• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

ice slide

Started by bearded, November 17, 2008, 10:37:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bearded

i had an idea for ice slide.  ever notice how for heavy foot, there is a decal of damage circles following the character?
if we could replace this decal with an ice circle, it would be a start.
the perfect idea would be instead of flight for iceman, it would be the sprint power.  if there was some way to duplicate heavy foot, and have it only apply for when sprint is activated.  bonus if the ice spots could be slippery for a time.  or if they could have a slight 3d shape.  and there should be a 'special' animation for his sprint, like maybe vertex's ice man's flight renamed to special. 
alternately, maybe rename the flight to running.  and that way the heavy foot could always apply, just change the decal.
thoughts?

AfghanAnt

How would this work for when he slides to the top of a building?

bearded

i've thought about that.  the problem is, if you have to use heavy foot as a base, it would probably tear the building down.
if a new attribute could be scripted for 'cold feet', maybe it would simply leave cold spot decals on the building top.  iceman having the jumper attribute.
so...iceman's 'slides' would have to avoid buildings, cause his ice would knock them down?  does that work?
i mean, i'm sure we could create skins for heavy foot that would simulate ice patches, but would it be possible to simply duplicate heavy foot into a new attribute?  so as not to supersede heavy foot.

Epimethee

IIRC the decal type is generated automatically by the game engine depending on damage type. Maybe you could try with the unmodified Heavy Footed by customizingthe explosion power to a cold-based area attack doing zero damage.

In the Strangers mod, did King Zero have anything special beside the normal ice FX for his ice slide?