News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Help on a skin

Started by daglob, October 17, 2018, 06:15:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daglob

Okay, I was getting some stuff together for Alex, and I came across something. I did a skin and hex for Jason Hyde, an English hero, and I came up with a really neat effect on the eyes. Well, for some reason, the effect only shows up correctly in Nifscope, and only shows correctly on the FF1 mesh. The FFv3R version the eyebeams just go out and stop instead of fading into nothingness. I can't use the first game at all, so I don't know if it still works in that game; the view in HeroTool does not look correct. Could I send this to someone and they look at it on their computer and see if it's just Frankenstein 2016 here (you mean you don't name your computer?) or if it is actually messed up. I use an alpha channel on them (which my computer has merged into the "0" layer... most annoyingly), and as everybody knows FF1 has problems with Alpha channels. Still, it DID work.

Volunteers?

Deaths Jester

Quote from: daglob on October 17, 2018, 06:15:58 PM
Okay, I was getting some stuff together for Alex, and I came across something. I did a skin and hex for Jason Hyde, an English hero, and I came up with a really neat effect on the eyes. Well, for some reason, the effect only shows up correctly in Nifscope, and only shows correctly on the FF1 mesh. The FFv3R version the eyebeams just go out and stop instead of fading into nothingness. I can't use the first game at all, so I don't know if it still works in that game; the view in HeroTool does not look correct. Could I send this to someone and they look at it on their computer and see if it's just Frankenstein 2016 here (you mean you don't name your computer?) or if it is actually messed up. I use an alpha channel on them (which my computer has merged into the "0" layer... most annoyingly), and as everybody knows FF1 has problems with Alpha channels. Still, it DID work.

Volunteers?

Send it my way and I'll see if Bela Lugosi likes it...or what is wrong with it.
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

Deaths Jester

Alright after looking at the skin, I've got the answer. The alpha on the eye cone is too dark. The game is a bit picky on what it views as white and black - if you go too dark it reads as pure black. I'd go with a mid grey that gradients to a dark gray/black instead. It will take a little trail and error to get the right mix but it's not as bad as it could be.
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.