News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Hello, everybody!

Started by Sledgehammer, February 07, 2009, 11:24:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sledgehammer

Well, it's been a while (a loooong while), but I'm back!

Some personal issues have been keeping me away from Freedom Reborn for too long. Some of them are still bothering me, but as many have been solved, we're getting there...

This is just a re-introduction, if you will. Some may remember me, some may not. But I've always enjoyed this community for its hospitality, and because there is something called respect among the members. Something not so frequent in forums nowadays.

I'll continue my unfinished business as a VP maker. I have some ideas in my head, and I'm updating my previous work, as for example completing the Justice League Heroes VPs. This is just one of many surprises in the future! My site and my Yahoo! accounts still work, and CrimsonQuill is still around, so getting my old stuff is pretty simple.

Well, hello to everybody, and we'll keep in touch more frequently from now on.

Sledgehammer.

tommyboy

Hey, good to see you back.
I hope RL goes well for you in the future, so you can stick around.

The Hitman

Gremlin

Welcome back, Sledgehammer! Glad to see you again! :thumbup:

crimsonquill

Sledge!! Glad to see you back and willing to pick up where we left off... so many voices and so little time to sample them all.

I had been hunting for your for awhile by chasing your old e-mail account (which just ended with dead ends) because I was worried...  :unsure:... but that's old news.  :D

I've been adding more voices from MUA including the PSP version which I'm doing the final touches on.. been playing around with samples from the Destroy All Humans! trilogy and anxiously waiting for MUA2 to be released in the Fall. On the JLH front, I tracked down the voice files from the game to continue your work if you were unable to come back.. but my experiments on decoding them were a mess and figured that I'd wait for your return or a miracle to stumble across what you managed to do.

And even better news is that skopes and meshes for Stryfe and various AoA characters are now coming out... and even one for Holocaust is being hammered out as I type this.

- CQ
"He said let there be light... CLICK! It was a lightbulb. And It was good."

Sledgehammer

Thanks for your kind words, everybody. It's good to be back.

Quote from: crimsonquill on February 08, 2009, 07:39:15 AM
Sledge!! Glad to see you back and willing to pick up where we left off... so many voices and so little time to sample them all.

I've been adding more voices from MUA including the PSP version which I'm doing the final touches on.. been playing around with samples from the Destroy All Humans! trilogy and anxiously waiting for MUA2 to be released in the Fall. On the JLH front, I tracked down the voice files from the game to continue your work if you were unable to come back.. but my experiments on decoding them were a mess and figured that I'd wait for your return or a miracle to stumble across what you managed to do.

And even better news is that skopes and meshes for Stryfe and various AoA characters are now coming out... and even one for Holocaust is being hammered out as I type this.

Well, it's great to hear from you again, CQ. Sorry we couldn't communicate before.

Nice to know you've covered MUA heroes. Destroy All Humans is good to have too. I'll check them out in the near future, of course. I'm positive they are more than alright, knowing how meticulous you are in terms of VP edition. If I can help you with that, by adding new lines or just giving my opinion, I'll gladly comply.

I have been collecting some good games to extract voices from (Wizardry 8; all classic RPGs a la Baldur's Gate, NWN, Oblivion; and even Spider-Man: Friend or Foe, if I get to decode it).

Hopefully, MUA 2 continues the tradition of being sound-heavy that Raven and Activision started with XML I. Vicarious Visions will probably change the game codes, so extracting the sounds may be different than in the XML saga, but it'll be an interesting challenge. I'm a little disappointed that the PC version hasn't been confirmed yet, and it's possible it never will be. But on the bright side, I've checked IMDB and some of the voice actors may have changed, which opens new possibilities for packs that could be matched with other Mainstream characters, or just our original creations.

I've checked Stryfe and some new AoA characters in the forums. Nice to know, as probably I'll finish the XML baddies once I've covered JLH.

crimsonquill

Quote from: Sledgehammer on February 08, 2009, 08:16:34 AM
I have been collecting some good games to extract voices from (Wizardry 8; all classic RPGs a la Baldur's Gate, NWN, Oblivion; and even Spider-Man: Friend or Foe, if I get to decode it).

All of those games sound great... Spider-Man: Friend Or Foe has some pretty good voices as far as the Spidey cast is concerned so decoding that would be an excellent idea. Oblivion and Fallout 3 are also great resources for voices... Fallout 3 has lots of armored military characters and war torn survivors so getting voices from there would be a BIG plus.

Quote from: Sledgehammer on February 08, 2009, 08:16:34 AM
Hopefully, MUA 2 continues the tradition of being sound-heavy that Raven and Activision started with XML I. Vicarious Visions will probably change the game codes, so extracting the sounds may be different than in the XML saga, but it'll be an interesting challenge. I'm a little disappointed that the PC version hasn't been confirmed yet, and it's possible it never will be. But on the bright side, I've checked IMDB and some of the voice actors may have changed, which opens new possibilities for packs that could be matched with other Mainstream characters, or just our original creations.

Vicarious Visions has stated in interviews that they overhauled the MUA engine for MUA2 including a far better sound encoding system so multi-levels of sounds will be easier to handle on the software/hardware and clearer then ever before. However since Vicarious Visions also develops for consoles only there is definitly zero chance of a PC version ever coming along... so getting the game files will be a large challenge this time around.

- CQ
"He said let there be light... CLICK! It was a lightbulb. And It was good."

Sledgehammer

Quote from: crimsonquill on February 08, 2009, 08:46:27 AM
Vicarious Visions has stated in interviews that they overhauled the MUA engine for MUA2 including a far better sound encoding system so multi-levels of sounds will be easier to handle on the software/hardware and clearer then ever before. However since Vicarious Visions also develops for consoles only there is definitly zero chance of a PC version ever coming along... so getting the game files will be a large challenge this time around.

I'm still hoping that Beenox can port the game to PC as they did with XML II, MUA, SM3, Ultimate Spider-Man and XMTOG, due to their relationship with Activision. Besides, VV worked in some of those projects too, as a console gaming developer, while Beenox ported the game to Windows. Maybe it's false hope, but... it's better than nothing.

Lunarman

bearded

has anyone played majesty? it's a fun fantasy kingdom sim.  our good friend george ledoux did some of the incredible voices in it, it's worth playing for the voice work alone!  and i don't say that lightly.
good old george offered to convert the voices from majesty to ff, but i guess he got distracted.  but it makes me think it might not be hard to convert the voices to ff, if any of you are interested.  i mean, they aren't superhero, but there is the ledoux connection!
oh, and good to see you again sledgehammer!

Sledgehammer

Quote from: bearded on February 08, 2009, 09:40:00 AM
has anyone played majesty? it's a fun fantasy kingdom sim.  our good friend george ledoux did some of the incredible voices in it, it's worth playing for the voice work alone!  and i don't say that lightly.
good old george offered to convert the voices from majesty to ff, but i guess he got distracted.  but it makes me think it might not be hard to convert the voices to ff, if any of you are interested.  i mean, they aren't superhero, but there is the ledoux connection!
oh, and good to see you again sledgehammer!

I'll try to get a copy of it and check it out. Didn't know that game at all, but if the voices are generic and versatile enough, it's good to consider it. I'm always trying to find new source material, like the ones I've mentioned earlier, or the Desperados/Helldorado saga, for instance. Thanks!