• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

X-Men: First Class

Started by Ares_God_of_War, November 19, 2008, 12:48:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Midnite

Isn't it too soon for a reboot already?

catwhowalksbyhimself

It sounds to me like it isn't really a reboot, but a new movie in the same universe focusing on younger characters.  Just because the article uses that word doesn't mean they know what it means.

Talavar

Isn't this the oft-discussed movie focusing on the younger characters as already established in the films?  That's what I took away from the article, and others like it on the internets.

catwhowalksbyhimself

QuoteIsn't this the oft-discussed movie focusing on the younger characters as already established in the films?  That's what I took away from the article, and others like it on the internets.

That's what I got too, but the article uses the word reboot, which is what is confusing some people, even though it later says that this movie would be part of the X-men canon along with the earlier movies.

Mystik

actually i think this gonna be more like a prequel because i read a young cyclops is involved.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quoteactually i think this gonna be more like a prequel because i read a young cyclops is involved.

You might want to actually read the article before commenting on it.

Shogunn2517

I can't be the only one who thinks this will work far better as a serialized television drama?  IE something Smallville-ish?  I mean, that's what the writer knows and what he's done well at and given the arch of the characters it's a better fit... I mean if you ask me.  Perhaps it's just me.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Not a bad idea, but not going to happen.  Those hundreds of millions of profit from the last three movies are motivation enough to keep the suits from letting that happen.

Talavar

Nothing works better as something Smallville-ish.

Figure Fan

Quote from: catwhowalksbyhimself on November 20, 2008, 08:46:08 PM
Not a bad idea, but not going to happen.  Those hundreds of millions of profit from the last three movies are motivation enough to keep the suits from letting that happen.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha!

I think you're being sarcastic. Either way, great delivery.

catwhowalksbyhimself

QuoteI think you're being sarcastic. Either way, great delivery.

No, I was being quite serious.

TheMarvell

the spin-off wolverine idea I thought was decent. The Magneto one, not so much. The pre-teen X-Men idea, I just thought sucked. I agree that the idea sounds like it'd work better as a tv series. If they want to continue the movies, why not just make a new trilogy? Keep the actors they can afford to bring back, as well as the necessary ones, and start a new story line. That's what I think would work best. Anything else really feels like a true milking of the franchise.

catwhowalksbyhimself

The younger characters have already been introduced and already have had their starring moments in both 2 and 3, so I don't see it that way at all.