• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Sorry, but need help installing sounds...

Started by pr1983, November 25, 2008, 10:19:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pr1983

Alright, basically:

I haven't played FF in a few years, and have only recently started getting back into it. I'm using FF (as my FFVTR hasnt arrived yet), and im building my database. Anyways, i found myself some sounds i want to add (specifically the wonderful shazam sound effect), but i find myself not knowing what to do to install it and tie it to that move.

if there's a link to somewhere explaining how to do this, i'd appreciate it, but if anyone can tell me quickly, basically:

have FX
have sound
need to combine the two so that when cap uses his shazam bolt power, the sound will play.

i vaguely remember something about an application called ffedit, but i cant seem to find it to dl it...

sorry again...

Previsionary

I'm fairly sure there's a thread to answer this, but I don't recall it off hand. Anyway, you will need ffedit which is on freedomfans and while you're there, you can also glance at the tutorials the site offers. The sound effect you speak of probably came from Ren, right? I'm sure he probably added a readme with that info as well...but:

Quote from: freedom fansFX

Sounds which are associated with special visual effects in the game.

Naming convention:

a) Simple effects:

fx_[name]

b) Multipart effects:

fx_[name]_1                  (start)
fx_[name]_2                  (core)
fx_[name]_3                  (end)

For instance, the "portal_activate" effect in mission 19 is a simple effect, so it generates the sound schema:

fx_portal_activate

A more advanced example, Alchemiss' arcane bolt is a multipart effect, so it generates the following sound schemas on charge up:

fx_alchemiss_arcanebolt_1

then when she fires the arcane bolt:

fx_alchemiss_arcanebolt_2

and finally when / if the arcane bolt connects with its target:

fx_alchemiss_arcanebolt_3

pr1983

pr1983

sorry to double post... i did get it from ren, but he had written it for ffvtr, so i dont know if there's much difference...