Champions Online FREE for 1 week

Started by Alaric, August 26, 2010, 11:58:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alaric

For the whole first week of September, Champions Online will be playable completely free- no need top buy the game or pay for game time!

Here's a full quote:

QuoteOver the past year, we've been working very hard to continually improve Champions Online, and we want to show the world what we've been up to. From September 1 through September 7, new and returning players can come and enjoy all of Champions Online for free. There will be no retail key or subscription required for this free trial. Players just need to sign up for a free Cryptic account and play! It's also a largely unrestricted trial, so newcomers can experience the entire game and play with friends (not just the limited Demo tutorial).

To sign up, just visit our Anniversary Event signup page starting August 27. Play begins on September 1, but we wanted to make sure you could preload the client.

So, if anyone's been curious about the game but unwilling to pay, this will be a good time to try it out.

Fear the "A"!!!

Alaric

Quick update- they've posted a FAQ about this- doesn't add a lot of info, but does clarify one or two things.
Fear the "A"!!!

Uncle Yuan

Hm, may have to give this a try.  Downloading the demo now. 
"But there's no use crying over every mistake
You just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake
And the science gets done, and you make a neat gun
For the people who are still alive."

Blkcasanova247

I might be into playing a little as well...I was getting board with it a few months ago and thats why I stopped playing. But I might give it a try again. ;)
I can't help it that I look so good baby! I'm just a love machine!

GhostMachine

One thing Alaric probably should have mentioned: If you sign up for the free play, join the channel Freedom so you can communicate with those of already playing and everyone else from here who signs up.

(To join, right-click the chat tab, then type in Freedom where it says Join/Create then hit the button and you're good to go)

In the chat bar, you can type in /channel_info Freedom, and that will tell you who else in on.

cripp12

darnit I can't remember my account name.  How do I find that. It only allows for password.
Any ideas

Alaric

I'd suggest getting in touch with customer service.
Fear the "A"!!!

lugaru

Quote from: cripp12 on August 30, 2010, 01:59:16 AM
darnit I can't remember my account name.  How do I find that. It only allows for password.
Any ideas

Search for Champions Online within your e-mail. A few mails (especially the email validation) is directed to your screen name (i.e. lugaru in my case).

MJB

The last time I tried this game was in the beta. I would LOVE to give it another whirl but my computer can't handle it now. :(

*sigh*

Valandar

Quote from: MJB on August 31, 2010, 05:54:31 AM
The last time I tried this game was in the beta. I would LOVE to give it another whirl but my computer can't handle it now. :(

*sigh*

Dude, you're seriously missing out. Upgrade time, bro!
"I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy. ...All right, hand me the bomb."  - Ultra Magnus

No, I am NOT accepting suggestions or requests at this time.

cripp12

Quote from: Alaric on August 30, 2010, 02:09:22 AM

Any chance of getting that #.

Alaric

Quote from: cripp12 on August 31, 2010, 03:28:01 PM
Quote from: Alaric on August 30, 2010, 02:09:22 AM

Any chance of getting that #.

Have you tried lugaru's suggestion, first?

There used to be a customer service number listed on the website, but I can't find it now... You should be able to create a new web account and post in the forums, though, maybe someone there can help. Or, if you'd rather, I can post there and see if someone can help.
Fear the "A"!!!

cripp12

i meant phone number. I could not find it either.