• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Timm Hero Creator

Started by UnkoMan, June 12, 2008, 11:54:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UnkoMan

Has anybody posted about this yet?

It's a portuguese program. Still being updated and finalized, from what I can tell, but it's pretty darn neat.

EDIT: Oh heck, here's an official marvel one, too.

kkhohoho

Is there a way to save the designs you've created?

This seems to be a knock off of hero machine
http://www.ugo.com/channels/comics/heroMachine2/heromachine2.asp
as for saving the info yes you can do it on heromachine.

UnkoMan

I never quite liked heromachine, though. It's better than that Marvel one, but I was still frustrated by it.

This one has the same sort of problems, obviously, and since I can just draw it doesn't even matter.

As for saving it, you can just take a screen shot. That's what I always do.

kkhohoho

Quote from: UnkoMan on June 12, 2008, 06:24:24 PM
I never quite liked heromachine, though. It's better than that Marvel one, but I was still frustrated by it.

This one has the same sort of problems, obviously, and since I can just draw it doesn't even matter.

How do I take a screenshot?

BWPS

Quote from: kkhohoho on June 12, 2008, 08:42:27 PM

How do I take a screenshot?

Press the Prt Scrn on your keyboard (usually right above Insert) then go into MSPAINT and click edit>paste (or control + V).

Useful!

Lunarman

Hmm, the marvel tool is nice. Pretty restrictive but could be fun for people that can't draw.
Here's Lunarman
[spoiler][/spoiler]

As you can see I couldn't get the grey quite right, but otherwise he's close. I might try with the Timmverse one later today.

--------------EDIT------------

I did a Timmverse one too: It was more confusing due to the language thing, but I think I figured it out. I'd say it's more versatile than the marvel one but doesn't have as many accessories and such.
Anyway, this is Lunarman's second Timmverse incarnation:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Dr.Volt

The Timm creator has MUCH more variety than the Marvel one.  And in deed, the Marvel creator seems to be just a slimmed down version of Hero Machine which is just ok.  But the Timm creator was very fun to play with.  I was able to do a pretty decent version of my OC Tempest.  I'll have to try that screen shot fxn.  Very fun!!!  Thanks, Unko!!

Podmark

Found these a couple weeks back. The Timm one is very nice, the Marvel one just felt like a knockoff of Heromachine.

lugaru

Same here, I think the marvel one is hero machine without a lot of pieces and the few that remain are very centered on specific heroes.

The Tim one is pretty amazing, very fond of that system.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Glitch Girl

My test: can I make Glitch Girl with it.

Marvel: Not even close.  There was no jacket (which, while I can quibble on the shape, HAS to be there.  It's practically signature), and the pants didn't layer right with any of the boots. 

Played with the guy templates as well.  The Monstrous male didn't even get an option for masks (what's with that?) and all the hair looked terrible for some reason.  Also, something was off in the belts, as a lot of things like holsters and so forth were placed in the middle of the body instead of off to the side.  Kinda sloppy if you ask me. 

Timm:
Pretty darn close. 
[spoiler][/spoiler]
Would like a little more color control and maybe a few tweaks on hair, but consdiering the depth of this one, I'm not really complaining.  Having multiple layers for each part, including splitting up gloves and shoes for asymitry was a very nice touch.  Texture options were cool also (not pictured here)   This one just feels like far more thought was put into it, as opposed to the Marvel one which looks slapped together.

UnkoMan

Well the Marvel one is clearly just a sort of gimmicky thing. Just like tons of other shoddy freebees they produce, it's a ploy to say "hey we are hip and fun, keep buying Marvel!"

Not that I have anything against them. But it'd be nice if they put more effort into it.

The Timm one is obviously made out of love for characters. That's what matters. Although, I'll admit that I can't make the majority of my characters on it. I can make some decent looking folks though, and I quite enjoyed it. If anything, it beats HeroMachine on aesthetic style alone.

The_Baroness

Ummm well i wanted to see what i could do with the Timm one and... i think this is pretty close to how my avatar may look

[spoiler][/spoiler]

docdelorean88

It's being changed! it looks more like the style the animators use on spectacular spider-man.

BentonGrey

(emphasis added)

I hate you, and all of your artistically gifted ilk. ;)

Neat find!

docdelorean88

Gracias dude. I liked the timm one alot but this one certainly has an interesting style