Adventureverse - Private Beta

Started by DrMike2000, May 27, 2022, 01:47:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Omegaprime

Quote from: DrMike2000 on May 27, 2022, 07:32:01 AM
Hi oktokels!

We've built everything up from scratch here, so there are things that weren't available in the Freedom Force engine (such as Damage Shields and Auras) and other things that I put into FFX that aren't ready to go in here yet.
The gameplay here is Diablo/League of Legends style isometric, and the RPG engine behind it is a mix of Freedom Force, Diablo, City of Heroes, Champions and many other fine games I've played (both computer and pen-and-paper).

Big emphasis on that "yet" :)
There's a lot of code in the back end that works in a rough-and-ready manner (eg Telekinesis attacks for throwing prop objects at your target like FFX had) and won't get exposed to the front end until it's well polished.
But what we do have working so far should keep you going for a while hopefully.

We don't have Rumble Room mode yet. The missions are set up so that you choose your player character and can bring a few AIs in with you who follow you around and fight with you.

AI modification - oh yes.  Characters will know how to use whatever powers you give them, but you can tweak which ones they favour. You can set conditions on the use of powers (eg only use a big wind up punch on stunned targets, only use your mega-heal at low health). You can also add in options like kiting distance for ranged characters and how much a strong character likes picking up and throwing props.

We don't have a path for user created assets yet. Currently you choose from a few options and themes for each mission map (eg SciFi, Dungeon, Victorian Mansion) and have some tools for making procedural levels with them. You can then mix and match with custom object placement eg populate your Victorian mansion with SciFi equipment to make a supervillain lair. Character visuals are done via a CoH/Champions style costume creator where you pick and colour pieces. And animations are hardcoded for now - you choose your character's basic stance and which animation each power will use.

And this is all just as it is in our prototype right now. We plan to put a lot more work into it to expand all of these areas, and we want your help to prioritise what features you'd like!
:o :blink: :wacko: :thumbup: :cool:   :wub:, the Emojis represent my reactions as I came upon this post, quietly drinking my coffee and smoking my pipe by my fire(propane fire logs, no mess and all the ambiance) at which point I immediately signed up for the beta(pray I'm not too late)at the same time scrolling through the various positive responses. I would relish the opportunity to test and experience this new world/universe of superhero possibility. This blows every other superhero game away, period. PICK ME, PICK ME,  :D. Thank you

Kommando

I haven't seen any updates for a while and the Discord went quiet. Not sure where development is at this point. I tried it a few times, but it was too confusing for me to sort out. None of my characters could even come close to passing the tutorial. So I just kind of stopped. I still have the build on Steam should an update make it less counter-intuitive.

Kommando

Yeah they are using Steam to deploy the builds.

Omegaprime

gotcha. Wish I had known. I would love to help on the project