Issue 57: FX recolouring

Started by Jimaras8, October 22, 2013, 01:13:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimaras8

Found it, grabbed it  :thumbup:. Thanks daglob. I was wondering if there are any meshes out there for vampires?

daglob

Texas Jack did one that falls down and turns into a skeleton when he dies. Not sure where it is these days. I did a Chris Lee skin that seriously needs to be updated. There is another "vampire" mesh from a game or something, and there is a skin and hex on Male Versatile Draconis. I did three vampire bride skins for Gni's Witch mesh.  I did a skin and scope (with help) of Mischief, a maybe vampire from the Marvel UK book Nocturne.

What do you want?

Jimaras8

I was thinking of some ordinary vampire goons for Blade to slaughter. Is there any way to find the Texas_jack one?

Cyber Burn

I should have it, I'll check tonight and get back to you.

I should also have one by SCD. If I can find it, I'll send you that one too.

daglob

Jimaras8

Thank you all guys, you make my life much more easier  :thumbup:

Jimaras8

Sorry to post unrelated questions here but since this thread is already more like a question pot, i figured it wouldn't exactly hurt.

1) Does the Stone material influences stun resistance? I thought i had seen it somwhere. If a character is made of stone does he get stunned harder?

2) I recently found an unused fx in my file called fire bullet and i put it in the FFEdit. I noticed there is a delay of 1-2 seconds between when the bullet hits and when the enemies get the damage. Does it have to do with me labeling a "projectile" instead of "explosive projectile" or does it have to do with FF1 files having a delay in FF2?

Cyber Burn

I should clarify, if you replace the "End.Nif" in your FX with one from FFvt3R, the delay should disappear.

spydermann93

Quote from: Jimaras8 on September 19, 2017, 07:01:59 AM
Sorry to post unrelated questions here but since this thread is already more like a question pot, i figured it wouldn't exactly hurt.

1) Does the Stone material influences stun resistance? I thought i had seen it somwhere. If a character is made of stone does he get stunned harder?

Any resistance to an attack makes your character reduce the chance of being stunned by half. So if a crushing attack has a 50% chance to stun, a stone character, or anybody else resistant to crushing attacks, would only be stunned 25% of the time. Highly Resistant reduces that stun by half again, so the stun would be reduced to 12%.

2) I recently found an unused fx in my file called fire bullet and i put it in the FFEdit. I noticed there is a delay of 1-2 seconds between when the bullet hits and when the enemies get the damage. Does it have to do with me labeling a "projectile" instead of "explosive projectile" or does it have to do with FF1 files having a delay in FF2?

If you are using a standard projectile as an "explosive", i.e. giving it a radius, then there will be a delay. Setting the fx to an "Explosive Projectile" in FFEdit will get rid of the delay. If it is already an Explosive Projectile in FFEdit, then it is a problem with the End.nif, as Cyber pointed out.

Jimaras8

Darn, how didn't i think of the end.nif. I have already done it more than once. Stupid brain. Thanks for reminding me guys. The fx is already explosive, the bullet causes a fire explosion in the end. I just need to find the same fx for the end.nif.

Jimaras8

Has anyone made a Silver Sable hero file? I already have USAgent's but i'm looking for further info.

WyldFyre

I have one by TaskmasterX if you'd like.
For Freedom!

FF Museum Website: http://ffmuseum.org/

Jimaras8

I would love to have it  :thumbup:. My e-mail is jmjimvas08@gmail.com. Thanks a lot.

Jimaras8

Rejoice folks. A real mesh request for once  :P. I wonder if there is Black Goliath mesh that has Bill Foster in his normal size and another one in his Giant form. I want to be able to alternate in game. Or maybe a mesh that his default state is normal and then enlarges for melee and area animations.

detourne_me

It should be possible with Texas Jack's Atom mesh.
You want the black costume with the yellow collar and bootcuffs?

Cyber Burn

I hadn't thought about going that route DM, interesting choice. I was looking at doing something with either Tommy's or Val's growing Keys for Male_Basic.

daglob

A TV mesh as all the parts for a Black Goliath...

Jimaras8

Quote from: detourne_me on October 09, 2017, 02:09:16 AM
It should be possible with Texas Jack's Atom mesh.
You want the black costume with the yellow collar and bootcuffs?

You mean from ren's mesh? yeah, that would be great  :thumbup:

Also could someone be so kind to send me a Silver Sable LP skope with the skin files converted to dds? For some reason the tool that i have only converts the extras file and leaves the rest to tga.

detourne_me

Quote from: Cyber Burn on October 09, 2017, 02:31:00 AM
I hadn't thought about going that route DM, interesting choice. I was looking at doing something with either Tommy's or Val's growing Keys for Male_Basic.
That route is probably better, Atom has many tiny animations that wouldnt fit bill foster

Jimaras8

I hope i'm not putting you into trouble dm. I just wondered if someone else had done that.

Jimaras8

Guys i have uploaded the latest version of my hero files so go to the hero file section for the details I always appreciate the feedback   :thumbup:

Jimaras8

Hello guys. I'm in desperate need of some help as a problem has caused my game to freeze just before Rumble Room. I will take things from the beginning and tell you the whole story. As you know Benton is using a very useful trick to save a slot for characters that use Active Defenses. He basically turns those powers to attributes by giving the characters the FF Active Defense atrribute which links to entries in the ffxcustom2.py file. Me and Benton had a back anf forth in ordr for him to explain to me how this works but obviously, i did something wrong. So, i have a graviton hero file i want to add to the characters.dat and i basically want to make his AD an attribute so i can save a slot and give him a Passive Defense. I deleted the AD in his file and replaced it with the a PD of my liking, i put an AI on him and added him to the dat file.

After that i went to FFEdit and i found bmagneto shield that Benton has built because it was really close to the AD i wanted to give graviton. I copied the power, renamed it mvgraviton shield, changed the fx and animation and saved it. Grviton already having the FF Active Defense 75 i thought the only thing left to9 do was add a line in the ffxcustom2.py. I opened the file, found the AD section and added a line that looked like that:
["mvgraviton","Gravitational_Field","mvgraviton shield",35,"Moveable","Regenerate","Remote",33,"No",0],

What did i do wrong? Did i miss something in the code or did i skip a step? Bnton ha made this work in the game and i'm sure many of you know this method as well. The game froze when i pressed the Rumble Room button and stuck there. Before this even half an hour before i start this whole undertaking it played perfectly fine. So, what went wrong. I'm really frustrated because i had to install a previous version of the MA mod and i los a ton of changes and characters i had added.

BentonGrey

Okay, here are a few possibilities:

Did you brand him?
You've double checked all the names?
Try putting an _ in your mvgraviton_shield power name and shortening the name, maybe mvgraviton_s. 

You've removed the line from FFXCustom2 and tested to see if it works without it?
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Jimaras8

Before i put any character into the dat i brand them through the CC, create an AI for them and them add them to the dat by the add to dat too in the RR menu. Your entry was bmagneto_shield, am i right Benton. It's almost the same length although i can shorten it and see if it works. So far are the steps correct? have i missed anything? I put him Active Defense 75 like you put in Magneto.

Cyber Burn

Are all the FX in there? I'v been having trouble with missing FX crashing my game.

Jimaras8

Everything is in the game CB. I finally made it work. I don't know how, i followed Benton's suggestion and changed the name of the AD to mvgraviton_s and it worked. The AD is exactly how i want it both in duration, animation and resistances. This darn things has been torturing me for over a month so finally it's over. Thank you for all your help and advice guys. I think i learned a new thing today so one less pain on your behind  :thumbup:

spydermann93

Ah ha! I was just toying around with this two days ago. Here's what you do:

1. Open datfiles.py in PythonWin (you should have this if you have the Ghosting script fix)
2. Select File>Run while having the datfiles.py window selected
3. Execute Campaign_ChangeActiveDefenceDuration(stringPower, intDuration [0=short, 1=med, 2=long, 3=inf], '../../powers.dat', 0)
   Example: Campaign_ChangeActiveDefenceDuration('rpg_testshield', 3, '../../powers.dat', 0) #This makes rpg_testshield have Infinite Duration
4. Exit and load the game (You'll get a crash, otherwise!) VERY IMPORTANT!

ShowAllActiveDefenceDurations('../../powers.dat') will show all defenses and their durations

A few things:

1. I like to set the duration to 3 in the python function so that I can put whatever I want for the duration in FFX_CUSTOM2.py. 3 is infinite length, so you shouldn't ever have to mess around with the AD after this.
2. It really doesn't matter if you have a space or not in the power name. Just preference, really.
3. You will have to add the AI Tactic to your m25ai file, or your hero will NOT use the ability when played by the AI
4. If you ever alter your AD in FFEdit, you MUST rerun the Campaign_ChangeActiveDefenceDuration() function call again (see step 3 above)

I hope this all helps you! This should get you using your FFActiveDefenses more :thumbup:

Jimaras8

Ok, spyder you kinda lost me there. I didn't change anything in  the datfiles.py and the power still workis in game without crashes. Do i still need to do that?

Also i have no idea where the m25ai file is or how to add the Ai tactic  :P. Every AI i have made is through the AI generator in-game.

Edit: Ok if i understand this correctly the campaignchangeactivedefense function is if you want the AD to be longer than 10 seconds. In my case 10 seconds is exactly the duration i want. So, do i still need to do the first paragraph that spyder wrote?