• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Request for a animation suggestion

Started by Vertex, December 11, 2008, 09:49:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vertex

I hate to admit it but I've hit a mental roadblock for my key sets, dodges for superspeed characters.
It cant' be anything that requires 2 bodies or extra objects because it's for keys for many meshes so.... if ya got a bright idea.. let me have it.

Thank you in advance for any possible suggestions.

detourne_me

well, since you asked...  Remember in the movies Spider-man 1 when pete dodge's flash's punch, and he does a double take at the fist, then at flash...
Well in movies we only ever see that done in slow-motion..  how would it look for us at normal speed?
so, umm animation wise, maybe a side step, with at double take or so..  maybe even a little smile too, since this is a VX mesh?

you could also do some cocky animations too.. maybe a small dodge and then the hero yawns. or even a little dance...   another idea, tricky to pull off is that the hero runs behind the attacker, taps him on the shoulder, then runs back to the spot where he was.

herodad1

maybe a quick turn to the left or right( kinda like an open door movement ).also maybe speed blocks with its arms(blocking punches) or a vibrating movement.another idea(might not be what your wanting now but an idea for specific vx_characters) is the fx trail behind your speedsters.instead of a color trail maybe a multi-image of the character with dust coming from his feet.

yell0w_lantern

I really like the dodge animation where the character remains in idle and the mesh gets moved to a different (far away) location in each key. Also, the running quickly in a large circle animation is a classic.

doctorchallenger

You could have the mesh back pedal (run backwards) away from the attack. If you want to add a cocky element you could have the character thumb his/her nose at the attacker (http://french.about.com/library/graphics/gestures/g-pieddenez.jpg)

docdelorean88

Quote from: detourne_me on December 11, 2008, 10:02:17 PM
well, since you asked...  Remember in the movies Spider-man 1 when pete dodge's flash's punch, and he does a double take at the fist, then at flash...
Well in movies we only ever see that done in slow-motion..  how would it look for us at normal speed?
so, umm animation wise, maybe a side step, with at double take or so..  maybe even a little smile too, since this is a VX mesh?

you could also do some cocky animations too.. maybe a small dodge and then the hero yawns. or even a little dance...   another idea, tricky to pull off is that the hero runs behind the attacker, taps him on the shoulder, then runs back to the spot where he was.

I think any of those are great!