Alex's Freedom Fortress [2022-06-04] Twenty Years baby!

Started by abenavides, May 19, 2014, 02:55:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Starman

abenavides

Thx Starman! Appreciate it

Sorry for no updates recently - had to completely rebuild my laptop. Just got it going again and will post a bunch soon before I travel next week.
www.alexff.com
Creator of EZ Danger Room, EZFX, EZHero, The JLA Mod, The X Mod, Superhero TV, & famous Hero Recipes, coming up: New mods.

abenavides

Spring has sprung and that means it's time for 43 more skins and meshes! Enjoy!
www.alexff.com

Also, there's still time to donate to my Relay for Life team, just head on over to:

www.main.acsevents.org/goto/alexb

www.alexff.com
Creator of EZ Danger Room, EZFX, EZHero, The JLA Mod, The X Mod, Superhero TV, & famous Hero Recipes, coming up: New mods.

Cyber Burn

Awesome update Alex, just a heads up though, the Doctor Strange Link isn't working.

abenavides

Thanks for catching that CyberBurn! I've fixed it now.
www.alexff.com

spydermann93

HUZZAH!!! ANOTHER RELEASE!!!

Just in time to save me from finals!

Epimethee

Thanks for the the new goodies, Alex and C6, Daglob and Firestorm! Some of these skins bring back memories!
FFX add-on for FFvsTTR at ffx.freedomforceforever.com

spydermann93

I'd also like to add that your preview portraits do justice to these skins!

I love how you keep with the themes that the original artists came up with! :thumbup:

BentonGrey

Awesome!  Look at all this cool stuff!  Thanks Alex!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

abenavides

Sorry for the long delay, but it's finally here - a summer update!
First up, 20 new skins and meshes for you today, courtesy of DaGlob! (and I probably have 1 or 2 he's sent me I still need to prep besides these- will do asap!)
These 20 new downloads bring me to a milestone, our 1,800th skin or mesh on the ol' Fortress! Thanks to all the artists who have contributed over the years!

Also today - an update to my EZ Hero utility, now up to  version 3.5. Did most of the work for this last year but didn't realize I hadn't posted it until recently. As always, any bugs let me know.

Changes include:
•Added ability to use ALL EP Costs for ALL powers in either game, FF or FFv3R! EZHero will say "(FF)" next to options that are only officially supported in FF
•Removed weight boxes from Send To DAT screens (as hero files can now hold custom weights)
•Bug fixes to EP Cost display for Special powers
•Bug fixes to Batch Send To DAT function
•Bug fixes to Active Defense display
www.alexff.com

spydermann93

Fantastic update, Alex!

1,800 skins, meshes, and skopes.  I'm astounded by the shear numbers of custom content for this game.  Even with so much, every update to the Freedom Fortress feels like Christmas!

And I was wondering what happened with EZHero 3.5.  I'm glad to see the public version finally released!

I'm still looking forward to your Hero Recipe release.  I always loved the creativity behind your hero files.

I also can't wait for your JLA mod update.  It's going to rock!

WyldFyre

1800 Whoo Whoo!!!!  :thumbup:

Congratulations Alex.  Let's hope for 1800 more.  :D

It's wonderful that the Freedom Fortress is still around. It has always been one of my favorite content sites.

A huge thank you for keeping it alive.
For Freedom!

FF Museum Website: http://ffmuseum.org/

kkhohoho

Congrats for the skin/mesh milestone and the Herofile utility update, but I've got a question about it: Does it now cover all of the FFX3.3 attributes? Because, in the Herofile utility I'm using, some attributes (such as Combat Expert, among others,) that I added in-game disappear, and I have to re-add them in-game later on. Does this update fix that, or are there still some attributes it can't handle?
The Golden Age; 'A different look at a different era.'

http://archiveofourown.org/works/1089779/chapters/2193203

mac402

Congratulations! Your site was what got me into Freedom Force series in the first place. @kkhohoho: There is an ini file in the programs directory where you can add any custom attribute to the list.

kkhohoho

Quote from: mac402 on August 03, 2015, 08:55:43 PM
@kkhohoho: There is an ini file in the programs directory where you can add any custom attribute to the list.

I've tried, but next to every full name of an attribute, there's a slightly different version of the name, like so: 'Accidental Change,accidentalchange'. And the second version comes out differently for each attribute, such as: 'Air Superiority,ffqairsuperiority'. So unless I know what the second version of the name for an attribute like Combat Skill is, the actual attribute won't register when loading up a herofile with such an attribute. Does anyone know how I can get a list of FFX attributes that look like those second versions I'm referring to? If so, please let me know.

spydermann93

Open up the "strings.txt" in your mod's "Lang" folder.

Search for the attribute's name, in-game.

For example, look for "Human Cannonball" and you'll find:

attrib_cannonball_01, human cannonball
attrib_cannonball_desc_01, when you blast off your skin is surrounded by a shield and you cause an explosion when you land.

The name in bold is the "other name" that you're looking for.

kkhohoho

Quote from: spydermann93 on August 04, 2015, 02:58:52 AM
Open up the "strings.txt" in your mod's "Lang" folder.

Search for the attribute's name, in-game.

For example, look for "Human Cannonball" and you'll find:

attrib_cannonball_01, human cannonball
attrib_cannonball_desc_01, when you blast off your skin is surrounded by a shield and you cause an explosion when you land.

The name in bold is the "other name" that you're looking for.

Thanks. Unfortunately, while I managed to find the proper name for Combat Skill and edited into the Hero File Editor, the attribute still doesn't show up when I load up my Batman, who I gave the Master version of the skill to. The skill shows up in the dropdown box for attributes, but I'm not sure if the attribute will actually work or not when I boot up the game. I guess I could just give it a try for myself, though that won't be for a bit.

spydermann93

Hmmm... that's pretty strange.  Which version of EZHero are you using?

kkhohoho

Quote from: spydermann93 on August 04, 2015, 04:04:25 AM
Hmmm... that's pretty strange.  Which version of EZHero are you using?

Now, I'm using the latest, 3.5.

Cyber Burn

Alex, thank you for everything you have brought to the Community. Your site is part of the reason that it's still going strong.

Kenn

You might be wonder why I'm posting this picture here.   Well, Alex isn't in his Freedom Fortress at the moment; he and his family are travelling.  And yesterday, after more years than either of need to admit, Alex and I met in person yesterday.   
My Amazing Woman - A Romantic Comedy of Super Heroic Proportions.

Also what Lightning Man and Kenn-X have been doing lately.

President Raygun

Hope you guys made it in time for the complimentary breakfast  ;) That being said that is awesome guys  :thumbup:

WyldFyre

For Freedom!

FF Museum Website: http://ffmuseum.org/

daglob

deanjo2000

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/da3a3y1ac4uqp/FreedoForce

"sorry she couldn`t wait" superman to wonderman jla/avengers.

yell0w_lantern

Yellow Lantern smash!

Cyber Burn

That is really cool guys, I would love to be able to spend an afternoon and hang with some of my fellow FR Members. Color me jealous.  :D

abenavides

Yep finally meeting KennX himself was an epic moment! :)

Quick update today - I fixed the Send to Text bug in EZHero. You can once again create text file summaries of your hero files. Thanks to Benton for pointing out the bug (which was likely there for a few versions - I don't normally use this feature so didn't notice the problem!) I improved the code a little so it now also automatically names the text file the same as your hero file and puts it on your desktop.
www.alexff.com

abenavides

Sorry there's been no update for a while. Job and RL keeping me busy.
Do have some stuff from DaGlob and Kenn that I've been slowly(!) putting up, so hopefully an update very soon.
www.alexff.com