News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Tomato's skinwork: Atomik (01/09/21)

Started by Tomato, April 19, 2009, 10:54:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomato

I'm typing up the release post on tumblr now, I'll edit this with the link when I finish.

Edit: Linkie

naitvalis

this is sure a very charismatic character, executed with a nice, unique style and all the attention for the details.
Downloaded right now this amazing work, unfortunately for me it shows the familiar withe cube in the game, i have told my aquaman to stop waiting, and he is now in an underwater bar completely drunk.

Tomato

Well, I based it on AA's Aquaman skope, which is ffv3r only. I can try to see if it's possible to re-export it for ff1, but we'll see. I'm at work right now, can't really do too much.

It works just fine on ffv3r though.

Tomato

AfghanAnt

Sioux City Dynamo

Looks neat Tomato!  I am looking forward to seeing this character.
Io

Tomato

BentonGrey

Quote from: Cyber Burn on October 22, 2012, 03:57:14 PM
I like the facial leaves...I mean facial hair.

I think you were right the first time....

Nice, 'Mato!  He looks interesting.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

deano_ue

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Tomato

Quote from: BentonGrey on October 22, 2012, 04:17:33 PM
Quote from: Cyber Burn on October 22, 2012, 03:57:14 PM
I like the facial leaves...I mean facial hair.

I think you were right the first time....

Actually, both are wrong. I mean, have you ever seen a tomato grow facial hair or facial leaves? Silly peoples, try and be realistic here.

Tomato

Haven't worked on the Antimato skin in two months because I was busy, and I was dreading doing the trenchcoat. Come back for one day on a total whim, finish the whole thing.

Seems legit.

Also, funny story... I actually started growing an "evil beard" of my own prior to starting this skin, and I'm rather happy with it. I never did the whole "I need to grow facial hair so people think I'm older than I am" thing when I hit puberty, but I have to admit, it is nice to walk into a patient's room and not have him/her constantly asking if I'm twelve >.>

For the record, I'm 23. It's not as old as some of you I know, but it is frustrating for my particular field because "ZOMG he's a newbie!"

Cyber Burn

Antimato looks good. The subtle highlights looks good in the green areas.

Off subject, did you ever release the Deadman White Lantern that you made?

Tomato

Quote from: Cyber Burn on December 22, 2012, 06:21:24 PM
Antimato looks good. The subtle highlights looks good in the green areas.

Off subject, did you ever release the Deadman White Lantern that you made?

Not yet, no. I might take a look at stuff sometime this week, try to release anything else I haven't yet.

So I'm burned out on J'edd for the moment, decided to work on some other stuff. First of three.

deano_ue

loving the suit, personally i'd darken it down a bit to just get hint of neon blue removed

but i gotta mate the same really seems off with the eyebrows

Podmark

He looks funny! His eyebrows make him look like he's reacting to something ridiculous. "The Red Skull did what to my brain?!" "Erik is wearing white now?!" "Beast thinks it's funny to bring his past selves to the present?!"

The suit is really well done.

This reminds I've meant to upgrade my Xavier to your suit mesh. Keep forgetting about that...
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Tomato

Yeah, I was going for the look of his MU figure, but in practice it looks straight up goofy... decided to mirror the right brow to give him a more basic expression.

deano_ue

ok i'm gonna be honest here i did not call prof x. i thought it was luthor

honestly mate i think its darker skin tone around the eyes that makes it strange, the look really sunken in. maybe rebuild the eye socket below the brow to give it a more standard shape but keeping the arched look

Tomato

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Tomato

One more before work:

This is, without a doubt, my all time favorite Xavier costume. It's never been part of the actual comic, but I've loved the design ever since he showed up as a playable character in X-men Legends. It just feels like the sort of thing Xavier would wear if he was actually going out to do battle alongside the other X-men.

Podmark

Cool costume, and a great addition to FF. Can't say I'm familiar with it though. I don't think I played the first X-Men Legends.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Tomato

WIP of Xavier's third costume of the skin pack, the Black and Yellow look.

I was never a big fan of this look in the comics (I think it's just how I've seen it drawn... the X is usually too thin and it made the costume look goofy) but now that I'm working on it I actually really like it. I'm still slightly more fond of the Legends one (it just seems more "champion of the astral plane" to me) but it's still a good look for Xavier.

But anyway, I took a few liberties with the design... I figure Pod's got a more or less comic-accurate version of it in his skin pack, so it left me open to be a tad creative with it.

Podmark

I like your design better. I found the comic version pretty bland. Sometimes I wonder why I skin certain costumes.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Tomato

Because it's the only legit costume Xavier's really used in the comics (No, I don't count the original yellow costume, it's ugly) and you're a completist like that. Truthfully though, I didn't really alter it that much, just changed a few details.

-Also, finished.

I think this will be it for this particular "skin pack." There are a few other designs out there, but the only one really worth doing (in my mind) is the New X-men costume, and AA's already got that version covered.

Podmark

Great pack, and it looks like you found some solid keys to go with it. I'll probably follow your lead and update my Xaviers when I'm not in the middle of a dozen skins.

Quote from: Tomato on March 26, 2013, 12:36:44 AM
Truthfully though, I didn't really alter it that much, just changed a few details.

Sometimes the small details make all the difference.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Tomato

Tomato