• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Macy Parade.... anyone else watching?

Started by RTTingle, November 27, 2008, 08:22:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RTTingle

I have to watch.... one of the few childhood joys I can still have.

So I'm in bed munching on mini-donuts and sipping my hot dark chocolate when the float for Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, Monsters or whatever pops up... the girlfriend complains how this is all the same as last year... they start singing... the song scratches... and out pops Rick Astley singing "Never Going to Give You Up"

I can not make this up.

Especially since I now have to wash the sheets from the huge hot dark chocolate and mini donut spittake I did.

RTT

Midnight

Heh, I heard that he was booked for the parade. Very awesome.

Uncle Yuan

LOL - Marcy's Parade got Rickrolled - I love it!!

catwhowalksbyhimself

I only saw the last few minutes, as I slept rather late, but this is pretty awesomely funny.  It also shows you what a good sport Rick Astley is.  I mean, a lot of singers would want their songs to be treated seriously, not made into a joke, but not only does he not mind (he has stated so in the past) but he willingly goes along with this for the parade.  That's awesome.  You can even see him laughing when the monster things announces that everyone's been Rickrolled.

BWPS

That's the best thing I ever seen. The power went out and we couldn't watch it and at the time I didn't care.

The Hitman

Awesome! I'm not one for RickRolling, but that was pretty great!

ow_tiobe_sb

I'll relate to one and all a relevant story very near and dear to my heart (which is an open book to strangers and a mystery to my bosom friends).  When my family was preparing to move to the U.S. from Dunblane, my great uncle Craig gave the following advice to my father, who is still an active Methodist minister to this day:

"Will [for 'tis his name], I know you plan to bring the word of God to the good peoples of America, but there are a few words of advice that even the good Lord might not share with you.  First, remember that a good scent is almost as effective as good sense.  The truth is not always palatable, so you must smell your best yourself.  Second, never forget whence you come, but never be unprepared to mention Edinburgh as your home rather than this unkempt latrine.  Third, and most important, you should regard your body as a temple--and because you have your blessed heart set on the U.S. territory known as Pennsylvania, you should especially avoid the Rolling Rick [beer].  'Tis a poison only a steady diet of the Black Douglas can counteract.  Keep to these bits of wisdom, and your auntie Mim and I will see you and yours back here again soon enough, we will, Will."

To this day, my father has never touched the Rolling Rick, and I am proud (with a small tear in my eye) to say that I have never taken the fabled poison myself (despite the lows I have experienced here and there).  ^_^  You would do well to heed this advice yourselves, unless you hail from Pennsylvania, where the natives appear to be immune to the effects of the dangerous concoction.

ow_tiobe_sb
Phantom Bunburyist and Fop o' th' Morning

Mr. Hamrick

I thought the beer was called Rolling Rock?

Um . . . what have I been drinking then?   :wacko: :blink: :huh:

Quote from: ow_tiobe_sb on November 28, 2008, 08:34:05 PM
I'll relate to one and all a relevant story very near and dear to my heart (which is an open book to strangers and a mystery to my bosom friends).  When my family was preparing to move to the U.S. from Dunblane, my great uncle Craig gave the following advice to my father, who is still an active Methodist minister to this day:

"Will [for 'tis his name], I know you plan to bring the word of God to the good peoples of America, but there are a few words of advice that even the good Lord might not share with you.  First, remember that a good scent is almost as effective as good sense.  The truth is not always palatable, so you must smell your best yourself.  Second, never forget whence you come, but never be unprepared to mention Edinburgh as your home rather than this unkempt latrine.  Third, and most important, you should regard your body as a temple--and because you have your blessed heart set on the U.S. territory known as Pennsylvania, you should especially avoid the Rolling Rick [beer].  'Tis a poison only a steady diet of the Black Douglas can counteract.  Keep to these bits of wisdom, and your auntie Mim and I will see you and yours back here again soon enough, we will, Will."

To this day, my father has never touched the Rolling Rick, and I am proud (with a small tear in my eye) to say that I have never taken the fabled poison myself (despite the lows I have experienced here and there).  ^_^  You would do well to heed this advice yourselves, unless you hail from Pennsylvania, where the natives appear to be immune to the effects of the dangerous concoction.

ow_tiobe_sb
Phantom Bunburyist and Fop o' th' Morning

MJB

Now I've been Rick Rolled by Fosters Home. The end is nigh.

-MJB