A NEW FRESH FREEDOM FORCE

Started by hmarrs, November 10, 2014, 04:41:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bearded

Quote from: catwhowalksbyhimself on November 11, 2014, 10:42:33 PM

If you what you need is a story, I'm sure the community would oblige.  The community developed story for the mod I partially made, Liberty Bay, could potentially be reworked to remove the FF specific characters and story elements and used, for example, and we have no lack of ideas among this community if we needed to do something original.  Start up a brainstorming thread with exactly what you'd like to see (number of missions, technical limitations, etc) and I'm sure we could put something awesome together.

Found it! I would like to make a level with a pugilist type vs a zombie hoard. (zombie ai being easier in theory to program.) Do you have a fighter I could use?

Cyber Burn

Quote from: bearded on November 12, 2014, 06:10:29 PM
Quote from: spydermann93 on November 12, 2014, 04:46:15 PM

Could you provide a tutorial on how to do the conversion, Bearded? I apologize if I'm asking too much for that.

I would love to help you with this project, but I'm afraid I'm a bit of a n00b when it comes to Unity (I pretty much know nothing).
All I do is use various niftools and export to .fbx, you have to export the different animations by counting keyframes.
Did anyone ever download it? I might could get at my .assets if anyone has a copy.

I thought I had commented on this part earlier, I'm guessing I didn't. You mention that you export to (.fbx) format, so does this mean that you are not using (.nif) Files for your project?

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quote from: bearded on November 12, 2014, 10:17:48 PM
Quote from: catwhowalksbyhimself on November 11, 2014, 10:42:33 PM

If you what you need is a story, I'm sure the community would oblige.  The community developed story for the mod I partially made, Liberty Bay, could potentially be reworked to remove the FF specific characters and story elements and used, for example, and we have no lack of ideas among this community if we needed to do something original.  Start up a brainstorming thread with exactly what you'd like to see (number of missions, technical limitations, etc) and I'm sure we could put something awesome together.

Found it! I would like to make a level with a pugilist type vs a zombie hoard. (zombie ai being easier in theory to program.) Do you have a fighter I could use?

Well there's Goo who I think is khohohowhatever's creation, I think.  His sarcastic irreverent sense of humor and attitude would be fun for something like that.

As for the zombies, you could perhaps check with Benton about using the Count.  I think that one's his.  He's a vampire, albeit one who steal energy, and turns his victims into a zombie-like state.  That might work for your purposes.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

hmarrs

Quote from: Cyber Burn on November 12, 2014, 09:40:59 PM
Quote from: bearded on November 12, 2014, 06:10:29 PM
Quote from: spydermann93 on November 12, 2014, 04:46:15 PM

Could you provide a tutorial on how to do the conversion, Bearded? I apologize if I'm asking too much for that.

I would love to help you with this project, but I'm afraid I'm a bit of a n00b when it comes to Unity (I pretty much know nothing).
All I do is use various niftools and export to .fbx, you have to export the different animations by counting keyframes.
Did anyone ever download it? I might could get at my .assets if anyone has a copy.
Awesome..CYBER are we Cool Bro.?

I'll try and check my Files this week to see if I still have it. Even with everything that was salvaged after my last Crash, there was still a lot that I lost.

hmarrs

Quote from: bearded on November 12, 2014, 10:15:10 PM
I am totally obsessed with recreating that level now. After I made it, I made a level 2 with liberty lad vs some tougher robots, and he had a machine gun. I was sort of winter soldiering him. I don't remember if anyone ever saw that level.

The character creator with sliders and sandbox mode I was trying to make got way out of hand, because everything has to be created at once, and I totally lost control of it. The benefit to a story is I can start small, with powers for individuals and advance from that.

Did I lose a post from Cat?
Exactly if we scale small we can scaffold and build and then its easier for more people to jump in and build upon.
Just give us a base and you know how we are on here we will take it and explode.

bearded

Quote from: Cyber Burn on November 12, 2014, 10:24:24 PM

I thought I had commented on this part earlier, I'm guessing I didn't. You mention that you export to (.fbx) format, so does this mean that you are not using (.nif) Files for your project?
I can't find a nif importer for unity, so I am exporting to fbx. Drudge work but easy. On another note, I am working on the Flash mod for fun, and I have several of your skopes, Atom Smasher and variants for example.

hmarrs

bearded

Quote from: hmarrs on November 17, 2014, 03:35:22 PM
Bearded can you read this?
Maybe you can hook up or contact somebody here.
http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/freedom-force-with-unity.21070/
Brand loyalty. I would rather work with you guys.
I spent the last 4 days doing dumb things. I accidentally overwrote a .py file. So I found the only other person who has a copy of it and they emailed me the entire folder. I thought, I will just copy the folder over. Of course, this overwrote 5 other files I did not have updates for.  Then I found Recuva which found all the original files including the first one I had lost. But, the other five files were corrupted.
Backup is important, huh?

hmarrs

I wish we could do something like this with Freedom Force.Straight on 3rd person person fighting changing up Camera angles upon impact.
Scenery changes etc.etc.
And I know it can be done of course it can...

This was done in Grand theft Auto..
How did they do tht???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbSw8cP_6W4

hmarrs

Ok I wont do no more its just these are funny you need to check these out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyneJPTq5Mw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZh60U1PqSE&list=RDU3AugwfuuB0&index=2
It just gives some insight.