• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Your opinions....again.

Started by murs47, November 08, 2008, 10:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

murs47

I think we did this in early 2007. With 2009 nearing close, I'm just curious to see how our book choices have changed.

Favorite 3 Marvel Title:
Favorite 3 DC Title:
Favorite 3 Other (if any):

Most Recently Dropped Title(s):
Most Recently Picked Up Title(s):

Biggest (Pleasant) Surprise(s):
Biggest Disappointment(s):

Titles That Should Be Avoided:
Titles That You Recommend:

Title(s) Going Downhill:
Title(s) Getting Better:

Favorite Writer and Artist (working right now):
Get These People Off That Title! :
Title That Should Be Brought Back:

Here's mine:

Favorite 3 Marvel Title: X-Force, Captain America, and Ultimate Spider-Man
Favorite 3 DC Title: Green Lantern, Green Lantern Corps, and Green Arrow/Black Canary
Favorite 3 Other (if any): Scalped, DMZ, and Ex Machina

Most Recently Dropped Title(s): Cable, New Warriors, and Young X-Men
Most Recently Picked Up Title(s): Invincible Iron-Man, The Exterminators, Elephantmen, Dynamo 5, and Gemini

Biggest (Pleasant) Surprise(s): X-Force. I seriously had no expectations of this book and it has done nothing but entertain me. The Walking Dead. It's just full of surprises!
Biggest Disappointment(s): Deadpool and DC in general, as of late. Green Lantern is the only good thing going on. And, it's the only thing that makes sense at the moment. Everything else is just too continuity heavy and confusing as heck. Hopefully Final Crisis clears this all up.

Titles That Should Be Avoided: Exiles. Somehow it still exists...
Titles That You Recommend: The Losers, The Nightly News, Ex Machina, Scalped, and DMZ.

Title(s) Going Downhill: Astonishing X-Men. It's kind of hard to follow up what Whedon did with Astonishing.
Title(s) Getting Better: Invincible. The delays were killing this title for me. But, now that Kirkman is back on schedule, this is quickly rising back to one of my favorites.

Favorite Writer and Artist (working right now): Geoff Johns. He's been brewing a masterpiece with Green Lantern for the past few years and he's still not done.
Get These People Off That Title!: Daniel Way off of Deadpool, asap.
Title That Should Be Brought Back: New X-Men with Yost and Kyle

Previsionary

really, murs? Now you're just being silly ( ;))

Favorite 3 Marvel Title: X-men First Class, X-force, Incredible Hercules
Favorite 3 DC Title: As of now...N/A
Favorite 3 Other (if any): Buffy, Angel, Spike

Most Recently Dropped Title(s): Spider-man: BND
Most Recently Picked Up Title(s): Cable (the new direction and art make it average worthy now), invincible ironman, guardians of the galaxy, Civil War: house of M

Biggest (Pleasant) Surprise(s): Thor, Captain America, Civil War: HoM, CB&MI13
Biggest Disappointment(s): Spider-man: NWTD, New Exiles, New Warriors, Red Hulk (!!!), Uncanny X-men (500+)

Titles That Should Be Avoided: New Warriors, New Exiles, Ultimate X-men, Ultimate Fan 4
Titles That You Recommend: Captain America, Guardians of the Galaxy, Captain Britain, X-men: First Class, Incredible Herc, X-factor, Sub-Mariner: The Depths...that enough?

Title(s) Going Downhill
: Uncanny X-men, Astonishing X-men
Title(s) Getting Better: Cable, New Exiles (ever so slightly)

Favorite Writer and Artist (working right now): Jeff Parker and Paul Cornell...no particular artist
Get These People Off That Title! : CLAREMONT...Exiles, Way- Wolverine and Deadpool, Loeb- Ultimate verse, Hulk
Title That Should Be Brought Back: X-men: First Class- if the rumors are true, this'll be a mini series again. I want an ongoing! New X-men- Young X-men isn't holding up so far. FNSM- Many didn't like it, but it had a nice supporting cast and fun stories during a particularly dark time in the spidey-verse.

Podmark

You should dig up the old thread so we can compare.

Favorite 3 Marvel Title: X-Force, Avengers: The Initiative, X-Factor (Arc depending ASM can sneak in here) (I expect Mighty Avengers will soon take one of these spots)
Favorite 3 DC Title: Secret Six, Booster Gold, JLA
Favorite 3 Other (if any): Invincible, Buffy, Angel

Most Recently Dropped Title(s): New Warriors, Teen Titans
Most Recently Picked Up Title(s): Secret Six (but that just started), Amazing Spider-Man

Biggest (Pleasant) Surprise(s): X-Force - when it was first announced I had no interest, by the end of the first issue it was my favorite comic, Avengers: The Initiative - always had some interest and picked up the first trade to get an online over high enough to get free shipping. Started picking it up immediately after.
Biggest Disappointment(s): New Warriors - just a terrible executed comic. Teen Titans - how the mighty have fallen. Uncanny X-Men 500 - it might have been the worst single issue I ever read.

Titles That Should Be Avoided: New Exiles unless your a Claremont fan, anything by Loeb, possibly Uncanny X-Men.
Titles That You Recommend: X-Force, Secret Six.

Title(s) Going Downhill: Avengers: The Initiative is losing Slott and Cassili and this concerns me, so maybe. Also Booster Gold after it lost Johns and Katz (though it might be ok once Jurgens is back)
Title(s) Getting Better: Young X-Men, X-Factor (Stroman's gone!!)

Favorite Writer and Artist (working right now):
Writer:

• the Chris Yost/Craig Kyle team. They just get the X-Men.
  • Geoff Johns has always done great work, but I don't read anything by him regularly
  • Dan Slott is a recent favorite
Artist (there's lots but here's two current favs):
  • Chris Bachalo
  • Mike Choi

Get These People Off That Title! : Claremont, Loeb.
Title That Should Be Brought Back: New X-Men, Carey on a X-Men team book, Cable and Deadpool, Youg Avengers.

murs47

Quote from: Podmark on November 08, 2008, 11:44:37 AM
You should dig up the old thread so we can compare.

http://freedomreborn.net/archive/index.php?topic=43379.0

Quote from: Previsionary on November 08, 2008, 11:20:15 AM
really, murs? Now you're just being silly ( ;))

Impossible. I'm a very serious person.

Pod, I gotta question about Secret Six. Is it continuity heavy? I really enjoyed the Infinite Crisis tie-in a couple years back but all this Final Crisis stuff has got me spinning. :wacko:

Podmark

Quote from: murs47 on November 08, 2008, 12:35:18 PM
Pod, I gotta question about Secret Six. Is it continuity heavy? I really enjoyed the Infinite Crisis tie-in a couple years back but all this Final Crisis stuff has got me spinning. :wacko:

Far as I know there's no mention of any kind of whats happening in Final Crisis. Except Knockout is dead. Actually it's pretty standalone.

Talavar

Favorite 3 Marvel Title: Nova, Incredible Hercules, Avengers: the Initiative
Favorite 3 DC Title: Justice Society of America, Secret Six, Blue Beetle
Favorite 3 Other (if any): Fables, Ex Machina, Hellboy

Most Recently Dropped Title(s): Trinity, Teen Titans, Cable
Most Recently Picked Up Title(s): Nothing new for me at the moment

Titles That Should Be Avoided: New Exiles, New Warriors,
Titles That You Recommend: My favourites above, plus X-factor, X-force, Guardians of the Galaxy, Invincible, Invincible Iron Man, She-Hulk, BPRD

Favorite Writer and Artist (working right now): Dan Slott, Brian K. Vaughan
Get These People Off That Title!: Loeb off everything.  Claremont too.
Title That Should Be Brought Back: Another vote for New X-Men with Yost and Kyle

Jakew

Favorite 3 Marvel Title: Captain America, Thor, Punisher MAX
Favorite 3 DC Title: Jonah Hex, Secret Six, Batman (I've been loving the Grant Morrison run, so help me!)
Favorite 3 Other (if any): Invincible, Fear Agent, Ex Machina

Most Recently Dropped Title(s): Green Arrow / Black Canary
Most Recently Picked Up Title(s): Elephant Men

Biggest (Pleasant) Surprise(s): Fear Agent, All-Star Superman (I thought Superman was a boring character, turns out there are only boring writers)
Biggest Disappointment(s): The Ultimates, Series 3. How can you take a simple concept (the Avengers exist in today's society, action ensues), and trash it so badly? Also, the relaunch of JMS' Squadron Supreme.

Titles That Should Be Avoided: Judging from the lackluster Ultimate Power, Ultimates 3 and Origins, I have a feeling about Marvel's Ultimatuum...
Titles That You Recommend: Crossed, Fear Agent, Invincible, Jonah Hex

Title(s) Going Downhill: Runaways
Title(s) Getting Better: The Walking Dead

Favorite Writer and Artist (working right now): Garth Ennis, Tony Harris
Get These People Off That Title! : Howard Chaykin on Squadron Supreme ... dude, why rebuild an entire, critically-acclaimed comic universe? Just finish the stinky Redstone/Hyperion fight already!
Title That Should Be Brought Back: Where to start? Checkmate, Atom, Irredemable Ant-Man, Manhunter, Birds of Prey, The Exterminators....

The Hitman

Here goes:

Favorite 3 Marvel Title: X- Factor, X- Force, uh... I think that's all of Marvel I read right now...
Favorite 3 DC Title: Green Lantern, Justice Society, Ambush Bug: Year None
Favorite 3 Other (if any): Invincible, various Tick trades

Most Recently Dropped Title(s): I still can't bring myself to drop a title I've started. I am extremely glad that Infinity Inc. is done, because it was awful!
Most Recently Picked Up Title(s): The Flash: Rebirth (not out yet, but I'm looking forward to it.)

Biggest (Pleasant) Surprise(s): Booster Gold. The complexity of Geoff John's knowledge of DCU history is astounding.
Biggest Disappointment(s): Final Crisis- 'Nuff Said

Titles That Should Be Avoided: Batman, just for right now.
Titles That You Recommend: Ambush Bug: Year None

Title(s) Going Downhill: Teen Titans. This better pick back up.
Title(s) Getting Better: The Titans. Old- school TT team back together! Woo!

Favorite Writer and Artist (working right now): Geoff Johns and Ethan Van Skiver (met Van Skiver at Mid- Ohio- Con, great guy)
Get These People Off That Title!: This is going to sound silly. I would like to see Dwane MacDuffie leave Justice League. I dunno, he's been really hit or miss lately. I'd like to see Brad Metzler come back.
Title That Should Be Brought Back: Irredeemable Ant- Man! We Need It!!

Off- topic a little: I heard a rumor that the old Milestone Comics Universe is being folded into DC main continuity. Has anyone else heard this?

Podmark

Quote from: The Hitman on November 10, 2008, 08:57:37 AM
Off- topic a little: I heard a rumor that the old Milestone Comics Universe is being folded into DC main continuity. Has anyone else heard this?

Yep it's happening. The next JLA issue is all about it. And Static will be joining the Teen Titans.
We had a thread about it a while ago.

The Hitman

Quote from: Podmark on November 10, 2008, 09:02:14 AM
Quote from: The Hitman on November 10, 2008, 08:57:37 AM

Yep it's happening. The next JLA issue is all about it. And Static will be joining the Teen Titans.
We had a thread about it a while ago.

Hey, cool. Don't know how I missed the thread, but cool.

AfghanAnt

Favorite 3 Marvel Title: Thor, New Avengers, Astonishing X-Men
Favorite 3 DC Title: Trinity, Action Comics, All-Star Superman
Favorite 3 Other (if any): Buffy, Doktor Sleepless, Freak Angel

Most Recently Dropped Title(s): Runaways, X-Factor (I hate the art)
Most Recently Picked Up Title(s): Marvel Adventures The Avengers, Legions of Three Worlds

Biggest (Pleasant) Surprise(s): Marvel Adventures The Avengers, Ultimate Origins (it felt like the Ultimate Universe)
Biggest Disappointment(s): Ultimates V3, Fantastic Four

Titles That Should Be Avoided: Ultimates V3, Uncanny X-Men, Young X-Men, Teen Titans, Titans, Final Countdown Anything
Titles That You Recommend: Marvel Adventures The Avengers, Thor, Action Comics, Legions of Three Worlds

Title(s) Going Downhill: X-Men: Legacy
Title(s) Getting Better: Supergirl (just barely)

Favorite Writer and Artist (working right now): Oliver Coipel, Mark Miller, JMS, Bendis!, Jim Lee, Bryan Hitch, Chris Bachalo
Get These People Off That Title! : Brubaker on Uncanny X-Men, Humberto Ramos on Runaways
Title That Should Be Brought Back: Cloak and Dagger, New X-Men

Blkcasanova247

Favorite 3 Marvel Title: Thor, Captain America & Ultimate Spider Man
Favorite 3 DC Title: Green Lantern, Green Lantern Corp, Justice Society of America
Favorite 3 Other (if any): The Artesia books(when it comes out), Powers( yeah..I know..Icon is also Marvel), The Boys

Most Recently Dropped Title(s): Teen Titans, Ex Machina
Most Recently Picked Up Title(s): ....

Biggest (Pleasant) Surprise(s): Secret Invasion, Ultimate Origin, Eternals
Biggest Disappointment(s): Final Crisis, Ultimates, Ultimatum, Ultimate X-Men, Squadron Supreme (Non JMS version), Ultimate FF.

Titles That Should Be Avoided: Final Crisis!
Titles That You Recommend: Thor...and any thing written by Geoff Johns

Title(s) Going Downhill: Justice League of America
Title(s) Getting Better:......

Favorite Writer and Artist (working right now): Geoff Johns, Brian Michael Bendis, Ed Brubaker, Matt Fraction, JM Straczynski, Mark Millar, Oliver Coipel, Matthew Clark, Tom Raney, Ivan Reis, Pat Gleason, Stephen Roux and Jimmy Cheung.
Get These People Off That Title! : JEFF LOEB OFF ANYTHING!!!!!!
Title That Should Be Brought Back: Crossgen books (Scion, Sigil, Meridian and The Negation)

Mystik

Favorite 3 Marvel Title: Thor, Captain America & New Avengers
Favorite 3 DC Title: Green Lantern, Action Comics, Batman
Favorite 3 Other (if any): Buffy, Angel
Most Recently Dropped Title(s): Teen Titans, Hulk, Flash *until rebirth
Most Recently Picked Up Title(s): Inv. Ironman
Biggest (Pleasant) Surprise(s): Secret Invasion, Ultimate Origin, Batman
Biggest Disappointment(s): Final Crisis, Ultimates 3, Ultimatum, Ultimate X-Men, New Warriors

Titles That Should Be Avoided: Final Crisis!
Titles That You Recommend: GL, Captain America

Title(s) Going Downhill: Teen Titans
Title(s) Getting Better: Titans

Favorite Writer and Artist (working right now): Geoff Johns, Brian Michael Bendis, Ed Brubaker, Dan Slott, Mark Millar, Oliver Coipel, Jim Lee,  the Kuberts, Ivan Reis, Steve Mcvi...(the guy on civil war), Ethan Van Sciver and kinda sorta Alex Ross.
Get These People Off That Title! : the current artist on X-factor
Title That Should Be Brought Back: Young Justice

bredon7777

Favorite 3 Marvel Titles: She Hulk, X-Factor, and Thor
Favorite 3 DC titles: JSA, Batman, Booster Gold
Favorite 3 (Others) Buffy (Angel is 'meh'; get them out of Hell already), Project Superpowers, Hellboy

Most Recently dropped title: Flash (I'll pick it back up when Barry comes back), Most of Marvel's output
Most Recently picked-up title:Secret Six, Dresden files

Biggest: Pleasant Surprise : How top-notch the vast majority of the Final Crisis tie-in's are (most notably Final Crisis:Submit/Final Crisis:Resist), House of Mystery
Biggest Disappointment: Marvel's constant butt-<bleeping> of their IP over the past few years

Tittles that should be avoided: Anything with the words "Initiative, Invasion, 'Brand New Day', 'Civil War'" in the title
Title that you recommend: Final Crisis, JLA, JSA, Batman, Secret Six, Booster Gold, Buffy, Hellboy, Green Lantern

Titles going downhill: Every Marvel title except the three I mentioned above.
Titles Getting Better: Most DC titles have been getting better and better, though I suppose that could just be improving by comparison

Favorite Writer: Joss Whedon, Grant Morrison, Geoff Johns
Favorite Artist: Alex Ross, John Cassady

Get These people off that title: Joey Q out of the EIC chair at Marvel.
Title that should be brought back: All new Atom, Xombi, Grant Morrisons 'Doom Patrol'

GhostMachine

Favorite 3 Marvel Title: Captain America and Avengers/Invaders are the only two Marvel books I am reading
Favorite 3 DC Title: Batman, Justice Society of America, Wonder Woman
Favorite 3 Other (if any):

Most Recently Dropped Title(s): Ms. Marvel, but that was last year; may be dropping Batman depending on the Batman R.I.P. storyline's outcome
Most Recently Picked Up Title(s):

Biggest (Pleasant) Surprise(s): FX mini-series by Wayne Osborne and John Byrne, from IDW and Gail Simone on Wonder Woman (I was contemplating dropping WW until I found out she was taking over as thr writer)
Biggest Disappointment(s): Grant Morrison on Batman; its been more miss than hit

Titles That Should Be Avoided: Spider-Man titles until BND is tossed out
Titles That You Recommend: Wonder Woman

Title(s) Going Downhill: Just about every Marvel title
Title(s) Getting Better:

Favorite Writer and Artist (working right now): writers - Ed Brubaker and Gail Simone (sorry, but I can't pick one over the other), artist - Steve Epting
Get These People Off That Title!: Morrison off Batman, Bendis off any non-Ultimate Universe title, and Joe Q out as Marvel's EIC
Title That Should Be Brought Back: Young Heroes In Love, Doom Patrol (non-Vertigo, non-Morrison, non-Byrne (John Byrne is one of my favorite writers AND artists, but his DP reboot was unnecessary))

Podmark

Quote from: Mystik on November 10, 2008, 08:06:37 PM
Get These People Off That Title! : the current artist on X-factor

Good news Stroman is off X-Factor for the forseeable future. The current artist is Valentine De Landro.
Quote from: Peter DavidMy understanding is that Valentine Delandro is going to be doing the book regularly
http://comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=18520

murs47

Quote from: Jakew on November 08, 2008, 06:25:43 PM
Title That Should Be Brought Back: Where to start? Checkmate, Atom, Irredemable Ant-Man, Manhunter, Birds of Prey, The Exterminators....

They canceled Exterminators? I just picked up the first 2 trades. Man, such a great title. I feel somewhat guilty for its cancellation because I came aboard so late. :(

Pod, I picked the Secret Six: Six Degrees of Devastation trade and the first 3 issues of the new ongoing. I must say, it's even better then Villains United. Who would've thought Ragdoll and Mad Hatter could be such great characters. And what about Bane? His atempt at being Vandal's father figure is hilarious.
I'm tempted to pick up the back trades of Simone's Birds of Prey run and start picking up Wonder Woman.

How did Knockout die?

pr1983

Favorite 3 Marvel Title: The Initiative (even after what they did to komodo/hardball, asses...), X-Force (poor characterisation imo, but great fights, and it looks gorgeous). Kabuki.
Favorite 3 DC Title: Action Comics, Green Lantern, JSA.
Favorite 3 Other (if any): anything with Shi in it.

Most Recently Dropped Title(s): None as yet...
Most Recently Picked Up Title(s): Detective Comics (after a long time of not reading)

Biggest (Pleasant) Surprise(s): Cable (purely for the cyclops introspective issue)
Biggest Disappointment(s): Ellis on Astonishing X-Men *cries*, Robinson on Superman...

Titles That Should Be Avoided: JLA, unless, like me, you love Benes' art. If you're a Hank Pym fan, stay away from Mighty or New Avengers, though an exception should be made for Cho's art on the first few issues of Mighty.
Titles That You Recommend: Action Comics, Detective Comics, Green Lantern, The Initiative, JSA, Booster Gold (assuming Johns will be coming back), X-Force (nice fights, nice art)

Title(s) Going Downhill: Uncanny X-Men (fraction.... ugh.)
Title(s) Getting Better: X-Force, if ever so slowly. Crap Cyclops characterisation, though, imo...

Favorite Writer and Artist (working right now): Geoff Johns (writes multiple series'), Ed Benes (art on JLA), Mike Choi (art on X-Force)
Get These People Off That Title! : Dwayne McDuffie off of JLA. Fraction, Gage, Yost and Carey off anything involving senior x-men. Bendis. Just in general.
Title That Should Be Brought Back: Avengers. Classic, Tony and Steve and Thor and Hank and Clint and Janet together Avengers...

Podmark

Quote from: murs47 on November 29, 2008, 10:06:48 AM
How did Knockout die?

It happened in Birds of Prey but I didn't read that issue but it was related to all the New Gods dying. She is killed by Infinity-Man.

Jakew

QuoteThey canceled Exterminators? I just picked up the first 2 trades. Man, such a great title. I feel somewhat guilty for its cancellation because I came aboard so late. sad

Yeah, it ended prematurely with issue #30. It was supposed to run until #35. However, the producers of the TV show Dexter have picked it up as a TV-series on ShowTime.

It sucks that is got cancelled, but I think the change in artists hurt the title a little. Tony Moore should have drawn more issues.

QuoteHow did Knockout die?

[spoiler]She got killed by Infinity Man http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Knockout-death.PNG[/spoiler]

Mr. Hamrick

It's a shame Knockout is dead.  She was one of the few "New Gods" characters I actually liked.  Anyways . . .

Favorite 3 Marvel Title:  I have avoid any and all titles since "Civil War" and "The Death of Captain America" though I might pick up Captain America again if Joe Q will either leave Marvel as EIC or something a little more harsher.
Favorite 3 DC Title: Batman, Detective Comics, John Constaintine: Hellblazer
Favorite 3 Other (if any): none that I can think of off hand.

Most Recently Dropped Title(s): Madam Xanadu
Most Recently Picked Up Title(s): House of Mystery

Biggest (Pleasant) Surprise(s): House of Mystery
Biggest Disappointment(s): Madam Xanadu

Titles That Should Be Avoided: Madam Xanadu
Titles That You Recommend: House of Secrets

Title(s) Going Downhill: N/A
Title(s) Getting Better: Detective Comics - Dini's work just keeps getting better and better.

Favorite Writer and Artist (working right now): Paul Dini (writer) and Matthew Sturges (writer) and Tony Akins (artist) 

I don't normally pay attention to who the artist is unless it's Jim Lee also.   EDIT: Steve Scott, who did some work on Shadowpact and some illustration work for Smallville, is cool.  Went out partying on my birthday and encountered him.  Oh, and there are apparently two Steve Scotts, one is American and the other is British.   

Get These People Off That Title! : How about GET JOE Q OUT OF MARVEL!!
Title That Should Be Brought Back: House of Secrets (specially since House of Mystery is going right now!)

Ok, so my reading has been limited on the comics front lately.

Courtnall6

Favorite 3 Marvel Title: None...stopped reading ages ago. When I was reading comics...Captain America, Thor, Spider-Man.
Favorite 3 DC Title: None...stopped reading ages ago. When I was reading comics...Batman, Superman, Justice Leaugue.
Favorite 3 Other (if any): None...stopped reading ages ago. When I was reading...John Byrne's Next-Men, Savage Dragon, Stormwatch.

Most Recently Dropped Title(s): Everything...15+ years ago.
Most Recently Picked Up Title(s): Nothing recently. Last comic I bought was the Kingdom Come trade.

Biggest (Pleasant) Surprise(s): The comic book industry is still going.
Biggest Disappointment(s): The merging of the Marvel Universe and the Marvel Movieverse = The Ultimate Marvel Universe and realism in comics.

Titles That Should Be Avoided: Not sure...looks like a whole bunch of them.
Titles That You Recommend: Can't say...nothing I've seen has pulled me back in.

Title(s) Going Downhill: Dunno
Title(s) Getting Better: Dunno

Favorite Writer and Artist (working right now): Sadly he doesn't work for the big 2 these days...not that there's much for him to work with.
Get These People Off That Title! :...
Title That Should Be Brought Back: Alpha Flight. The Original Alpha Flight. You know...Guardian, Shaman, Snowbird, Aurora, Northstar, Puck, Marina, and Sasquatch. The team that every AF fan wants...but Marvel refuses to give to them.

Tekkarath

Well this looks fun.

Favorite 3 Marvel Title: Nova, Guardians of the Galaxy, Runaways (Still figuring out how I feel about the new book.)
Favorite 3 DC Title: JLA, JSA, Green Lantern in general.
Favorite 3 Other (if any): Hack/Slash, Invincible, Star Wars Legacy

Most Recently Dropped Title(s): Eternals
Most Recently Picked Up Title(s): Thor (Man of War.. heh Man-o-war), Body Bags, Ultimatum  (Don't really read ultimate stuff so ehh.)

Biggest (Pleasant) Surprise(s): The writing in the last three issues of Amazing Spider-Man, and Rulk.
Biggest Disappointment(s): Maelstrom

Titles That Should Be Avoided: Maelstrom, Secret Invasion.
Titles That You Recommend: Batman: Cacophony, JLA/JSA, spider-man, Body Bags (Great once shot read.)

Title(s) Going Downhill: New Krypton Arc (We'll see.  If we don't start seeing dead kryptonians in an issue or two I'll be sad.), 
Title(s) Getting Better:

Favorite Writer and Artist (working right now): I don't pay much attention to the names as much as I should, but the writing in Spidey is great.  And of course the Alex Ross' stuff recently.
Get These People Off That Title! : Dunno
Title That Should Be Brought Back: Scarlet Spider!  >_>

zuludelta

Favorite 3 Marvel Titles: not currently reading any on-going Marvel books
Favorite 3 DC Title: not currently reading any on-going DC books
Favorite 3 Other (if any): The Boys (Garth Ennis/Darick Robertson; Dynamite Comics); Casanova (Matt Fraction/Gabriel Ba; Image Comics; series currently on hiatus); The Chemist (Jay Boose; Image Comics; series currently on hiatus) 

Most Recently Dropped Title(s): Punisher MAX, The Immortal Iron Fist
Most Recently Picked Up Title(s): The Boys (Garth Ennis/Darick Robertson; Dynamite Comics)

Biggest (Pleasant) Surprise(s): GI Joe #0 from IDW Publishing... the preview stories by fan-favourite writer Larry Hama, long-time comics scribe Chuck Dixon & franchise newcomers Christos Gage & Mike Costa have me looking forward to the line-wide re-launch and universe re-boot next year

Biggest Disappointment(s): Foolkiller MAX... the excellent art by Lan Medina only served to highlight how awful novelist-turned-comics writer Gregg Hurwitz' take on the character concept is. Recently deceased Foolkiller creator Steve Gerber must be turning in his grave

Titles That Should Be Avoided: ehhh... the general comics industry need all the readers it can get, so I'll just take a pass here
Titles That You Recommend: I hope more readers branch out & try books from smaller publishers and non-superhero books. Image Comics, Dynamite Comics, and Boom! Studios in particular, are putting out some pretty great science fiction & crime-thriller titles (albeit the scheduling is somewhat iffy)

Title(s) Going Downhill: Punisher MAX... they should have really ended the book with Garth Ennis' departure earlier this year. I want to give new writer Duane Swierczynski a chance but his work so far has been something of a letdown.

Title(s) Getting Better: The Boys (Garth Ennis/Darick Robertson; Dynamite Comics)... I'm not a big fan of Ennis' superhero work... I've always preferred his crime/sci-fi stuff. "The Boys" started out as a seemingly mean-spirited take on spandex types but it's gotten a lot more incisive, intelligent, and topically relevant the past few issues (especially with Ennis drawing parallels between superheroes & the real world defense contract industry). If you can get past the layers of foul language, gratuitous sex & violence, and wink-wink nudge-nudge jabs at the superhero genre, I recommend giving this book a try.

Favorite Writer and Artist (working right now): Writers: Garth Ennis, Matt Fraction, Steven Grant; Artists:Eduardo Risso, Goran Parlov, Gabriel Ba, Skottie Young
Get These People Off That Title!: I'll take a pass on this one
Title That Should Be Brought Back: I'd love to see a new anthology title from Marvel in the vein of the old "Marvel Comics Presents," where established and neophyte writers and artists have a bit more creative free rein and aren't bound by strict continuity or editorial fiat