more i look at it, the suit seems for a lack of a better term  battle damaged and as other on another board have pointed out there seems to be room and shape for a belt of some kind which i think could actually pull the layout of the suit together

steamteck

Quote from: BWPS on January 14, 2011, 04:40:55 AM
I like it. It's not overly different or complicated, but it looks realistic and it has web-shooters. Him, I just love the look of. He is so high school Peter Parker-y!
I know it seems like stupid idea to reboot and I'm sure the studios will have all kinds of meddling to do, but I have a good vibe about this movie so far from the casting and pictures. I don't like Denis Leary, but if he's playing a jerk cop, he fits -  I mean, he's not a bad actor.  Martin Sheen is a good actor, and I definitely like Emma Stone (and the fact that Gwen Stacy is actually Gwen Stacy). Plus, high school Spider-Man is usually great (see Spectacular Spider-Man). Of course it still could go either way, but I'm always excited to see a Spider-Man movie.

I'm kind of the opposite. I'm not excited about almost any of the actors. Martin Sheen  won't be a believable uncle Ben for me but its a relatively small part at least. Not getting a good vibe at all. Not a big fan of high school Spider-Man either but I'm willling to wait and see.

cmdrkoenig67

I think the costume is really awful...They've taken the already complicated Spider-Man outfit from the other movies (one that actually looked more like the comic costume than this one...But both are costumes that no high school kid could really make) and doubled the visual busyness....Ugh!

I will say, if those are actual mechanical web-shooters he's wearing...Bravo!

Dana

BTW:  I find it rather amusing that so many folks (not necessarily here, I've seen plenty of comments in articles around the net), think a nearly 30 yr old man looks like a high school kid.

GogglesPizanno

I still don't understand why we need a reboot of the franchise at all.